• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jack Wilshere: Where to now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

You kinda forget what a little genius he is. Dribbling, passing range, energy, ability to retain possession under immense pressure, ability to interchange with his players and his over all burning desire to win.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
I watched a brief YT video of him earlier and was still equally shocked at how McNair had clattered into his ankle.
And he wasn't even booked.

Giroud

Established Member
You kinda forget what a little genius he is. Dribbling, passing range, energy, ability to retain possession under immense pressure, ability to interchange with his players and his over all burning desire to win.

He has great attributes but people seem to have forgotten how inconsistent and frustrating he also was prior to his latest injury. I think he thrives under pressure on his football instincts but when given time he often held onto the ball for too long slowing our transitions and ended up running down blind alleys. It's a shame he hasn't been able to iron this stuff out of his game because of injuries.

That's also why I think he is a real attacking player who should play around the opposition box and not a DLP as a lot of people seem to want. For me he thrives on using his instincts under pressure from opponents.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
He has great attributes but people seem to have forgotten how inconsistent and frustrating he also was prior to his latest injury. I think he thrives under pressure on his football instincts but when given time he often held onto the ball for too long slowing our transitions and ended up running down blind alleys. It's a shame he hasn't been able to iron this stuff out of his game because of injuries.

That's also why I think he is a real attacking player who should play around the opposition box and not a DLP as a lot of people seem to want. For me he thrives on using his instincts under pressure from opponents.

Spot on. This thread is a bit of an OTT ****-fest.

He has fantastic ability but he hasn't done anything of note since he broke into the team.

nmn

Watching him play for England, creating chance after chance for Rooney to miss made me think he would suit the deep lying playmaker role much better than as an attacking mid or b2b. His best qualities are his vision and passing range. Partner him with a DM like Coquelin and he can thrive in that role in which there is probably also less risk of injuries as well.

BBF

Counting the days.

DistantVastGuanaco.gif

Wow. A player on the wing who can control a football

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Was quite excited for his return but watching some clips of him he only needs to make one small mistake to be out for months again.

Giroud

Established Member
Watching him play for England, creating chance after chance for Rooney to miss made me think he would suit the deep lying playmaker role much better than as an attacking mid or b2b. His best qualities are his vision and passing range. Partner him with a DM like Coquelin and he can thrive in that role in which there is probably also less risk of injuries as well.

A lot of what he's done for England has been against terrible opposition. And a lot of the time he just stands out among completely average players so I don't think he's exactly thrived in the deep role for England.

He's been fantastic as times as a RW for Arsenal up near the goal where there is little space and he can dribble through tight gaps and link up with others using quick short passes. He also looks dangerous cutting in and using his left foot to shoot on goal and he is the type of player I could see grabbing a fair few goals if he could stay fit.

The games where we've played on the counter against high pressing opponents is when he's thrived from deep (Barcelona 2011 skipping away from tackles and relieving pressure) but most games for Arsenal the player in that role gets lots of time on the ball and for me that is not the place to get the most out of him.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Spot on. This thread is a bit of an OTT ****-fest.

He has fantastic ability but he hasn't done anything of note since he broke into the team.
The year he broke into the team he was probably our 2nd or 3rd best player. He was so good in fact that he was played 49 matches for us including 35 in the league. You want to look at the root cause of his injury problems and it probably begins there. It's actually pretty ludicrous to play a 19 year old midfielder in 49 games. Those were almost all starts and he was rarely subbed. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he was more vulnerable because of being overplayed the prior season when he suffered the initial stress fracture in his ankle.

nmn

A lot of what he's done for England has been against terrible opposition. And a lot of the time he just stands out among completely average players so I don't think he's exactly thrived in the deep role for England.

He's been fantastic as times as a RW for Arsenal up near the goal where there is little space and he can dribble through tight gaps and link up with others using quick short passes. He also looks dangerous cutting in and using his left foot to shoot on goal and he is the type of player I could see grabbing a fair few goals if he could stay fit.

The games where we've played on the counter against high pressing opponents is when he's thrived from deep (Barcelona 2011 skipping away from tackles and relieving pressure) but most games for Arsenal the player in that role gets lots of time on the ball and for me that is not the place to get the most out of him.
No doubt he's a good dribbler and links up great with those 1-2 passes. But, look back at some of his injuries and a lot of them were when he dribbled his way into defenders. For me his best qualities are his vision and passing range, and he can thrive as a DLP. I also think he can retain the ball well and intelligently unlike Ramsey. Playing on the wing shouldn't be the long term solution for him, he's not a winger and in the long term it will deprive him from showing his best assets.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Don't think he will go straight to starting line up. wenger will take is easy with him.

I'm waiting Cazorla return more then Jack honestly.

TheSage

You kinda forget what a liability he is, and remember he can't score for ****e, just exactly what we don't need ... get him fit and sell him quick before the 'glass' shatters again ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom