• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jack Wilshere: Where to now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jae

Think every single player in our squad has had a MOTM performance at some point over the past few years - the world class players do it consistently, which is what we lack in ambundance.

Theres no room for sentiment in football anymore, its a cutthroat business now more than ever and I'd rather not keep players on the basis that they've had a few MOTM performances this season or banged in a few FA Cup winners in days gone by. They have to be able to prove that they are at least capable of doing that every other game. Unfortunately that doesn't apply to many of our current crop of players.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
Think every single player in our squad has had a MOTM performance at some point over the past few years - the world class players do it consistently, which is what we lack in ambundance.

Theres no room for sentiment in football anymore, its a cutthroat business now more than ever and I'd rather not keep players on the basis that they've had a few MOTM performances this season or banged in a few FA Cup winners in days gone by. They have to be able to prove that they are at least capable of doing that every other game. Unfortunately that doesn't apply to many of our current crop of players.
I think one issue, beyond an obvious lack of quality in comparison to the current top 4, is that we lack a player (or a couple) who is obsessed with constant success and demands the same of his teammates, explicitly or by example. Too many of the players seem content to clock in and cash out, delivering quality performance far less often than their potential suggests they ought to.

Last edited:

Jae

I think one issue, beyond an obvious lack of quality in comparison to the current top 4, is that we lack a player (or a couple) who is obsessed with constant success and demands the same of his teammates, explicitly or by example. Too many of the players seem content to clock in cash out, delivering quality performance far less often than their potential suggests they ought to.

Think the main problem is we lack a manager that demands success. No fear in our squad anymore. Our players are walking back when we're defending counter attacks because they know they'll be starting the next game regardless.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
Think the main problem is we lack a manager that demands success. No fear in our squad anymore. Our players are walking back when we're defending counter attacks because they know they'll be starting the next game regardless.
Exactly. Manager doesn't demand maximum effort (let alone excellence), and they players don't have the requisite self-respect to consistently provide it on their own.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Please name all these big time clubs that are in for him. You're talking bollocks man. If we don't sign him he goes to Everton or West Ham. Hardly a stellar end to the dream we had for him at age 19.
I hear Wolves have hinted at wanting him too :lol:. Top, top clubs.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
poverty Carrick at Wolverhampton or Everton right about fits the **** he delivered for Arsenal this season. Let him go. His years of being an injury plagued talent have gone by long.

And **** all is he an Arsenal man. He blanketed the club completely during his Bournemouth stay, apparently is now trying to ransom for top wages for delivering exactly nothing a youngster couldn't do. If he'd be a club man he'd accept the wages offered to stay, or just move on. The 5k more Everton offer won't make your post football life. All the while the oh so injury prone overrated Aaron Ramsey, who should be shifted for the Stevenage Messi, won an FA Cup final for Arsenal, while Whessi was on holiday. Shift the greedy basterd and get in someone younger, more reliable and productive.

MustOezil

poverty Carrick at Wolverhampton or Everton right about fits the **** he delivered for Arsenal this season. Let him go. His years of being an injury plagued talent have gone by long.

And **** all is he an Arsenal man. He blanketed the club completely during his Bournemouth stay, apparently is now trying to ransom for top wages for delivering exactly nothing a youngster couldn't do. If he'd be a club man he'd accept the wages offered to stay, or just move on. The 5k more Everton offer won't make your post football life. All the while the oh so injury prone overrated Aaron Ramsey, who should be shifted for the Stevenage Messi, won an FA Cup final for Arsenal, while Whessi was on holiday. Shift the greedy basterd and get in someone younger, more reliable and productive.

Speaking of Aaron Ramsey, the guy's dedicated, focused and always speaks well of the manager and club. To deliver us FA cups after his leg break merits nothing but respect. Love him.

Also, hopefully Özil gets his deserved #10 shirt finally.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
If he makes the England squad hasn't he got just over a month to decide his future? I can't see him wanting anything to take his focus anyway from that.

Perhaps the two are even connected? We all know how much he loves the national team so if he doesn't make the cut he might decide that he needs a change?

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Wenger's going so withdraw the contract offer right now. It's clear that we haven't got anyone lined up (its well hidden if we have) so let's not burden the new manager with this version of JW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom