• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jack Wilshere: Where to now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemetoss

He should be playing alongside Coquelin.He's shown us that he can do it in his first season where he played deep alongside Song,infact that's where he's given us the most consistent performances.He'll also be protected from the more physical challenges.
His first season was out of this world,delivering consistently high class performances for 49 games.It was one hell of a debut season.Hope to see him soon.

Last edited:

Nyctophobia

Established Member
He'll need some time to get back into form like any other player, considering how long he's been out I don't expect fireworks right off the bat from him, wouldn't be fair to anyway.

When Jack is on form he is a world-beater though, just want him to stay fit by any means necessary now, the rest will come naturally

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He'll need some time to get back into form like any other player, considering how long he's been out I don't expect fireworks right off the bat from him, wouldn't be fair to anyway.

When Jack is on form he is a world-beater though, just want him to stay fit by any means necessary now, the rest will come naturally
I feel the Euros could be the best pre-season for him.

Gael Clea-show

Counting the days.

DistantVastGuanaco.gif
Great goal!
But this is why I despise the idea of Ramsey and Wilsh playing together.

Its the 60th minute of the game and two of our 3 CM's are in the opposition box while the rest of their team is at the edge of their box. So much counter potential.

We scored so it was great but those two playing together almost always spells a counter goal.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Great goal!
But this is why I despise the idea of Ramsey and Wilsh playing together.

Its the 60th minute of the game and two of our 3 CM's are in the opposition box while the rest of their team is at the edge of their box. So much counter potential.

We scored so it was great but those two playing together almost always spells a counter goal.

Yeah, I think you need to remember that this match was during Arsenal's failed era of playing 4-1-4-1 with either Flamini or Arteta as our only holding mid with Wilshere and Ramsey playing AM, Özil out on the flank, and us not really knowing what Alexis' best position was.

Both Ramsey and Wilshere were in the box during this play because that was their position at the time, but that formation was a tactical disaster.

How they played in a 4-1-4-1 is not indicative of how will play in a 4-2-3-1.

Gael Clea-show

We're all well aware how Wilshere loves to play when he plays in our side (for England, Hodgson has him disciplined, Wenger does not hold him back).

We've always opened ourselves to counters when he plays as he's positionally very poor with us.

He's by far my favourite player, Jack, but there are times when i truly wish he isn't starting games due to our vulnerability to counters.

Add to this, glory hunting Ramsey, who believes his goal scoring is more important over team shape and cohesion, we have quite a mess on our hands.

One or the other I feel.

Coq Wilsh/ Santi

Welbeck Özil Sanchez

Theo

Thats the best team when all are available (Yes, Ramsey won't come close to making it)

Balance is key

I like him on the wings - he dosnt dribble into trouble taking tackles head on to get a freekick - some of his best games has been on the RW for us - Wilshere as first choice RW with campbell as backup and OX as cheerleader or something would be decent enough. Is OX even ahead of Iwobi?

cant see him get the B2B /cmrole. So RW + amc backup it is for Wilshere.

Obv its hard to judge him as a RW since he hasnt played there much - but 6 games 4 goals and one assist when played as RW

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

His haters needs to be prepared for when he returns. He's staying fit, winning us the league, and if he's bothered, the cup as well. Then he's leading England to the semi's at least and he'll be wanted by every top club in Europe come July.

Then he'll sign a new £150k a week deal and laugh at you.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

The amount of times he puts strikers through 1v1 in that video only for them to **** up is ridiculous, absolutely shameful from Rooney and our lot.

Last edited:

amirkat

Established Member
He's one of the 3 players in our squad that understands tempo in our game. One is about to retire and the other is Özil.

I have a love/hate relationship with Wilshere. Amazing in his 5 games a year. The fitness is downright depressing. My problem is ultimately with Wenger, though, who actually relies on him to stay fit every.single.season. and thus wastes an important CM position.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Just wish he could get and stay fit.

Can be a wonderful player for us, for many years.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I like him on the wings - he dosnt dribble into trouble taking tackles head on to get a freekick - some of his best games has been on the RW for us - Wilshere as first choice RW with campbell as backup and OX as cheerleader or something would be decent enough. Is OX even ahead of Iwobi?

cant see him get the B2B /cmrole. So RW + amc backup it is for Wilshere.

Obv its hard to judge him as a RW since he hasnt played there much - but 6 games 4 goals and one assist when played as RW

I like him on the RW too but prefer him in the middle. Having said that, on the RW is the only way to play Wilshere and Ramsey in the same team. Cant wait for him to come back and give Wenger a very pleasurable dilemma.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom