• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jack Wilshere: Where to now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Jack and chambers were the only two players for us that put in decent performces against City.

ksarp

Vermalean, Wilshere...players who fooled fans with their “ hustle “ on the field , yet woeful exposed by time.

Jae

This is why I don't follow any of our players on social media anymore :rolleyes:

"Disappointed to not get 3 points today"
"We'll come back stronger in the next game"
"We have to pick ourselves back up"

Got sick and tired of it, every single one of them posts the same thing over and over again. How about you put your phone down and go kick a ball up against a wall for 5 minutes, might actually do us some good.

FinnGooner

Established Member
I really don't want this guy to be our captain. That whiny post was pathetic and embarrassing. Even during the game he lost the plot at the end because all of his focus was on whining to the ref and trying to win free kicks. Losing your cool doesn't mean you care for the club more than others, it means you're unprofessional and mentally immature. And this is not the first time.

No matter how talented Jack is, I'll take Ramsey any day of the week over him. As a player and as a captain.

I really don't want this guy to be our captain. That whiny post was pathetic and embarrassing. Even during the game he lost the plot at the end because all of his focus was on whining to the ref and trying to win free kicks. Losing your cool doesn't mean you care for the club more than others, it means you're unprofessional and mentally immature. And this is not the first time.

No matter how talented Jack is, I'll take Ramsey any day of the week over him. As a player and as a captain.

Always thought Ramsey was a better choice for captain based on attitude and personality. Don't see Jack as that character despite showing "passion" which usually involves picking fights with opposition players and moaning at the ref. Ramsey's actually much more of a leader and takes responsibility off the pitch much more than fans will give him credit for.

Ramsey's a pitbull. Jack's a chihuahua.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He has talent but I wonder of he'll ever be able to stay fit long enough to command being our fulcrum. The movement I've seen from Iniesta and David Silva just to mention two,give me doubts about him. He had a whole season at Bournemouth and all of this season being carefully managed and still only has moments in games. I don't see him as a captain. His failure to sign on feels calculated to force himself in to the team. Atm,I'd be tempted to withdraw the contract offer and just try something different on the pitch.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
Squad player at best. He needs to occupy Elneny's role in the squad in the future if he wants to stick around. (If we make those top class midfielder signings)

ksarp

There is a lot of sentimentality when it comes to Wilshere. We do need however, need to seperate the chaff from the wheat, he is at best a squad player, passion alone doesn’t cut it at this level. Our British experiment failed.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
There is a lot of sentimentality when it comes to Wilshere. We do need however, need to seperate the chaff from the wheat, he is at best a squad player, passion alone doesn’t cut it at this level. Our British experiment failed.
If we are going to be midtable may as well be with some players from the academy.

The British core failed but so has pretty much every signing since Alexis & some for huge money.

The last report a month ago was Jack taking a paycut & negotiating a more bonus heavy contract which is fair. He may be a squad player at City but 2018 Arsenal arguably our most complete midfielder... which granted is a big issue.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
What's going on with his contract? First it seemed like Wilshere wanted it but wasn't being offered now vice versa.

Disappointing that he hasn't really shown to be a solution to our midfield, had a few great performances but overall he does look more of a squad player now.

Longy

Like him or not the fact is he is our best midfielder.

Xhaka is the one who looks out of place more than anyone and I was a big fan....... at the start.Jack can fill his role easily with another strong disciplined CM/DCM in the 2.

CM - NEW, JACK, Xhaka, Elneny, AMN.
AM/W - Özil, MIKHI, NEW, Ramsey, Iwobi, Neilson.

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

Xhaka is one of the players, with the best positioning at Arsenal. I watched the last game and I wasn't sure what positions Özil, Wilshere and Ramsey were playing at. Özil was playing deeper than Xhaka and Ramsey most of the time,I thought Wilshere was playing in the midfield with Xhaka, while it was Ramsey who was the midfielder at that game and Wilshere the forward. and Auba was alone most of the time. It could be due to Wenger instructions, don't know.

ksarp

If we are going to be midtable may as well be with some players from the academy.

The British core failed but so has pretty much every signing since Alexis & some for huge money.

The last report a month ago was Jack taking a paycut & negotiating a more bonus heavy contract which is fair. He may be a squad player at City but 2018 Arsenal arguably our most complete midfielder... which granted is a big issue.

I don’t know which criteria you use to determine the best midfielder in 2018, but it is definitely not Wilshere. He’s now resorting to picking fights in games to feign passion . I don’t think even a mid table EPL team wants him. His best years are behind him.

ksarp

Xhaka is one of the players, with the best positioning at Arsenal. I watched the last game and I wasn't sure what positions Özil, Wilshere and Ramsey were playing at. Özil was playing deeper than Xhaka and Ramsey most of the time,I thought Wilshere was playing in the midfield with Xhaka, while it was Ramsey who was the midfielder at that game and Wilshere the forward. and Auba was alone most of the time. It could be due to Wenger instructions, don't know.

I am betting on tactical and one which the players don’t agree with.

Divided_Pie

To me it seemed that on offense Ramsey and Xhaka were to be the CM pairing with Wilshere and Özil further up the pitch on the wings. On defense they reverted to a 5-4-1 with Wilshere and Özil dropping back but staying outside. Honestly it seemed to me that Özil was the most focused on keeping that shape defensively out of the four of them, despite him getting the most stick from fans about his defending.

On offense, the problem was that a) Ramsey would get too far up the pitch as he always does, and b) Xhaka seemed to go in to hiding, also further up the pitch, likely because he did not want to get dispossessed by City's pressing.

So then nobody's there to pick up the ball from the back and Arsenal can't get the ball out of their own half. Özil starts dropping deep because the CMs aren't doing their job (to be fair, neither of them are cut out for that job in a match like this) and the positioning is all out of sorts, leaving poor Aubameyang all on his own with no service.

A failure on the part of the players, but moreso on the part of Wenger's tactics for putting all four of those players in uncomfortable roles.

Wilshere should have been back at CM with Elneny - they would have at least had a chance to keep some possession and get the ball out of Arsenal's half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom