• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jack Wilshere: Where to now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunners4life

Definitely Not RonaldoMadness
Wilshere 8 MOTM

His brilliant cross set up the opener and he never stopped. Superb.

Most professional journalists have Wilshere as MOTM.

I think perhaps some people here want to see Jack fail so they can say ' I told you so'

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
He played well yesterday and I love him but I think that all this really proves is that he's a rare case of an English player much more suited to playing outside of England. Honestly I think the smartest thing he could do is move to Italy or Spain. I know he's generally been much fitter the past 2 seasons and again, I love him but I can't help but doubt he'll last with the grind of the PL. I could see him joining a Milan or Juve or an Atletico and completely reinvigorating his career. I would much rather that for him than what I think will be a frustrating, truncated and ultimately suboptimal outcome for him and us if he stays. You know someone who is a bit of a forgotten man is Steve McManaman who I really enjoyed watching play as a kid. To move to Real Madrid at the onset of the Galacticos era was a massive massive achievement and while his goal contribution dropped there, I actually thought he played better overall in an environment that more suited the kind of technician he was. Jack maybe could be the same though I don't think he'd be at Madrid's level.

ksarp

He played well yesterday and I love him but I think that all this really proves is that he's a rare case of an English player much more suited to playing outside of England. Honestly I think the smartest thing he could do is move to Italy or Spain. I know he's generally been much fitter the past 2 seasons and again, I love him but I can't help but doubt he'll last with the grind of the PL. I could see him joining a Milan or Juve or an Atletico and completely reinvigorating his career. I would much rather that for him than what I think will be a frustrating, truncated and ultimately suboptimal outcome for him and us if he stays. You know someone who is a bit of a forgotten man is Steve McManaman who I really enjoyed watching play as a kid. To move to Real Madrid at the onset of the Galacticos era was a massive massive achievement and while his goal contribution dropped there, I actually thought he played better overall in an environment that more suited the kind of technician he was. Jack maybe could be the same though I don't think he'd be at Madrid's level.

Except none of those teams ha e a high valuation of him. Mid table team EPL team might give him a chance.

Longy

Wilshere 8 MOTM

His brilliant cross set up the opener and he never stopped. Superb.

Most professional journalists have Wilshere as MOTM.

I think perhaps some people here want to see Jack fail so they can say ' I told you so'
because he did the little and unspectacular well.
well positioned and kept ball moving

i gave MOTM to Özil or Lacazette.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Except none of those teams ha e a high valuation of him. Mid table team EPL team might give him a chance.
Nobody has a high valuation on him because he's available on a free and it seemed a forgone conclusion that he would remain at Arsenal. Now he may well end up at a mid table English club but you can't rule out a team like Milan whom he's been linked to coming in for him unless you've got a crystal ball.

ksarp

Nobody has a high valuation on him because he's available on a free and it seemed a forgone conclusion that he would remain at Arsenal. Now he may well end up at a mid table English club but you can't rule out a team like Milan whom he's been linked to coming in for him unless you've got a crystal ball.
And what would he bring to Milan that would bring value?

Stannis

from a career point of view probably best for Jack to go to China and make as much as he can while his body lasts

Gunners4life

Definitely Not RonaldoMadness
Sorry but couldn't help but laugh at that. Iniesta replacement. Maybe 6/7 years ago as a potential.

I mean like a squad player for whoever is the main repayment for Iniesta. They're a similar player but obviously jack hasn't yet reached that level yet

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
That could be a hint that the new man is already finalised behind the scenes and has made it clear he wants to keep Wilshere. If not, I'd rather the club didn't back down over this.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Worth it if he can get back to his mid season form.

Ramsey must be looking at 200k+ if he agrees a new deal.

GriezusChrist

Jack and Arsène seem to fit into the same category, history shows that there is so many warning signs for both. However they fit the 'if only' attitude. I love AW and I really wished he could win the league again and get that one European trophy. I am the same with JW always thinking if only he can stay injury free he still has potential. If you look through the squad there are other players that fit this bill. Its time for change, pick 1 of Santi or Jack to be the injured player in the squad and move the other on because having 2 is damaging.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

No natural midfield partnerships at this club but we're one or two attributes away from having one of the most tactically flexible midfields in the league.

Jack offers the least of all our midfielders in terms of unique attributes - Elneny is a squad player so doesn't count - I wouldn't miss him. I'm not sure the team would either.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Keeping Wilshere wouldn't make sense. We need a new midfielder, but we already have 4 and AMN. We gave Elneny a new contract. The club intends to keep Ramsey. Xhaka plays the most of any player bar maybe Bellerin. And now we want to keep Wilshere too? Not sure where a new signing would fit in, we don't need this many midfielders unless we get a manager who plays with 3 in midfield, but we don't even know if that'll be the case yet. Which is poor planning from the club.

This is all such a mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom