• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jack Wilshere (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Not a chance we'll sell, thankfully. Jack, Alex and Aaron are the three players we shouldn't sell no matter how much we get offered - especially with the new rules coming in soon about home grown players.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Wenger is far more loyal than most managers, sometimes perhaps too loyal. The only way Jack leaves Arsenal is if he asks to go. I love Jack as a player, if he stays fit he would be one of our top players. Unfortunately its quite some time since we had a fit and up to speed Wilshere on the pitch.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
Wenger likes to sell at the right time for a good price. Wilshere just hasn't improved since 10/11 and is arguably worse. He doesn't defend nearly enough, keeps losing the ball when he has it and doesn't have end product. Gives you 20 games a season if you're lucky.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
ArsenesNO1Fan said:
Wenger likes to sell at the right time for a good price. Wilshere just hasn't improved since 10/11 and is arguably worse. He doesn't defend nearly enough, keeps losing the ball when he has it and doesn't have end product. Gives you 20 games a season if you're lucky.

He's only just 23, I prefer to give him another season and see if his injury problems continue. tbh I dont see teams queuing up anyway because of his injury problems.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Would only consider selling him for a top class young player like Verrati. I think Jack has world class potential but I'm not sure if he'll reach those levels. It's a nothing rumour anyway but we do have a lot of 'cash cows' in our squad as quality homegrown players are rare these days.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
tap-in said:
ArsenesNO1Fan said:

He's only just 23, I prefer to give him another season and see if his injury problems continue. tbh I dont see teams queuing up anyway because of his injury problems.

Just turned 23 also. I'd give him another 2 seasons if it meant that he developed into a world class talent. Having him in our squad isn't hurting anyone. What hurts the team is when Wenger changes the entire system to suit him. Central midfielders don't need to be world class at the age of 23. They tend to peak around 26 and maintain that level into early 30s. Wilshere still has time on his side and a lot of it at that.

He needs to get a season under his belt without having a major injury and also needs to look at the physical side of his game. He needs to do what Coquelin did, look at his strengths and focus his game on the things he is capable of doing.

His body is not built for 50/50s and crunching tackles. He needs to take that element out of his game completely and concentrate on knicking the ball off the opponent much like Cazorla does. He needs to release the ball quicker and stop inviting the challenge in as he doesn't need to do that to be effective. He has vision and a very good passing range not to mention he can finish. He can drive, but it needs to be at the right moment and he needs to release the ball earlier.

It really isn't rocket science. My concern is that him and Ramsey have mental issues with their game. Physically, I don't think their game can develop anymore. What I mean is that neither of them need to really improve a technical department. It is a tactical issue with both of them and thus a mental one.

Proof

Established Member
Me too. I'd give him another season though. It wouldn't surprise me if someone would offer 40m for him, Wilshere is incredibly overrated.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

If someone offered 40m for Wilshere we would be daft not to accept. All he has is potential which is minimised by his injuries troubles and his off field indescrisions.

At the end of the day Wilshere is a hit part player who doesn't get into the starting line up with everyone fit. But nobody would be daft enough to offer 40 but I'd take anything over 30m

GDeep™

League is very weak
40M isn't alot. 30-40M is a standard price if you're young and have one top season in a big league. Jack hasn't had that yet, but if he does, 30-40M would be a conservative figure.

Bigbludfire

Established Member
You don't sell your own if they're good enough. He's not Liam Brady but he's a good player for our squad.

Some of you lot probably would have sold Parlour if you were in charge ffs.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Parlour was excellent and dependable. Wilshere is largely unproven and a sick note.

Not comparing apples. Wilshere has a large ceiling but that ceiling is similar to his ankles

Bigbludfire

Established Member
That definitely wasn't said whilst he was the same age of Wilshere, who funnily enough only played 20 more games than Jack during the same age. Pretty sure he admitted in an interview that he was barely appreciated during a lot of his career.

I don't get it, fans complain he's not good enough to start but then state he's always injured so he can't start. He's not Diaby, and he isn't seen as a priority to be relied upon. Again he's not world class, he might not even make it anywhere near that level but you don't sell your own if they're good enough to succeed.

Iceman10

Established Member
I don't know about this "you don't sell your own" point, he's not what I would classify as an ambassador for the club right now and I'd also say on the pitch he is too focused on himself as opposed to the team, something AW actually pointed out to him in his younger days. It's not a good justification IMO, every player has a price I think, but still I feel it is better if we keep him and just stick to priorities to complete the jigsaw of the squad more, minimising sell/replace disruption this summer, unless upgrading clear deadwood (sorry to say this but Poldi appears that way right now for example).

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

We sell him and we'll be crying about it a few years down the line when he's destroying us. We won't sell him anyways.

GoonerBoy19

Not with FA's plan of 12 homegrown players in the squad. He just needs to stay fit for 1-2 seasons, his game will improve. Getting injured frequently has stalled his progress.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I will give Wilshere one more season he still young and talented player if he can stay fit for one season i'm sure he'll improve alot.

Bigbludfire

Established Member
I don't know about this "you don't sell your own" point, he's not what I would classify as an ambassador for the club right now and I'd also say on the pitch he is too focused on himself as opposed to the team, something AW actually pointed out to him in his younger days. It's not a good justification IMO, .

Having a homegrown player from your academy, who's actually pretty good and is a Gooner isn't good justification? So what, we're going to sell Wilshere for £30m then sign Pogba for 60m? Is that how it's supposed to go?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom