• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Júlio Baptista

Status
Not open for further replies.

gibson

So where do people thikn Bap will play? It was said earlier that if he signed a reporter was saying he hoped Wenger wouldnt waste him in DM

belgianfan

Great transfer. He's a hard man very strong. He could bring the muscle back to us. Have you seen the guy's chest. They don't call him la bestia for nothing.

With Gallas coming and cole leaving maybe we can get cash too for the deal.

It could be that we didn't even spend a penny over the summer. Maybe in January if we see what we need we can buy another one.

Arsenal_FAN1983

MrHanson said:
Big Poppa said:
Guys, does anyone else get the feeling that we are more strapped for cash than is being let-on?? I mean, Baptista and Gallas are great signings but it looks like we're having to rely on swap deals to get them!!

I'd say its more to do with baptista seeing after 1 year if he's happy or not than cash problems. I cant say i'm over the moon about this deal because its a loan deal. What if reyes flops at real then after the loan period madrid do not want to buy or baptista scores 20 goals then chelsea, united or whoever come sniffing around to purchase him.

We have agreed with Real Madrid we have first option on buying Julio. If Reyes doesn't perform to expectations it doesn't matter, RM won't sell him to other clubs unless we don't want Julio.

Allyboy

Established Member
The beast is in the squad for brazil v argentina on sunday, oh for a hatchet job on the russian stooges at West Ham!

gibson

AFCFan4Ever said:
Arjun261sg said:
this bin a long hard day and again ended in dissapointment

How on earth can you say that if we can land Baptista and Gallas? :roll:
the mind boogles with some statements that arsenal fans come out with on this forum

Don Pacifico

Established Member
Getting the Baptist will make up for not getting Tevez, Baptista will mix it up, he will break through the defence like the beast he is! Has anyone seen him play on the wing (so he can directly replace Reyes) because i have only seen him play up front, is he good on the wing? Also, what a versatile player he could be for us, but if Wenger wants him to partner Henry, what does that mean for Ade and RVP? In that respect i would prefer him to play on the wing...either way, i just want to see him play and rip up the EPL...so yeh, how good is he on the wing?

gibson

Don Pacifico said:
Getting the Baptist will make up for not getting Tevez, Baptista will mix it up, he will break through the defence like the beast he is! Has anyone seen him play on the wing (so he can directly replace Reyes) because i have only seen him play up front, is he good on the wing? Also, what a versatile player he could be for us, but if Wenger wants him to partner Henry, what does that mean for Ade and RVP? In that respect i would prefer him to play on the wing...either way, i just want to see him play and rip up the EPL...so yeh, how good is he on the wing?
my brother said he saw him play on the wing for Real but id think hes better through the middle because of his strength

MrHanson

Arsenal_FAN1983 said:
MrHanson said:
Big Poppa said:
Guys, does anyone else get the feeling that we are more strapped for cash than is being let-on?? I mean, Baptista and Gallas are great signings but it looks like we're having to rely on swap deals to get them!!

I'd say its more to do with baptista seeing after 1 year if he's happy or not than cash problems. I cant say i'm over the moon about this deal because its a loan deal. What if reyes flops at real then after the loan period madrid do not want to buy or baptista scores 20 goals then chelsea, united or whoever come sniffing around to purchase him.

We have agreed with Real Madrid we have first option on buying Julio. If Reyes doesn't perform to expectations it doesn't matter, RM won't sell him to other clubs unless we don't want Julio.

I'm aware of the fact that we'll have first option on the beast but to be quite frankly i dont think that means much. We all no the way chelsea operate baptista could say no to a permenant deal because chelsea have offered both real and bap shead loads of cash.

If reyes doesnt perform it does matter because real are then unlikely to buy him. Also other spanish teams such as athletico could be put off. he could well return to us next season a scenario no one wants.

A

Anonymous

baptista is best to be used as a striker his pace and strength had attracted wenger to him and finaly wenger has got his target.
gallas and baptista is more than what i had wished for....mascherano,simao sabrosa,tevez,reo coker was all bullpup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom