Jack Butland

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Aevius, Mar 21, 2017.

1. Aevius

Aevius (╯ಠ_ಠ)╯︵ ┻┻ Moderator

Butland mentioned as a goalkeeper option being explored.

2. Impact

Impact Well-Known Member

Think the press are scouring this forum for our wishlist suggestions knowing that will get their articles hits.

Having said that, Butland would be brilliant.

3. 4R5Emaniac

4R5Emaniac Always fresh from Bangladesh

I don't know much of Butland tbh. Stoke are **** and concede a lot of goals.

4. GDeep™

GDeep™ Crohn Joss

Butland or Kasper would be top signings. Joe Hart makes too many mistakes.

I'm not sure I believe this stuff though, Cech came here to start no? Wenger will not only have to drop him, but probably sell. Ospina will go as it is.

Seems like too much change.

5. yybecause

yybecause Formerly known as ArsenaLover

Not buying it. Cech will be here, and we'll still have Szcz and MartineZ.

6. GDeep™

GDeep™ Crohn Joss

Maybe Szcz will get sold and we'll use that money, plus the Ospina money, to fund a new GK.

7. Impact

Impact Well-Known Member

That's my hope.

Čech has a contract with at least two years to run still. If he doesn't like being second choice, I'd still keep him. Should raise the standards of him and his replacement.

8. yybecause

yybecause Formerly known as ArsenaLover

Ospina is gone. Szcz will get all the love from Roma to stay there. But even if both leave us, I am perfectly fine with Cech and Martinez
    Got a feeling we'll improve on LB position and attack (with Özil and Alexis probably gone).

9. 4R5Emaniac

4R5Emaniac Always fresh from Bangladesh

Yeah, having Cech and a GK competing for no.1 should be no issue at all. Cech is pretty good at basics still and a proper competitor with prospects of taking his place might give him the kick he needs.

I'll maintain we go for Alban Lafont or another highly rated youngster-maybe Butland- and sellSzcz and Martinez. Keep Cech and Ospina for one more season.

10. Batman

Batman Bruce Wayne

Don't believe any of these rumors but Butland would be a good signing and there's always a bit of pride having the England No 1 which he will be in the very near future