• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jack Wilshere (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iceman10

Established Member
Just saying @Bigbludfire that a player being "our own" doesn't mean he is safe from being sold. A simple point, wasn't going any further than that.

I'm not advocating selling him for 30m anyway, as I said above:

"I feel it is better if we keep him and just stick to priorities to complete the jigsaw of the squad more, minimising sell/replace disruption this summer, unless upgrading clear deadwood (sorry to say this but Poldi appears that way right now for example)."

Bigbludfire

Established Member
Oh yeah of course, I wouldn't want any of our players to get complacent tbh. I just feel the tag makes him slightly more valuable.

Livedk

Established Member
I like Wilshere - he is a good option to have, but I would also cash in on him.

Wenger rates him highly - and he shunted Özil out to the left in order to shoehorn Wilshere into our team - for me this is the major reason for our poor start to the season. our track-record with Özil on the left is about as poor as it can be and Wenger is a softy who will revert back to our 4141 - Özil wide - in order to fit in Wilshere, would prefer Wenger didnt have that option.

The Escaped Ape

I can't see us selling him in the next couple of years, but I can imagine Jack deciding to move on at some point. Much I'd love him to retire here, when it comes to it, his loyalty might extend to signing a new contract before moving in order to get us a decent transfer fee. Ah, the modern footballer...

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
Mail reporting Wilshere and Henderson are top City targets and if true you'd have to think Wilshere would be higher up their wishlist.

GDeep™

League is very weak
What do we get out of selling him? Nothing. We lose prestige actually, when your top young English player leaves for a rival.

City can **** off.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Jack going nowhere. but the next season is seriously important for Jack he need to stay 100% fit and prove himself.

Iceman10

Established Member
Jack going nowhere. but the next season is seriously important for Jack he need to stay 100% fit and prove himself.
Have to admit where you are now with him for next season is where I was with him last summer going into this season. Nevertheless we have enough squad depth, ideally with an addition such as Schneiderlin or Kondogbia, to allow more time with his progression seen as a bonus as opposed to being something integral we plan around.

elber82

City hand us £30+mil Wilshere can f-off. One of the most annoying footballers to ever play for the club.

It's no coincidence we started to hit a run of form after Wilshere went down(again) against ManUre.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Man City invested all that money into improving their youth academy, how about they churn out some young English players themselves? Remember their last hot prospect, Michael Johnson?
M-Johnson.jpg

Was once described as England's next star, fell off massively. Retired aged 24, now looking to open up a restaurant of some sort.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
I'd hate to see him sold because I'm still convinced he'll come good, plus the club shouldn't even think about selling a talent like Jack to a rival. No need to help City fill the homegrown quota either.

Iceman10

Established Member
City hand us £30+mil Wilshere can f-off. One of the most annoying footballers to ever play for the club.

It's no coincidence we started to hit a run of form after Wilshere went down(again) against ManUre.
That match against Man United is a toughie regarding Jack because he was just about playing some of his best football in that match (despite the early goal-scoring chance miss). I know what you mean though in accommodating him but there's still a top player in there if he gets things together and has a decent injury-free run.

elber82

You can't sell good English players to your rivals, this isnt Italy.

We don't need the money either.
We'll be weakening City by selling them Jack. I don't give a toss if he's English, I dislike the way he plays, I dislike his attitude and he's not as good as he's hyped up to be. And on top of it all the stumpy little 5hit can't ever seem to stay fit.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Man City invested all that money into improving their youth academy, how about they churn out some young English players themselves? Remember their last hot prospect, Michael Johnson?
M-Johnson.jpg

Was once described as England's next star, fell off massively. Retired aged 24, now looking to open up a restaurant of some sort.
To be fair to City they have had players like Micah Richards, Shaun Wright Phillips, Sturridge and GDeep's boy Joey Barton come out of the academy, but nothing for a while now. All this talk about investing in the academy doesn't take into consideration the fact that arguably their best prospects aren't even English.

Bigbludfire

Established Member
We'll be weakening City by selling them Jack. I don't give a toss if he's English, I dislike the way he plays, I dislike his attitude and he's not as good as he's hyped up to be. And on top of it all the stumpy little 5hit can't ever seem to stay fit.

Do you write on the Dailymail comment section?

For all the money we should not sell our English boy to our English rivals. With new rules coming in we should make them suffer and go through same work we did finding our English players, taking risk, using academy.

scytheavatar

Established Member
What do we get out of selling him? Nothing. We lose prestige actually, when your top young English player leaves for a rival.

City can **** off.

I'm frustrated though, if his ankles don't hold I would take him into some forest with a shotgun.

It's like you said, there might come a point where we admit Wilshere's career could go the same way as Diaby's and we might need to give up expecting his ankles to hold up. If that's the case getting 30 million from him might be a decent bit of business. Also the fact is even if Wilshere's ankles hold up he still has a lot to prove before he can break into our starting XI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom