• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Júlio Baptista

Status
Not open for further replies.

MTG

Buy a centre-forward Wenger, Wiltord Kanu and Jeffers could play with their backs to goal, we now have no-one who can.

Ratinho

Established Member
I never saw Wiltord or Jeffers play with their back to goal with any success at all, and Kanu was shifted on as surlplus.

WE DON'T HAVE THE MONEY TO SIGN BAPTISTA!

Or Bojinov, or probably even the likes of Wright-Phillips.

MTG

Ratinho said:
I never saw Wiltord or Jeffers play with their back to goal with any success at all, and Kanu was shifted on as surlplus.

WE DON'T HAVE THE MONEY TO SIGN BAPTISTA!

Or Bojinov, or probably even the likes of Wright-Phillips.

Examples

Jeffers against Man Utd, Chelsea in 2003 FA CUP run - both away from home, which were excellent team performances.

Kanu, Liverpool away numerous times, Man U in 2002 when we won the league at OT and most importantly and probably our best performance last season 5-1 against Inter in the San Siro.

We can't afford £8m to buy Baptista? What are we building a £400m stadium if we can't manage to find the funds for a quality striker that our squad is bereft of?

Ratinho

Established Member
Wasn't aware Baptista had an £8m clause, but I stand corrected if you are true. The question is, have we ever even been linked with him, or is this just complete hear'say?

Giving me individual games of those strikers, will not convince me, as I don't want one off game players, but you made your point. I don't agree with it, at all.

Mostarac

Established Member
Ratinho: How the f*** do you know that we cannot sign guys like Baptista or Bojinov? Haha, are you Arsenal`s accountant?

Mark

Established Member
I'm sure most managers would want to sign him. He's awesome, but aren't AS really unreliable?

kel varnsen

Established Member
it would not suck... :D

both hleb and baptista are very versatile; with just two players we will "get" 2 cm, 1 rm, 1 lm and 1 forward...

AFCFan4Ever

It looked like it was a formality that Barca was going to sign him but his agent said if Baptista leaves Sevilla he won't play for another Spanish club, we're supposedly sending reps over there to sound him out about a move and rumor is that he'd be very interested...would be an awesome signing.

sn196

He is excellent!!!! I would love him at Arsenal. One of my favourite players in Spanish Football at the moment!!!

Clarkey

Where would Baptista fit in for us if this were to happen. I presume Hleb would be coming in for the right handside if it happens, and CM cover. RVP should be (depending on his situation) playing in the Bergy role. Reyes covering left wing and secondary striker. And then you have Vieira, Pires, Ljungberg. I'm not trying to be negative against this, I love Baptista and he'd be great here I#m jusdt confuzzled as to where he'd fit in in the sense that we keep all our players happy with their roles.

kel varnsen

Established Member
forward or central midfield. baptista is a very versatile player and could give us that extra bit of muscle up front. classy player!

lewdikris

Established Member
Baptista would be Henry's partner up front, simple as... Van Persie would still get plenty of game time though. It would actually allow us to do that crazy thing we never do: give Titi the day off.

GraPu

Isn't there already a thread about him last time? Media just try to give all kind of speculation about who's going in to Arsenal, and there are a lot of people linked with arsenal this summer. But,there isn't a major news about him either, not like Hleb. I don't think he'll go to Arsenal.

Is he a left winger?But if it's going to happen, and there's also a speculation about Pires contract talks is stall, then maybe we get some name for Pires replacement IMO...

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Translation of the article from AS:

EL ARSENAL ASKS TO FIGER THE TRANSFER OF Baptist

Arsène Wenger told al agent that wants to put on file as seaAndrés Palop will be presented today to the 12:45 hours

IN THE MARKET. July Baptist is in the agenda of the Arsenal and of other European large teams. (TONI RODRIGUEZ)

16.06.2005 ¿INTERESTS YOU? V. FERNÁNDEZ (SEVILLE)

The Arsenal has launched an offensive to put on file to July Baptist. "We are not negotiating the possible pair of the player al Madrid or al Barcelona, but other things that there is in the foreign soccer", the agent of the Brazilian was watchful yesterday. Thus of flat. Thus of clear. Well, therefore ACE has been able to know that the English in which military assembly Kings is the team with the one that the representatives of the Beast are conversing.

Arsène Wenger, after ratifying well the reports that had, has conversed with Figer to give him the order that move the pair of the Brazilian as be. The technician of the English team has conversed in several occasions with José himself Antonio Kings, who the acquisition of the Beast he has recommended him.

This information line perfectly with the explosive statements that only yesterday carried out Figer, who left to make out the distancing that has in these moments with the Seville: "We are not renewing with the Seville. We gave him some time limit to do it and himself he was not produced. Now we are in another thing. Of the Nest did a proposal and itself did not move from her". But there is more, since Figer seems told to open a front of discussion with the club of Nervión: "If the player is the most important one of the staff, as thus he has declared it Of The Nest, its salary will have to be also the most important one. Cannot be that be the player that less desire of the staff, as is what happens in these moments". The strategy seems clear and the pressures by Brazilian part begin to be shot.

They suspect of other possible offerings

The statements of Figer have no waste. Besides demanding the possibility of negotiating a contract, the Brazilian agent left you suspect in the air on the possibility that the Seville is negotiating with other teams: "If the player forms part of a possible operation, they have to put in its knowledge that is being spoken of something. Later, we have to agree the contract with the boy, that will be very important and harmonious with the quality that the player has". And almost it notified to Of The Nest that a possible transfer without its knowledge would not be possible: "To remove slice we have to do it by common consent with the player. If that does not it occur, is not going to pass nothing. The boy is not something that is bought per kilogram in a fair. The regulations say that a player should charge the 15 percent. He is part interested and is not going to renounce neither to a point neither a comma of all to what has the right". To Of The Nest he they will like nothing these words.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom