Jack Wilshere: Has the Time Come to Part Ways?

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by blaze_of_glory, Feb 1, 2016.

1. YeahBee

YeahBee Sign all the Swedes

Özil, Jack, Xhaka, Ramsey
    just a straight good ol 4-4-2

both jack and xhaka sit deep

kinda reminicent of the invincibles...

özil the majestic technician but more of a assister then a scorer a la Pires
    Ramsey gung ho runner like freddie

Garrincha likes this.
  2. Garrincha

Garrincha AM Resident Joker #2

Just missing that Vieira type holding it together that would cost 200m now! Get on it Sven.

3. NotAUserName

NotAUserName Guest

It's tactical. There is a video of Henry confirming it. The reason Jack or Granit don't do it is because their style of play is different and their offensive movement is not as good as Aaron's for them to be a goal threat.

krengon, celestis, Zaza and 1 other person like this.
  4. James Bond

James Bond Moderation Consultant

Tactical. :lol: Or just they realize their position is to play in midfield but Ramsey fancy's himself as a some one of a kind 'DLCF', so he goes on a walkabout up field whenever possible.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
    Artisan and Longy like this.
  5. Longy

Longy Well-Known Member

He didn't hold.

Need Petit or Gilberto.

North5 and celestis like this.
  6. THunter

THunter Are you not entertained? Trusted

My 30k post is going on the best player this club has ever had.

Thanks a lot.

What a sad bastard I am.

Malky, Beksl, North5 and 11 others like this.
  7. Jojoba

Jojoba Well-Known Member

Robert Pires was a 15 goal a season player on top of being an assister.

Mrs Bergkamp likes this.
  8. Impact

Impact Well-Known Member

Gooner Zig likes this.
  9. field442

field442 Abandoned Allegri for Arteta

I know it's only one game but he could become the odd man out with Wenger's obsession of picking Xhaka no matter how he plays. If he doesn't sign that extension soon i worry he'll decide to leave.

10. GunnerBP

GunnerBP Well-Known Member Trusted

Yeah, Jack is definitely looking like the odd man out, but the smartest solution would be to start Jack over Iwobi.

Jack is definitely a player who thrives in middle, but he's also really effective in the penalty box, and can get into more attacking positions there.

In CM, Ramsey is better at getting into the box because of his runs, but at RW or LW Jack could collect the ball in the box and use his technique to create chances.

Iwobi had a good match today by his standards, but he didn't really create any goalscoring chances.

I'd recommend

GK
    Back four
    Ramsey-Xhaka
    Mkhi-Özil-Jack
    PEA

11. dashsnow17

dashsnow17 Well-Known Member

This. Gilberto 2.0 and this team will boss it.

afcb likes this.
  12. Mrs Bergkamp

Mrs Bergkamp Well-Known Member

He needs to trust the club after we've stood by him and sign up. He will get games,no question.

13. cloista

cloista Active Member

I think it's between Jack and Rambo as the 'offensive' central midfielder, with Xhaka/El Neny/AMN as the holding midfielder. It's good to have some relative depth now, even if I personally want another more defensive midfield option, and Xhaka addd to that offensive rotation. Jack and Rambo's ability to play further forward is also a blessing.

14. RacingPhoton

RacingPhoton Well-Known Member

I think Ramsey should take Iwobi's position and Jack should take Ramsey's. Ramsey in CM leaves Xhaka isolated. It has been a known issue for a long time. Let him just be an attacking midfielder. Jack gave better support to Xhaka than Ramsey. We can have Elneny and Iwobi as options from bench.

kraphtous likes this.
  15. afcb

afcb Member

Id like a dm like Fabinho with wilshere and Ramsey either side of him and Özil and mikhy free just behind pea
    And a new cb. A good dm will cost a fortune as there are not that many as will a cb oh and a gk

dashsnow17 likes this.
  16. Longy

Longy Well-Known Member

definately need a defensive minded midfielder, we really have none, they are all offensive besides elnenny who is kinda neither, just a recycler.

dashsnow17 likes this.
  17. Mrs Bergkamp

Mrs Bergkamp Well-Known Member

A few rumours linking him to Liverpool. I hope he's not messing with us or demanding guaranteed playing time. We need him signed up abd a decision on Ramsey before easter.

18. Relic

Relic Well-Known Member

Or we're messing Jack around?

19. IslingtonBornandbred

IslingtonBornandbred Well-Known Member

Dear Bald Headed One,

Please offer Jack a contract, a proper contract because it's getting a bit ridiculous now that we have a player who is home grown, exceptionally talented, who wants to stay at the club and has publicly stated he wants to sign a new contract, yet there seems to be some sort of delay or hold up as usual.

Regards.

kopzilla likes this.
  20. Longy

Longy Well-Known Member

Only Arsenal would fck around with the most talented English player of his generation.