• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ivica Križanac

Thommybhoy

Established Member
Well I posted this simply cause I saw a bit about this in Arshavin link article by Mirror and now it's all over Croatian media who claim their sources confirmed this as being really seroius and that we are not sure if he could bare tough Premiership game schedule and if medical proves he can we get him and Arshavin.
There is like a 100 articles like that.
They think since Krizanac hasn't got enough NT games he will get work permit cause we are Arsenal and Wenger is Wenger.
<a class="postlink" href="http://24sata.hr/sport/clanak/veliki-arsenal-je-ozbiljno-zainteresiran-za-krizanca/95306/?context=naslovnica&web_page_id=main_page_sport" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://24sata.hr/sport/clanak/veliki-ar ... page_sport</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Title says: Arsenal seroiusly interested in Krizanac

I don't believe this one single bit, it would be rather mixed message from Boss to fans, this one.
He could as well be a smoke screen.
I can't say I saw enough of him, since his path was rather strange.
He was sold from mid table team to Czech Republic and from there to Zenit in making. He played a bit in that England fiasco and had a great game against Ukraine away.
He was linked to return to Hajduk, and said he wants to play seroius football back home, but they know if this is really true, he can't turn us down.

And to conclude I only posted this so it doesn't actually happen we do get him and then You ask "where is the link, why Croats didn't alarm us?", and then I say "there were a lot of links, but I didn't believe it and that's why I didn't post it" and feel like an idiot :D

Gooner_Stu

Established Member
Re: Ivica Krizanac

Anyone able to translate the link? My croatian isnt any good (it is croatian right?)

Thommybhoy

Established Member

I translated most up there.
Basically they sail Sunday Mirror prited the link that Boss is willing to pay 7,2M Euros (it can be a lot less IMO) and they contacted thier reliable sources and they said it's true.
That although he didn't play enough for NT since Arsenal is Arsenal and Wenger is Wenger Ivica would get work permit.
At the club they are not sure wheather Ivica can bare tight schedule in Premiership, so he must pass hard medical. If he does, he will continue his career in one of biggest clubs there is.

M+D

Established Member

Does anyone know how good he is, what style of defender he is etc?

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

I don't think he is good enough, certainly not for our offside trap system.

I have seen him playing for Zenit, twice I think. Very shaky and prone to defensive errors.

Zico

Established Member

Sounds more up our alley than an established performer like Arshavin. The media has put Wenger in a difficult place with all their Arshavin speculation. Wenger had better only buy Krizanac if he has Arshavin attached to him. Otherwise, those boos at Emirates will start being aimed at their rightful target.

Guillermo

Off topic, but what are your views on Vukojevic, Thommy? He's struck me as a very combative, commanding midfielder in the handful of occasions I've seen him play for Croatia and Kyiv.

Very dislikable, but perhaps what we need.

Thommybhoy

Established Member

One thing abozt Krizanac I saw him play only few times for Zenit and few times for NT, and I must say that he did look shaky for Zenit but for NT he looked really reliable and very good. But the thing is every defender always plays better for Croatian NT than for his club, Kovac, Simunic, Simic to name a few.
And Vukojevic simply can't play passing game, he is really agressive can score and runs more than any other player maybe, on Euro he was player with most km in 90mins against Poland, but can't pass and be even a bit imaginative, so pass.

Thommybhoy

Established Member

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.24sata.hr/sport/clanak/ivica-krizanac-nije-mi-zao-sto-nisam-otisao-u-arsenal/100937/?context=naslovnica&web_page_id=main_page_sport" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.24sata.hr/sport/clanak/ivica ... page_sport</a>

On link with Arsenal
"It turned out this way, they (Zenit) didn't let me go. I'm under contract until end of year, I can't do nothing, mine is to work for my employer. Anyhow, in my head there is not possibility that I sign news contract with Zenit, I could still leave in summer"
He had offer from Arsenal?
"Like I said, they didn't let me go, but I don't feel sorry that I stayed. Although, I still want to be closer to home, and London is closer to Omis that Sankt Peterburg (laughs)"

He also said Arshavin chosed perfect club....

Arsenal Quotes

When Patrick Vieira came over from AC Milan, he didn’t know a word of English. We gave him accommodation, phone, car and an English teacher. I talked to Patrick in fluent French and before a game I asked in French, can you speak a bit of English to me? Patrick nodded and replied: Tottenham are shit!

David Dein
Top Bottom