• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jack Wilshere: Where to now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Although I like and respect Wenger, I wanted a new manager to see something else and fresh instead of the uninspiring and stale relationship it had become. And it's the same with Wilshere. Although I like him and see what could be there, I'm just tired of waiting for him to come good, it's been too f*cking long. We've been waiting for him to get fit and healthy, and then we've been waiting for him to get into shape and form, and it just hasn't paid off in any way. I want someone else in midfield instead of him, someone who gets me excited again with his abilities and promise instead of making me wonder when he'll finally turn the corner.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Just a bit of fun, so don't get your panties in a twist over stats....

"Progressive passing and runs leaders in the big five leagues." (per 90)

Jack's the only English lad on the list,

Southgate mustn't be a fan of the ol' progressive passing. But really the main thing you take away from that is that Özil is 5th on the list. Might not be a bad player after all?

Kash

Arsène FC Supporter
Shall we start with the smoking? This is all well documented, as are his altercations outside pubs and clubs in the early hours.
As a fan who was privileged to witness many a world class performance from the likes of players such as Dennis Bergkamp and Patrick Vieira, it is no coincidence that players of this class made huge compromises to ensure they reached and maintained peak fitness, for the sake of the team. No cheeky glass of wine on Xmas day, no salt on their dinner, no sugar added to their desserts.
No need to rewrite history here, it is all well documented. Read it and then compare and contrast!
No one smokes now man....one just vapes. And players have blood tests done, Nicotine will show up. Give it a rest. The whole world has piled on this kids head since he was a teen, at least our own fans should be supportive. Remember, against Atletico, he was the only one who made something happen. Jack has drive, talent and belief.

IslingtonBornandbred

No one smokes now man....one just vapes. And players have blood tests done, Nicotine will show up. Give it a rest. The whole world has piled on this kids head since he was a teen, at least our own fans should be supportive. Remember, against Atletico, he was the only one who made something happen. Jack has drive, talent and belief.

Wilshere was pictured smoking around 2013-2015. During this time blood tests were done, in fact top clubs have been doing daily/weekly blood tests on players since the mid 2000's to check certain measurements, it didn't stop him.

The discussion one poster mentioned was something along the lines of he feels that Wilshere could have looked after himself better in the past and smoking is definitely something that's not advisable for a professional athlete but it's not exactly the end of the world, it's just a little silly if you want to make marginal gains or be in top condition.

Last edited:

Kash

Arsène FC Supporter
Wilshere was pictured smoking around 2013-2015. During this time blood tests were done, in fact top clubs have been doing daily/weekly blood tests on players since the mid 2000's to check certain measurements, it didn't stop him.

The discussion one poster mentioned was something along the lines of he feels that Wilshere could have looked after himself better in the past and smoking is definitely something that's not advisable for a professional athlete but it's not exactly the end of the world, it's just a little silly if you want to make marginal gains or be in top condition.

Just a vile campaign and innuendo. This fanbase is really toxic. The guy played his heart out and went beyond his physical limits when a teenager. Just vile.

IslingtonBornandbred

Just a vile campaign and innuendo. This fanbase is really toxic. The guy played his heart out and went beyond his physical limits when a teenager. Just vile.

You are having an absolute laugh.

Poster above made a comment that he felt Jack hasn't been as professional as he should have been in the past considering he's been pulled up a number of times for smoking and even the main man Arsène Wenger said it was completely unacceptable and he disagreed with that behaviour. Is Arsène Wenger toxic to say or think that?

Put me on your ignore list with all the others.

Kash

Arsène FC Supporter
You are having an absolute laugh.

Poster above made a comment that he felt Jack hasn't been as professional as he should have been in the past considering he's been pulled up a number of times for smoking and even the main man Arséne Wenger said it was completely unacceptable and he disagreed with that behaviour. Is Arséne Wenger toxic to say or think that?

Put me on your ignore list with all the others.

You have said a lot of things without any basis.

Lies. Innuendo. Slander. Disingenuous. Vile. Toxic. Pathetic

IslingtonBornandbred

As I keep trying to explain to you the poster @Robb0since1966 was just discussing that he felt that Wilshere had made mistakes in the past like for example smoking and having fist fights outside of nightclubs.

In your state of delusion you told him to "give it a rest" and "nobody smokes now, they just vape" like you have some insight into the smoking habits of everybody but I am not sure what you meant by "nobody" because I know plenty of people who smoke tobacco.

You then stated that players have blood tests and nicotine would show up. This is irrelevant. I told you a period between 2013-15 where Wilshere was photographed smoking and in that period he would have been having blood tests. You then accused the fanbase of being toxic because @Robb0since1966 mentioned Wilshere's professionalism and dedication in the past. I then quoted Wenger who stated he wasn't happy with it and it's not the behaviour that he expects from a professional player.

These aren't "Lies. Innuendo. Slander. Disingenuous. Vile. Toxic. Pathetic." They are opinions, truths and facts.

Pick you're argument and fight somewhere else because there is no argument or discussion here, just facts and I won't just sit back and ignore you calling people toxic and vile just because they feel that a professional athlete earning millions of pounds should probably not be smoking in the first place, let alone be photographed smoking outside a nightclub when he was injured.

Wilshere said he made a mistake. Wenger said he wasn't happy with it. But apparently it's vile and toxic to suggest that a player who hasn't kicked on with his development could have been a little more professional and dedicated in earlier years, something he himself has suggested in a recent interview.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐

Seriously, Wilshere getting caught smoking is not exactly a secret, Wenger even criticised him for it.. I don't even agree with those questioning his dedication, but the only thing pathetic here is you attacking others for no good reason..

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
As I keep trying to explain to you the poster @Robb0since1966 was just discussing that he felt that Wilshere had made mistakes in the past like for example smoking and having fist fights outside of nightclubs.

In your state of delusion you told him to "give it a rest" and "nobody smokes now, they just vape" like you have some insight into the smoking habits of everybody but I am not sure what you meant by "nobody" because I know plenty of people who smoke tobacco.

You then stated that players have blood tests and nicotine would show up. This is irrelevant. I told you a period between 2013-15 where Wilshere was photographed smoking and in that period he would have been having blood tests. You then accused the fanbase of being toxic because @Robb0since1966 mentioned Wilshere's professionalism and dedication in the past. I then quoted Wenger who stated he wasn't happy with it and it's not the behaviour that he expects from a professional player.

These aren't "Lies. Innuendo. Slander. Disingenuous. Vile. Toxic. Pathetic." They are opinions, truths and facts.

Pick you're argument and fight somewhere else because there is no argument or discussion here, just facts and I won't just sit back and ignore you calling people toxic and vile just because they feel that a professional athlete earning millions of pounds should probably not be smoking in the first place, let alone be photographed smoking outside a nightclub when he was injured.

Wilshere said he made a mistake. Wenger said he wasn't happy with it. But apparently it's vile and toxic to suggest that a player who hasn't kicked on with his development could have been a little more professional and dedicated in earlier years, something he himself has suggested in a recent interview.

Let it go man. He is just a @GDeep™ wannabe ;)

Kash

Arsène FC Supporter
Seriously, Wilshere getting caught smoking is not exactly a secret, Wenger even criticised him for it.. I don't even agree with those questioning his dedication, but the only thing pathetic here is you attacking others for no good reason..
he got caught once... in a grainy pic....its not like he is a smoker. he was a young lad who was going through a lot and he grew up in the public glare. give the hating a rest...its vile.....its like ghouls forever needing a new body to pour their poison onto.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom