• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jack Wilshere (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
I can't help feeling sad if it's true he was desperate to stay - we do seem to be shifting slowly but surely from a hard core of true Arsenal lovers to a more mercenary 'only passing through' set of players

inevitable in the modern football world but sad nevertheless

but if we keep Ramsey and make him captain I will feel better about saying goodbye to Jack

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I don't think Wilshere's done enough to demand a starting place and sadly, he doesn't seem to back himself to change Emery's mind.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Yes he want first team football and we can't offer him Torreira Xhaka Ramsey all ahead of him

in a probably three man midfield. Ramsey will surely not play all matches, we don't know how fast Torreira will addapt to the PL.

He would be the first alternative at the moment for all three, we have around 50 games a season. Something like "guaranteed starter" you don't get at Top Clubs.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
in a probably three man midfield. Ramsey will surely not play all matches, we don't know how fast Torreira will addapt to the PL.

He would be the first alternative at the moment for all three, we have around 50 games a season. Something like "guaranteed starter" you don't get at Top Clubs.

I don't think he will. Elneny would be the first alternative for Torreira and AMN for the other two. Jack isn't going to work in a pressing game. He's usually breathing through his arsehole after 60 minutes of a Wenger non-pressing game.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

I think he don't want to be squad player that the reason he want to leave. And we can't offer him first team role

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
I think he don't want to be squad player that the reason he want to leave. And we can't offer him first team role

Depends on the definition of "squad player".
You normally don't have only 11 starters during a whole season, you need at least 14-15 for the first 11 and Wilshere would be one of them.

But surely will not have the guarantee, that he will start every game in the PL. If that's his point, than he has to join West Ham/Palace.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Emery should have just told him that he was a starter and dropped him after he got injured.

Then they'd be stuck paying him £110,000 a week that could go to somebody far more suited to what Emery wants to do. No reason to keep him around based on sentiment. He's a bad choice for a pressing game such as Emery has traditionally employed and really isn't an Arsenal-level player anymore regardless (at least if Arsenal has top 4 ambitions). I'm glad Emery was honest with him. It's the best thing for the club and the best thing for Jack.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Why would he make a decision based on who he supported as a kid? Makes zero sense.
It makes zero sense, you isolating the point regarding West Ham being his boyhood club. It's a combination of factors, which could make West Ham attractive.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
If West Ham had different owners the move would be a no brainer with the stadium, Pellegrini as manager & arguably signing / linked to better players than us this window.

It seems pretty toxic with the trio in charge though.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I can't help feeling sad if it's true he was desperate to stay - we do seem to be shifting slowly but surely from a hard core of true Arsenal lovers to a more mercenary 'only passing through' set of players

inevitable in the modern football world but sad nevertheless

but if we keep Ramsey and make him captain I will feel better about saying goodbye to Jack

You make players love your team and want to stay by winning things. Our classy nature is a bonus

Longy

I'm a Wilshere fan but understand he's not a first teamer.
I'm not a Ramsey fan but he's not a first teamer.

It's why I believe you only keep one.

Xhaka and Torreira as the 2 disciplined midfielders.
Where does Ramsey play ?

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

I'm a Wilshere fan but understand he's not a first teamer.
I'm not a Ramsey fan but he's not a first teamer.

It's why I believe you only keep one.

Xhaka and Torreira as the 2 disciplined midfielders.
Where does Ramsey play ?

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist

But this has traditionally been the formation Emery has used -- a flexible 4-2-3-1 that can become a 4-3-3 with the No. 10 dropping back and a 4-4-2 in the defensive third. But with squad rotation there will be plenty of games for everyone, so every big player doesn't have to be squeezed into the lineup.

Screen_Shot_2018-06-16_at_8.54.58_PM.png

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Where's Ramsey? The team is being built around him (supposedly).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom