• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jack Wilshere (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DontPushMe

Buhry said:
Mudi said:
Why are people directly against this?

I thought about it and there are legit reasons to sell him at high price:

Juventus aren't going to pay a high price, they are operating like us in the transfer window pre-Özil, cheap as hell.

Therefore I'd be against this. Also I feel like Wilshere should get at least another season to prove himself, ala Ramsey. I agree that the clock is ticking for him though, he needs to prove himself now. Clearly he has a lot of talent but that might not be enough to make it here if we are stepping up as a club/team.

Well if we bought Vidal we would get to do a medical with him so if there was a knee problem we'd discover it.

If we could get Vidal or pogba coming our way I'd drive wilshere to Turin myself. Good player but not on Ramsey's level and his ideal position is Ramsey's.

Pogba/vidal Ramsey Özil as our 3 midfielders would be best in Europe.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Not happening.

A season or two down the line with little progress maybe but I suspect/hope/pray that is unlikely.

BobP

Memri Fan
<a class="postlink" href="https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2csSPkBEKus" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2csSPkBEKus</a>

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
Not happening Wilshere would go for 40 to 50m to a British club. Although I'd happily give them Wilshere and 20m for Vidal.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
After the transformation that Ramsey had I'm shocked that Wilshere is getting similar treatment. He might not always look great but he is always trying to make things happen, changed the game in the FA Final.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Penn_ said:
After the transformation that Ramsey had I'm shocked that Wilshere is getting similar treatment. He might not always look great but he is always trying to make things happen, changed the game in the FA Final.

Wait for the "it's completely different situations" comments. :roll:

When it isn't really, Ramsey wasn't playing well and was low on confidence, he was also trying too much which meant he lost the ball. You could say all of those things are what's happening with Jack too. Jack's always trying to dribble past absolutely everyone and sometimes his passing decisions are wrong.

Anyways the bottom line is that there's no way we're losing faith with Jack. He's still very much the future of Arsenal.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
Penn_ said:

What happened with Ramsey last season is pretty unusual. More often than not players don't come good. Wilshere did well in the final and at times looks quality. He's very far from the finished product and isn't improving vital parts of his game. He's not fit enough yet, which is 1 factor. He's also making poor decision and positionally is poor.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
ArsenesNO1Fan said:
Penn_ said:

What happened with Ramsey last season is pretty unusual. More often than not players don't come good. Wilshere did well in the final and at times looks quality. He's very far from the finished product and isn't improving vital parts of his game. He's not fit enough yet, which is 1 factor. He's also making poor decision and positionally is poor.

Ramsey was playing well long before last season, he just took it up another level with goals. Wilshere can be hit and miss just like Ramsey use to be. The coaching staff have worked with Wilshere to get him back to a similar weight he was before to help with his movement. I think he'll prove many wrong this season and the comments for him to be sold will look even more stupid then they already do.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
Penn_ said:
ArsenesNO1Fan said:
Penn_ said:

Ramsey was playing well long before last season, he just took it up another level with goals. Wilshere can be hit and miss just like Ramsey use to be. The coaching staff have worked with Wilshere to get him back to a similar weight he was before to help with his movement. I think he'll prove many wrong this season and the comments for him to be sold will look even more stupid then they already do.

Agree, Ramsey was top draw from Jan 2013 onwards but he took it up another level in the new season. Wilshere hasn't had the consistency or all round game.

Wilshere has very good technique but he hasn't pushed on with the other areas of his game. His defensive/positional/tackling is poor as is his workrate/stamina and ball retention whether he's been tackled or just passing it to the opposition. He doesn't offer much end product either, although that improved a little last season.

I hope he pulls it off but he doesn't seem anywhere near as professional, intelligent and hard working as Ramsey. A player who should be the engine of our midfield being caught smoking doesn't fill me with confidence either.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Wilshere was good for his entire debut season. People seem to forget that. Then he missed the entire following season, and now people are making the exact same mistake they did with Ramsey.

Although, to be fair, a straight swap for Pogba, unrealistic as it is, would be a no-brainer.

Shakaking06

Even with Ramsey's revival fresh people still want to flog off Wilshere, unless we get a top talent like Pogba no point in even thinking about him. We are not strapped for cash and for the money we would get for him it , I would rather lose that and put my money on him turning good.

People are also forgetting even post injury Wilshere has put in good performances here and there and shown flashes of brilliance. And he has not had a fully fit season since the initial injury. He's only 22, so I would rather lose the 20-30 mil than risk losing who (IMO still can become the best British midfielder of the last 20 years)

Shakaking06

Penn_ said:
ArsenesNO1Fan said:
Penn_ said:

Ramsey was a key part of the team for the second half of the 2012/13 season. Difference is at that time his contribution was his defensive output as well as shuttling the ball to our more creative players. Then this season he added (read:rediscovered) goals and a lot more creativity. Though this season was a pleasant suprise Ramsey getting playing time not by merit but by Wenger's foresight as well as apparently his hard work in practice was key in him getting to the level he did in 2012/13.
I don't think that is unfair to expect, Wilshere has all the talent in the world. If he puts in the work and gets enough games in the side, under a coach like Wenger he is going to reach a certain level, maybe somewhere like a Cazorla or a Nasri. now whether he explodes like Ramsey and becomes one of the most coveted talents in the world that's up to him but I agree with you it is unlikely that he will reach the Özil,fabregas, Scholes level but then again for that the odds are always against you.

Salieri

index.php

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Jack, if he stays injury free this season, will prove his worth & his detractors wrong. He has all the necessary talent to succeed at the highest level. If he's caught chain smoking in the toilets at London Colney then maybe he'd be traded otherwise this thread is just rhetorical masturbation.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/sport/article1534460.ece" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/spo ... 534460.ece</a>

Never heard of the journalist, doubt Wenger would ever sell him or Jack would want to go so it's unlikely.

I do want to say I love Jack and think he could come good but.... if City were to offer us crazy money which I'm sure they'd have to, I'm talking 40-50M should we accept?

He hasn't really delivered on his early promise and is injury history is extremely dodgy at best. I mean right away we could buy a midfielder like Schneiderlin and play him alongside Coquelin. Or we could even use the money to go after Pogba who I think is home grown because of Utd or any other top tier CM.

Personally I wouldn't but it's interesting. Also credit to redanddread in the post above for predicting yet more trouble with Jack smoking :lol:

GDeep™

League is very weak
Why would City offer a massive fee, which is what it will take, for glass ankles?

No matter how good the player, if injury prone, you lose some shine.

Iceman10

Established Member
100m? More than the likely going price for Pogba?
btw, I don't see AW doing a Pogba in Wilshere out move, in all likelihood he still believes big time in Wilshere which is fine by me because we have Ramsey anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom