• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jack Wilshere: Where to now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
And incentivised contract based on being in match day squad is what it sounds like. If he’s fit he’ll be one of the better earners. Risk mitigation on our part. We’ve learned from Doabt and Rosicky

Godwin1

Very well-known
Our best player on the pitch imo, better than Özil and Mhki put together going forward. Imagine if he didn't have injury problems.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Admin
I honestly don't think he had such a good game, Tottenham stifled him pretty effectively. His pass to Auba for the wrong offside call was fantastic though; he's the least of our worries.

Gooner n Proud

a.k.a. nasri_8 and Voice of Flamini
I just don't think this guy is a central midfielder, I've held this opinion for a long time. Great on the ball & shows the passion which we all love to see but lacks the movement plus the positioning when we are transitioning, on top of that his stamina isn't great neither.

Would be much better playing as an inside winger or a number ten behind a striker where his dribbling close control would be put to better use.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
I just don't think this guy is a central midfielder, I've held this opinion for a long time. Great on the ball & shows the passion which we all love to see but lacks the movement plus the positioning when we are transitioning, on top of that his stamina isn't great neither.

Would be much better playing as an inside winger or a number ten behind a striker where his dribbling close control would be put to better use.
agreed, but there seem to be no room for him to play that role so he has to adapt.
If this is going to be his role, Ramsey is the far superior option.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
I honestly don't think he had such a good game, Tottenham stifled him pretty effectively. His pass to Auba for the wrong offside call was fantastic though; he's the last of our worries.

We’re crying out for a midfield enforcer to help him. Too many times Dembele has controlled midfield against us due to his sheer strength and power. Correct me if I’m wrong, but Dembele didn’t play when we beat them 2-0 in November did he? If he did I’m fairly sure he was coming back from injury and was subbed fairly early.

He enjoys it against us. We don’t have anyone in our team with enough physicality to worry him. Need a midfield beast ASAP before we can even think about winning the league.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
We’re crying out for a midfield enforcer to help him. Too many times Dembele has controlled midfield against us due to his sheer strength and power. Correct me if I’m wrong, but Dembele didn’t play when we beat them 2-0 in November did he? If he did I’m fairly sure he was coming back from injury and was subbed fairly early.

He enjoys it against us. We don’t have anyone in our team with enough physicality to worry him. Need a midfield beast ASAP before we can even think about winning the league.

Need to fix the spine of the team asap.. Just filled with lightweight players that aren't even that good technically.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Struggled at 2nd half like most of the team I think he wanted to force things when he should keep it simple

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

yeah but we needed the ball and we needed to defend in our half.
he is very poor when we are in that position.

You are describing a problem that's symptomatic of the entire team :lol:

He isn't the problem in isolation. His two other CM partners are even worse in that position (winning the ball back and defending).

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

If Iwobi had the same game that Wilshere had people would have put him on blast and blame him for us losing the match...... and Iwobi is younger than Wilshere.

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Not that it's saying much but I thought Wilshere was one of our better outfield players.

What a weird comparison seeing as Iwobi came on with one of the worst substitute appearances in recent memory.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Not that it's saying much but I thought Wilshere was one of our better outfield players.

What a weird comparison seeing as Iwobi came on with one of the worst substitute appearances in recent memory.

Wilshere had only 27 successful passes. Very poor for a CM, has to be involved more. As I said earlier he was invisible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom