• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jérémie Aliadière (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chicago

if he wants to go, no point in keeping him, just make sure we get a good transfer fee we already have a wealth of young strikers(RVP, quincy, Lupoli, reyes), I think he's a decent player but there's no point in keeping him against his will.

KingReyes

Established Member
Always thought he looked good when he played for the seniors but he got injured every time he was about to make the step of being a regular in the squad. Would like to see him get another shot before the season ends.

awooga83

Established Member
I also felt Ali has looked quite good, injuries have plagued him but with the run in the carling cup last year he looked good and i wouldn't want him to leave before he's had a proper crack at the first team.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
why does everyone think he has looked so good? personally, other than Carling Cup or reserves, I think he has done a whole lot of nothing in the first team... either he looks completely lost in a match (see Liverpool or ManUre last season) or he gets hurt within 15 minutes of being on the pitch...

talent? yes
potential? sure
worth the risk? eh, not so sure

time to stop being a "talent" and start being a "performer" in the big leagues... he's too old to be playing in reserves constantly but doesnt look ready for the first team......

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
and im also not so sure he would do all that well in the French league... starting to get a bit more physical over there, and he doesnt do well with the physical game (obviously)..... i think a slower league would suit him more... (kind of like Kanu)

baccy_man

Established Member
i would have liked to see him play for a season where he did not get injured then we could have seen how good he is .

jeremiesgirl

Well I will be gutted if he leaves. Surprised that he's suddenly saying he wants to play in France- he's always said how much he loves Arsenal, infact he only mentioned it in this months Arsenal mag. He has interest from French teams before and said he always wanted to stay at Highbury. Seems a bit odd that suddenly he wants to leave -not good news for Arsenal as all players seem to want out at the min - what the hell is going on behind closed doors!!! :evil:

Clarkey

Could look at the other side of the story though JG, with the other possible reason being that Jeremie doesn't see a way of getting into the team because of the wealth of other options that have jumped ahead of him in Quincy and co, and potentially more joining in the Summer. Wenger has probably been straight with him as he has been with so many others and said how hard he will have to work, and hes thought its best for him to head elsewhere and get more first team action aka Upson.

Ziontrain

Is he out of contract. If so, that would be why the interest in PSG. Not only is it home, but he can move abroad as a young player without PSG paying any compensation to arsenal.

Asterix

Established Member
Ziontrain said:
Is he out of contract. If so, that would be why the interest in PSG. Not only is it home, but he can move abroad as a young player without PSG paying any compensation to arsenal.

Not sure if that's right - I thought that only applied if the young player hadn't yet signed a professional contract, like Cesc and Flamini. Aliadiare has, so his situation would be more like Pennant wouldn't it? Or is that only for transfers within England?

hollow

Asterix said:
Ziontrain said:

Not sure if that's right - I thought that only applied if the young player hadn't yet signed a professional contract, like Cesc and Flamini. Aliadiare has, so his situation would be more like Pennant wouldn't it? Or is that only for transfers within England?

I think your right. Also, he's not out of contract, he has a year to run.

Ziontrain

If he has a year to run that's one thing. But I think young players out of contract can skip the compensation by going abroad. Remember David Connolly going to Holland a few years ago? That's why.

Canuck

Established Member
Jeremie has hinted that he would perhaps like to go back to France. I also heard that a couple of dutch teams are showing interest as well. He's a quality striker with injury problems. My guess is that if he doesn't stay in London it'll be back to Paris for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom