• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jack Wilshere The Coach

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
So sad to see he's had to retire at 30, massive case of what if with Jack. Incredible talent.

Really nice to see him being given this opportunity to start his coaching career with us though. He belongs here and I hope that he has the same talent at that side of the game. Given that he's still young himself I think it could help him relate more to the lads trying to break through.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Watched his interview. Seems a mixture of excitement about his new chapter tempered by the disappointment of retiring young. Mentioned his core principles as "dominating possession and winning the ball as high up and as quickly as possible" which is basically what I expect him to say tbh so I'm not so much moved by that. Freddie said the same **** too. They're all Wenger disciples - Wilshere probably more than most. Wenger reckons he's got the coaching gene too.

Perhaps where I'm excited is his talk about hunger and whether what he wants will translate to the youngsters we have - a good chunk of whom he's already worked with. Feeling pretty positive about this. Especially excited to see what he does with a talent like Ethan Nwaneri, who's strikingly similar to Wilshere as a player, even down to the left footedness. There's some new faces in the U18/U23 setup who I'm eager to see develop so this will be of significant interest to me this season.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Jack and Per running the youth teams...

images

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Seems a bit of classism at play him in regards to his perceived intellect.

The biggest downside to him was buying into the English bull dog mentality, he never let 50/50s go, which ended in some awful opposition challenges.

Really don’t think the club would give him such a vulnerable and impressionable group if he couldn’t handle it.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Surprised at some of the overreaction to this tbh. Jack's been doing his badges for years now and spent a significant chunk of time in the last year already involved in the academy setup, so most of the current scholars and graduates already know him and his coaching. Per didn't hand him the job just because he's Jack Wilshere. I'm quite eager to see how he takes to this role. U18s is a perfectly fine start to his coaching career.
Should never be surprised at some of the posters on here. If their offline experience is akin to their online one, there is a lot of unresolved trauma there.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Seems a bit of classism at play him in regards to his perceived intellect.

The biggest downside to him was buying into the English bull dog mentality, he never let 50/50s go, which ended in some awful opposition challenges.

Really don’t think the club would give him such a vulnerable and impressionable group if he couldn’t handle it.
Don't think it's classism with Wilshere whatsoever, if anything it's Wilshere himself who's brought certain elements that have nothing to do with football into the discussion about him.

Loved him as a player but he was a complete ***** no two ways about it. "We're English we tackle hard" ffs

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Hmm, no idea how this turns out but he sounds extremely disappointed to have retired from playing at 30, wonder if he will throw himself fully into this and have an extreme desire to succeed as he probably isnt fulfilled with his playing career.

Could be interesting as I imagine the fire will be there, hopefully a positive move but no one really knows the outcome of this.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Just read about the Jack Wilshere news. Very pleased for him, can't complain about an academy legend getting a shot at coaching although obviously I hope he's got this on merit rather jobs for the boys. He always comes across well in interviews to be fair and obviously has love for the club.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Just read about the Jack Wilshere news. Very pleased for him, can't complain about an academy legend getting a shot at coaching although obviously I hope he's got this on merit rather jobs for the boys. He always comes across well in interviews to be fair and obviously has love for the club.

@Macho

Top Bottom