• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jack Wilshere (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mudi

Arsenal transfer news: Juventus target audacious move for Jack Wilshere

Juventus are interested in signing Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere.

Standard Sport understands the Serie A club have sounded out English-based agents to explore through informal channels whether the Gunners would be willing to sell the 22-year-old.

No formal enquiry or offer has yet been made after the suggestion was rejected by manager Arsène Wenger, who earlier this week challenged the midfielder to become a “consistent presence” in the team this season.

It is believed that Wilshere is also happy to remain at Arsenal assuming he holds down a regular starting berth and Juventus are therefore waiting for more encouragement from the Gunners or the player before making an opening bid.

However, their interest remains genuine and they have instructed intermediaries to keep close tabs on Wilshere’s situation.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/arsenal-transfer-news-juventus-target-audacious-move-for-jack-wilshere-9653452.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footbal ... 53452.html</a>

If this means we can swap Wilshere + money for Pogba or Wilshere for Vidal, I wouldn't mind! Otherwise, no fùcking way!!!

Toast

Established Member
tumblr_n3665tVh3r1tw1vhco1_500.gif

tumblr_mbgcixey5w1rd2l87o1_250.gif

tumblr_mopdv4YTZM1ry4933o1_r1_500.gif

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Jack abroad would be ridiculous. Unfounded optimism but AW thinks he might be due a good year, he hasn't had one since 10/11.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
These are the equivalent of the Pogba to Arsenal rumours extremely laughable. In fact sadly they suggest United might sign Vidal.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
he just needs a little bit of polishing, he has shown enough talent

dare I say that his first outings were better than Cescs?

Mudi

Why are people directly against this?

I thought about it and there are legit reasons to sell him at high price:
- He is injury prone
- He has no real position where he outshines. Limited at AMC (Özil, Cazorla, Rosicky and even Ramsey are better at AMC than Wilshere). Limited at B2B (defensive poor, low engine and doesn't run the holes like Ramsey or Diaby). Limited as a defensive midfielder (no explanation needed). The only position he ever shined was when he played as a deeplying midfielder. But then, you need a DM who will sit in front of the 4 and do all the defensive work.
- He is just a squad player and as long as Özil and Ramsey are at Arsenal, he will be a squad player.
- He doesn't show any work attitude to improve significantly.

I think that we (Arsenal fans) overrate him a little bit. Or let me suggest another way, if you could swap Wilshere for Vidal would you do it or not?

scytheavatar

Established Member
Mudi said:
Or let me suggest another way, if you could swap Wilshere for Vidal would you do it or not?

If I could swap Wilshere for Pogba I wouldn't think twice about doing it. Getting Vidal with or without losing Wilshere is something I'll need to be wary off since ultimately the only reason why Juve would be happy to let him go would be if there's something about his knee injury that they aren't letting the rest of the world know.

But as for Wilshere I think his clock with us is ticking, but he certainly deserves 1 more season to prove that he can stay injury free and find a place with us. I still feel that he's like Ramsey in 2012/2013, he just needs that period of good form for everything to click for him.

Buhry

Established Member

Mudi said:
Why are people directly against this?

I thought about it and there are legit reasons to sell him at high price:

Juventus aren't going to pay a high price, they are operating like us in the transfer window pre-Özil, cheap as hell.

Therefore I'd be against this. Also I feel like Wilshere should get at least another season to prove himself, ala Ramsey. I agree that the clock is ticking for him though, he needs to prove himself now. Clearly he has a lot of talent but that might not be enough to make it here if we are stepping up as a club/team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom