• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jack Wilshere: Where to now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aevi

Hale End FC
It is hilarious how Jack has turned into a 10 here though. Very talented player but he wasn't really performing the last few seasons even when he was fit.
6 MOTM awards out of 7 games played for England.

Incredible volley vs West Brom, and good game over all.

When he got properly match fit, he was firing on all cylinders.

I know I haven't dived into other seasons with stats here, just took that out of the top of mind.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Jack is going through a Diaby-esque transformation. He is our midfield saviour, just going to slot right in and be what we have needed in there for all these years.

RandyMarsh

Established Member

Putting in MOTM performances for England against dead opposition can't really be held in high regard when talking about his performances over the last few seasons.

I think Wilshere is incredibly talented but like CurryFlavoured said, he hasn't exactly been setting the league on fire with his performances for Arsenal when fit over the past 2 seasons, bar a few brilliant games.

He's still been good but should be doing more when fit imo, but obviously hard to get into full rhythm when he's injured again a month later..

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Every player gets overrated when they're injured. Ramsey is a prime example of that. I think part of Jack's problem is that he's had such long term injuries that it's hard to perform immediately after a long layoff. Each time he came back and was able to get a run of matches he came good but expectedly he was rusty to start with. Plus let's be honest I think a fair number of us are English or of English descent and thus you do feel a bit more connected to an English lad who is a Gooner like you are than you would otherwise.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
Putting in MOTM performances for England against dead opposition can't really be held in high regard when talking about his performances over the last few seasons...
bullshit, he played like pirlo, and the "dead opposition" card cant not be pulled off anymore, they were all good teams.
He was deployed as a DLP (something that we are screaming for) and he did great, he started with us a couple of games and he did great aswell, playing on the right side of the field.
Jack is quality, period.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
He was poor when playing as #10, we saw that when he was fit and pushed into that role by Wenger, around 2014.
As soon as he played deep again for England, everyone was blaming Wenger for playing him in the wrong position.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member

I know I haven't dived into other seasons with stats here, just took that out of the top of mind.
He was playing great for England, not that I care. He wasn't consistent for us over the last 3 years.

RandyMarsh

Established Member
bullshit, he played like pirlo, and the "dead opposition" card cant not be pulled off anymore, they were all good teams.
He was deployed as a DLP (something that we are screaming for) and he did great, he started with us a couple of games and he did great aswell, playing on the right side of the field.
Jack is quality, period.
Played like Pirlo :lol:

I'm not denying Jack's quality. He's our most talented central midfielder. But he hasn't been consistently putting in high quality performances for ARSENAL over the past couple of seasons.

Who cares about putting in MOTM performances against Slovenia ffs. He should be judged on Arsenal performances and the lad should be doing better when fit.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Putting in MOTM performances for England against dead opposition can't really be held in high regard when talking about his performances over the last few seasons.

I think Wilshere is incredibly talented but like CurryFlavoured said, he hasn't exactly been setting the league on fire with his performances for Arsenal when fit over the past 2 seasons, bar a few brilliant games.

He's still been good but should be doing more when fit imo, but obviously hard to get into full rhythm when he's injured again a month later..

Well how is it fair to expect him putting up MoTM performances after coming back from big injury layoffs? He pretty much hit the ground running last May and carried that into the friendlies vs England.

I don't think people are expecting him to come in and dominate the premiership - it's about the qualities he has that our midfield are sorely lacking - first touch, ability to dribble away from a heavy press. He speeds up our play.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Played like Pirlo :lol:

I'm not denying Jack's quality. He's our most talented central midfielder. But he hasn't been consistently putting in high quality performances for ARSENAL over the past couple of seasons.

Who cares about putting in MOTM performances against Slovenia ffs. He should be judged on Arsenal performances and the lad should be doing better when fit.

Come on - you know why that's the case...hard to do it when you're crocked!

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
Don't assume i've got some sort of agenda against Jack, I think he's awesome. I'm just being realistic here and not being blinded by the injury goggles.
without injuries jack would be just like Ramsey an undroppeable player.

Proof

Established Member
Wilshere is not in the same stratosphere with the great Andrea Pirlo.

No Arsenal fan doubts Wilshere's talent, potential, abilities etc. His minutes have to be managed more carefully until he can prove he is sturdy and reliable enough to establish himself week in, week out.

At this point in his career, Wilshere is just a squad player, not an automatic starter, he hasn't earned that status yet. Wenger loves him and always tries to shoehorn him into the side.

say yes

forum master baiter
When I see criticism of Wilshere in this thread:

200.gif

say yes

forum master baiter
He's all some of us are clinging onto, have a heart ffs.

What do you want us to look forward to instead, the summer transfer window?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom