• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Júlio Baptista

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurgen

Established Member
He is fantastic and the ideal target man, but as I've said before it's too good to be true.

Rocafella

Established Member
His heading ability won't really be put to use in our team though will it. Great player none the less.

AFCFan4Ever

He'd be a bargain at 10m, at that price Wenger should drop whatever else he's doing (including the Hleb deal) and try to get a deal secured for him ASAP.

nikelo11

everyone's sayin batista is really good.. but just how good?

i hadn't actually heard of him until finding him in Football Manager LOL!....
is he as silky as the likes of robinho???
or he is more of a technical player who does less skills and just likes to finish?

A

Anonymous

nikelo11 said:

or he is more of a technical player who does less skills and just likes to finish?
He's all power and determination. Nothing technical. Likes to stick to his marker it seems.
He's a good finisher though.

Love your avatar btw.

deeplennon

thegame24 said:
his stats on FM are f****g quality of a striker but hes a dmc????

Indeed, Baptista is a Central Midfielder, but very Central, and very forward, in other words, the absolute center of Seville's attack. He's a great powerful finisher and as you've read, a large commanding presence, no one that's not leagally blind would misstake Baptista for Robinho.

I'm not sure why he's not rated higher by his international coach, his midfield teamate Renato gets alot more international playing time. But maybe he knows something we all don't... or just doesn't fit well into a system that has Ronaldinho as it's center-midfield focus.

nikelo11

yeah true.... i hope he gets into the brazilian squad for the next world cup so that we can see how he performs on the big stage...

in other news... seeing quincy rip open japan... i realllly hope he gets a run for arsenal next season.. he can bloddy do all the tricks ****aldo does and plus he has an END PRODUCT... unlike ****aldo....

henry, reyes, quincy, batista, fabregas, persie... DAMNN how good would that be in a few years??!?!?!?

kel varnsen

Established Member
Stefano said:
nikelo11 said:

He's all power and determination. Nothing technical. Likes to stick to his marker it seems.
He's a good finisher though.

Love your avatar btw.

actually, his close control is pretty good. not like ronaldinho or ronaldo, but more than adequate.

Taozhe

He could be our soultion to target man, physical presence and fox in the box. He can head the ball very well, as seen from the clip the amount of headers he scored. He can also score from crosses low or high with tap ins or strong volleys PLUS he takes a mean freekick as well. A good striker who is central and can even fall back into midfield because of his physical presence. A top signing if we can get him, plus he can link up with Reyes, his ex teammate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom