• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jack Wilshere: Where to now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom349

None of that is really true.

Really. Watch the game and he see how little he moves off the ball and when the opposition wins the ball back. He doesn't move at all and often takes up valuable space. If he was smart he would be constantly creating space and receiving the ball in more dangerous areas.

Also just watch their second goal. He doesn't hard enough to give Koscienly an easier passing angle then doesn't make any attempt to win the ball back.

infinium

Really. Watch the game and he see how little he moves off the ball and when the opposition wins the ball back. He doesn't move at all and often takes up valuable space. If he was smart he would be constantly creating space and receiving the ball in more dangerous areas.

Also just watch their second goal. He doesn't hard enough to give Koscienly an easier passing angle then doesn't make any attempt to win the ball back.
I wonder if his ankle is actually completely shot.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I don't think he'll stay on the terms offered and I don't think we should offer any more than we have. Bye Jack. I had such high hopes but that was ten years ago.

FinnGooner

Established Member
I'd like to keep Jack as a utility guy but he's nowhere near good enough to be the center piece around whom we should build the team. I doubt he'll settle for a sidekick role so I guess better to start looking for a replacement. I'd prefer to keep Ramsey over Jack anyways if such choice had to be made

MkhiMagic

A rare breed as he's an english footballer who's actually technically good but he seems to lose the midfield battles 75% of the time (usually bullied of the ball) and offers very little end product. If it's between him and Ramsey, I'd start Ramsey every time.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He’s still beating players in the middle. If we had a functioning attack those quick plays that he’s able to play off from it might actually be of use. As it is the ball just gets recycled back to where ever his just come from.

FinnGooner

Established Member
He’s still beating players in the middle. If we had a functioning attack those quick plays that he’s able to play off from it might actually be of use. As it is the ball just gets recycled back to where ever his just come from.

But honestly is he elite in anything else than that? Besides, he often tries to beat players in the middle even at times when the better decision would be to pass the ball quickly. On top of that, he isn't at all efficient in the final third. He has the technique to provide brilliant passes, short and long, so when he does spot runs it looks like he's the man but I'm not convinced he has the footballing IQ to spot those runs and make those passes consistently. In fact, most of the time it's actually quite easy to anticipate what he'll try to do next. His decision making isn't consistently on a required level.

Jae

Wilshere is the least of our problems at the minute, probably the only player on our team that still cares.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Since the first week of Jan Wilshere has been consistently trash. If Elneny gave similar performances fans would have wanted him shipped off to a mid table club. He's living off that hot streak he had in Dec.
the problem is that none of his teammates are rocking it up, either.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
He plays with majority of the fan base beautifully.

Reminds me of Mr. Dench (Frimpong), how fans used to adore his passion, love for the club etc. Got him an extended deal at the club.

c00lguy

Odd, I thought his individual performance was a bit poor. Kept giving away possession.

By the way, why's he not signed yet? He's set to be a free agent in the summer at this rate. This is alarming we can't lose Jack.

HBL

Established Member
Was good today but Ramsey and Xhaka were slightly better.

Hope he stays though, with him and ramsey and hopefully 1-2 midfield signings in the summer we’ll have great squad depth.

nick gould

Odd, I thought his individual performance was a bit poor. Kept giving away possession.

By the way, why's he not signed yet? He's set to be a free agent in the summer at this rate. This is alarming we can't lose Jack.
People cut this guy a lot of slack. For because he is ridiculously talented I demand and expect more from him. I think he is not suited to the 10 role. He doesn’t have enough killer passes or goals for that matter. Today he didn’t even manage a single key pass. He only managed 33 attempted passes and that’s fewer than both Özil and mkhi who were nominal wingers. I know that dribbling uses up more energy than any task Maybe it tires him up. He needs to get on the ball more.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He’s too old now to change but shame he’s so one-footed

He was ok today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom