• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Júlio Baptista

Status
Not open for further replies.

KD

this would be a fantastic signing and i hope we can sign him! the only problem might be his price, but considering we payed so much for reyes, maybe sevilla will give us a discount! :wink:

GraPu

Hey,is he a MF(which side) or a striker? I heard he scores 50 goal in 2 seasons, that's surely a big amount of goal! If he comes to Arsenal, which position will he play ?

DB10

Lord Dula said:
Seville aint not in no champs league fooooooooooool.

hmmm uefa cup then? i know its was either them or betis in the CL.

still i don't think seville will sell. again probably just the agent trying to get a better paycheck.

Weakerthan

have been saying that we should buy him for ages

You've been on the forum for a month. :) He certainly would be a good signing and the planetfootball report is encouraging, but I can only help but think that a lot of AW's plans have been put on hold because of the Van Persie situation. Regardless, a player I would love to see at Arsenal. He can virtually play anywhere. As a second striker, main striker, central midfielder.

raphael_as

If we do sign someone from Spain I hope it is Cesar rather then Michael Owen - both of them are very good, but I just think Baptista would be a better fit.

I don't think that Seville will be that keen on selling him though, especially not since we've already bailed them out of debt by buying Reyes off them.

sn196

There is one man, however, that could spare the purchase of the aforementioned three. Julio Baptista, the strong, free scoring ex-defensive midfielder at Sevilla, could just kill problems 2,3 and 4 with one purchase:

Baptista would provide a physical presence undoubtedly, but he could also be a modern equivalent of the now aged Dennis Begkamp. Baptista prefers to play as a withdrawn striker, like Bergkamp. who makes late runs into the box. His pace and love of the one two would mean he would probably fit straight into Arsenals frenetic style.

One man alone will not answer all problems, but he could be a tonic for many; especially Arsenal’s perennial failure in Europe. Julio Baptista does not have a phobia of flying and with him in the side for all European matches, Wenger can vary tactics and play, Arsenal may become less predictable and even more deadly.

Taken from: http://www.squarefootball.net/article/a ... p?aid=2083

I found this on the net:

A video compilation from Baptista`s goals in the season 03/04.
It`s a bad quality, but it`s strange to find something better.

This guy seems to be a real "fox in the box" and he can head the ball perfectly.
I think this transfer would be better than for example a Robinho transfer, because he would add a new, really needed dimension to our game.
(Click "save target as")

http://www.softlab.ece.ntua.gr/~sivann/pub/Uploaded/JulioBaptista.wmv

A.M.A.G.

If that video is anything to go by, it seems him and Reyes are best boys... apart from the fact that he seems to be the business... the Reyes link may help him to settle quickly, and help Reyes settle further. 'Twould be interesting. 8)

A.M.A.G.

And the boy does seems to get a fair share of goals with his head :shock: What is he really? Forward or Midfielder?

the dawn raids

Established Member
A.M.A.G. said:
And the boy does seems to get a fair share of goals with his head :shock: What is he really? Forward or Midfielder?

he could be a ****ing goalkeeper for all i care if hes gonna score 50 goals in 2 seasons.

black187

He will be difficulte to get, Barcelona and Real are trying to buy him for 2 years, but they have too much foreign players.
It would be great to get him though,

AFCFan4Ever

He's been playing as a shadow striker for Sevilla lately, I think we could easily convert him to partner Henry. Baptista is the ideal buy for Arsenal, a target man with great technical skill, can head the ball, and is friggin' strong as hell. Buy him now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom