• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jérôme Boateng

Bossa

Established Member
Arsenal are set to join the race for SV Hamburg star Jerome Boateng.

Manchester City have already made their interest in the 21-year-old central defender known – but Arsenal have also been alerted to his availability for £11million.

Arsenal scouts have been monitoring Bundesliga games in the last month as manager Arsène Wenger looks to strengthen his squad in the aummer.

Boateng, who played for the victorious German side against England in the final of the European Under-21 finals in Sweden last June, has impressed with his displays for Hamburg.

Wenger is anxious to increase his options with the addition of a defender and a striker.

Bordeaux’s Marouane Chamakh seems certain to move to The Emirates at the end of his contract and sign a five-year deal at Arsenal.

That will be on a free and will leave Wenger with substantial cash to bring in more re-inforcements.

The Arsenal manager is believed to have in excess of £30m at his disposal

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-news-Arsenal-join-Manchester-City-in-race-for-11million-Hamburg-star-Jerome-Boateng-article370281.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Tr ... 70281.html</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A left footed CB who can also play left-back. He's still young and this year has been his breakthrough year at HSV. And he's very tall 1.92. He already is a member of the national team playing left-back I think. I think that he'd be a good replacement for Silvestre. There aren't a lot of left footed CB's and I think that Wenger is looking for a young CB after he missed out on Smalling.

He has all the ingredients that Wenger wants in a CB. Tall, strong, African, young, left-footed CB. But 11m is a lot and City are also interested so the price can actually go up a lot.

Lespin

Re: Jerome Boateng

He definitely is too inconsistent as a full back, haven't seen him play as a centre back though. Thought he was very poor against Anderlecht in the Europa League as well where he was constantly struggling against their small and agile players.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member

Interesting player, but the price is a bit high. I guess it makes sense to go for a young left-footer if Tweety leaves though. Both Campbell and Djourou are predominantly right-footed just like Gallas. Vermaelen will be the only left-footed centreback at the club next season.

There might be something to this rumour. I think Boateng is the type of defender we're after, at least.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵

Del Boy said:
And he is also George Boateng's brother. Pass.
Not THAT George Boateng.:lol: His bro plays for Pompey, Kevin-Prince.

ricky1985

Established Member

I saw him in the U-21 Euro Championships last summer, and I could have sworn he was right footed? I'm sure he even played a little at right back in the tournament.

Anyway he looked a good prospect to me. Hugely powerful frame, really quick and athletic, and looked a good defender, but maybe it was the level of the opposition that made him appear better than what he was?

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

He can play left right centre.

Seen him and was always convinced he was not a good full back. Will be a good CB though.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

At Raider:

RGC002-willis.jpg

If you want a donkey look no further than this dude.

Ruud-van-Nistelrooy-001.jpg

Asterix

Established Member

Come on Loyan, you know the difference between a donkey and a horse (faced cnut).

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Well they're close enough to be able to have babies. Imagine mini RvN-mules running amok somewhere with the huge mouths. *Shudders*

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Haha, well you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it take a bath.

Arsenal Quotes

Thierry Henry was very quick at analysing everything that was going on and how he needed to react. This intelligence, this capacity to evaluate, understand and question oneself, is also the mark of great players... For everyone, for the fans and for us, he symbolised the golden age of Arsenal.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom