• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jack Wilshere: Where to now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MATHEO

No way we're going to rely on Wilshere & Cazorla. No f*cking way.

I dont get it, really !
I think everyone rates Ramsey, Cazorla, and Wilshere over here. I know that the three of them are all injury-prones but what are the odds of them getting ALL injured at the same time? Im pretty sure our 4th choice CM option wouldnt get anymore than 1 or 2 League games if any ..

Improving on them is difficult because they are already class players, any improvement would cost +50-60m when we have other positions to worry about like WC Striker, Improvement on Gibbs assuming one of Kolasinac/Monreal will start as a left CB, and an attacking midfielder because we seriously lack depth in that position as we only have Özil, Alexis and Iwobi who is much of a dip in quality compared to the former two, the three of them compete for 2 positions !

CM should be one of our least priorities at the moment imo

{reed}

Poundland GDeep
I dont get it, really !
I think everyone rates Ramsey, Cazorla, and Wilshere over here. I know that the three of them are all injury-prones but what are the odds of them getting ALL injured at the same time? Im pretty sure our 4th choice CM option wouldnt get anymore than 1 or 2 League games if any ..

Improving on them is difficult because they are already class players, any improvement would cost +50-60m when we have other positions to worry about like WC Striker, Improvement on Gibbs assuming one of Kolasinac/Monreal will start as a left CB, and an attacking midfielder because we seriously lack depth in that position as we only have Özil, Alexis and Iwobi who is much of a dip in quality compared to the former two, the three of them compete for 2 positions !

CM should be one of our least priorities at the moment imo
Cazorla is out until November at best. I rate him, but I think he's probably done like Arteta a few years ago.
Wilshere has barely shown anything in the last 4 years and is recovering from the injury. Tbh I'd rather keep Elneny, who is at least available for 30+ games a season (it's a much more important quality for a squad player than "bossed Xavi & Iniesta 10 years ago", "high ceiling", "young player of the year whenever", "our lad future captain will put an effort", etc.)
So that's it, we have Aaron Ramsey, who's injury-prone and hasn't been very consistent over the last few years, Granit Xhaka, who missed 7 games due to the red cards in the last season, and Coq & Neny as our main backups before the start of the season. One injury/unpurple path/red card - and the quality of our midfield drops dramatically.
Last time when we relied on poor & injury-prone players as our backups Leicester City won the title.

Last edited:

MATHEO

Cazorla is out until November at best. I rate him, but I think he's probably done like Arteta a few years ago.
Wilshere has barely shown anything in the last 4 years and is recovering from the injury. Tbh I'd rather keep Elneny, who is at least available for 30+ games a season (it's a much more important quality for a squad player than "bossed Xavi & Iniesta 10 years ago", "high ceiling", "young player of the year whenever", "our lad future captain will put an effort", etc.)
So that's it, we have Aaron Ramsey, who's injury-prone and hasn't been very consistent over the last few years, Granit Xhaka, who missed 7 games due to the red cards in the last season, and Coq & Neny as our main backups before the start of the season. One injury/unpurple path/red card - and the quality of our midfield drops dramatically.
Last time when we relied on poor & injury-prone players as our backups Leicester City won the title.

Again, you're talking about each player in an individual sense, we all know that they are all injury prone, the question is how likely that Cazorla, Wilshere, and Ramsey ALL be injured at the SAME time ?

Pretty low for me, even if it happens for a game or two, Elneny/Ox arent bad as 4th CM options

Improvement in any position is welcome, but CM is one of the least priorities now

{reed}

Poundland GDeep
Again, you're talking about each player in an individual sense, we all know that they are all injury prone, the question is how likely that Cazorla, Wilshere, and Ramsey ALL be injured at the SAME time ?

Pretty low for me, even if it happens for a game or two, Elneny/Ox arent bad as 4th CM options

Improvement in any position is welcome, but CM is one of the least priorities now
What are you talking about?
Cazorla is already injured and will have been injured until November.
Wilshere is injured as well and nobody knows how long he's going to recover his fitness level. So we have two players who won't be ready for the start of the season already. I'm ok with Xhaka/Ramsey, but Neny, Coq and Ox are poverty midfielders (Ox isn't a midfielder at all). As a result we should pray that Ramsey and Xhaka will stay fit otherwise we're fecked and get a bottom-table level midfield.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I don't see where he fits in. We're not going to play him at the base of a diamond. He can't go box to box and he's not a DM. I don't see him displacing Özil or Xhaka in any formation. He can't play a game a week with a tailor made training programme never mind two. The only point on keeping him is hope but we've been here before...

cloista

He could work in either position in the central 2 in the new formation, but he's not better than Xhaka and Ramsey at either role, so he's cover and an option off the bench for me. If he stays I see Ox going.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Bournemouth resign an ageing Defoe and a young Ake both of whom have made a better impression than JW there-sixteen years apart! It's all a bit weird.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
So Wilshere to miss the start of pre season but likely to be offered a new deal. Or so John Cross says.

He's got us by the ball here tbf, he won't be fit for the start of the season so we can't even flog him. So it's either let him go on a free or next to nothing in January or next summer or give him a deal and try and sell him later if he doesn't come good.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Good news atleast some talk via a dubious source of a new deal again. Had gone quiet.

Of all our injury prone British underachievers its Jack that never lets us down on the pitch. If he stays would back him to break into the first eleven at some point... Must be the weakest from his time at the club which is why I never understood his desire for the loan.

FinnGooner

Established Member
I think everyone rates Ramsey, Cazorla, and Wilshere over here.

I know that the three of them are all injury-prones but what are the odds of them getting ALL injured at the same time?

Improving on them is difficult because they are already class players

No

Very low

No

karl

Just like the whole of the last decade, we still have too many players likely to miss large amounts of the season. If Jack stays, he has to be considered a Diaby. Somewhere around, but only as bonus.

Personally I wouldn't invest a large salary or a squad place, because you need players likely to make an 80% appearance for the year. Also his form last season was nothing to get excited about. Too many injuries probably put doubt in his mind.

Last edited:

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He's got us by the ball here tbf, he won't be fit for the start of the season so we can't even flog him. So it's either let him go on a free or next to nothing in January or next summer or give him a deal and try and sell him later if he doesn't come good.
I disagree that he has the upper hand. No top club is on for him and he faces going into the WC year having not played. He can go for a nominal fee in January but the best he can hope for is a rising Everton. It's going to take peak Iniesta like performances for him to be considered a starter here. In truth,I doubt he'll ever fulfil his potential. He's in Reus/Gundogan territory at all levels.

MATHEO

1.jpg

We seriously lack quality when it comes to our strikers, we lack numbers when it comes to our LWB & AM options, Our DM backup options are mid-table quality (Even though I think that Elneny is underrated and underused), But heck .. some people think we need a CM as one of our top priorities even though we have not 1 not 2 but 3 class options, injury-prone though but they cant be all injured at the same time.

I dont mind a CM, but only after we sign players in 3 or 4 positions above.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
View attachment 1942

We seriously lack quality when it comes to our strikers, we lack numbers when it comes to our LWB & AM options, are DM backup options are mid-table quality (Even though I think that Elneny is underrated and underused), But heck .. some people think we need a CM as one of our top priorities even though we have not 1 not 2 but 3 class options, injury-prone though but they cant be all injured at the same time.

I dont mind a CM, but only after we sign players in 3 or 4 positions above.

The issue is if we lose Alexis. Can the new formations three man attack function without him? He brought an exceptional level of goals, creativity & defensive work rate.

We certainly didn't have a midfield partnership adequate for any two man midfield.

Dammit

19665489_1602591626432073_2848980632985489419_n.jpg

Look who's back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The coach's role is to make the player understand everything that serves the interest of the game. To do this he must speak to the child within each player, to the adolescent he was and the adult he is now. Too often a coach tends only to speak to the adult, issuing commands for performance, for victory, for reflection, to the detriment of the child who is playing for pleasure, living in the present.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom