• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jack Wilshere: Where to now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Well. What a real Arsenal man he's proving to be so far. In his prime and leaving on a free it seems. Worse than RvP or any of the other departures doing this. He could easily sign on and leave for a nominal fee in the summer if necessary. He's used us to get into the England squad so well done Jack. Future captain etc. Yeah right. Withdraw the offer and move on immediately.

HBL

Established Member
Thought he was very good tonight. He was much better when he was picking the ball up in deeper positions rather than the number 10 role.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Well. What a real Arsenal man he's proving to be so far. In his prime and leaving on a free it seems. Worse than RvP or any of the other departures doing this. He could easily sign on and leave for a nominal fee in the summer if necessary. He's used us to get into the England squad so well done Jack. Future captain etc. Yeah right. Withdraw the offer and move on immediately.

Dont agree with any of this. Not worse than any player leaving in a bad way. Why would he sign just to maybe get a fee for us and get alot less money himself in the process? He's been here for His whole career basicly, Hardly been using us. The future captain is the fanbase/media agenda.

Sir, please.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Dont agree with any of this. Not worse than any player leaving in a bad way. Why would he sign just to maybe get a fee for us and get alot less money himself in the process? He's been here for His whole career basicly, Hardly been using us. The future captain is the fanbase/media agenda.

Sir, please.
It's madam and he's had more out of us than we've had out of him. We'll have to agree to disagree.

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel

Sir, please.

Been here his entire career but has barely played for us. I mean he's been making £110K a week while not playing for pretty much 2-3 seasons straight. And whenever he did become fit, we gave him opportunities to play, whether in the team or giving him the loans he wanted. AFC has always treated him great. Most other clubs would have binned him by now.

IslingtonBornandbred

Just for reference we absolutely over played him in 10/11. 49 appearances at his age was a bit ridiculous.

Footballers in the main all think the same way. Same as Ashley Cole, he saw all the French lads getting bigger contracts and thought hang on a second why are they all getting 80,000 a week and I'm being offered 55,000.

Jack's a different situation but if the club really wanted him to stay they'll say here's a fresh start we want to keep you and give him a deal without any clauses i.e an improvement over his current deal but not crazy money. When you start adding in clauses and pay cuts with bonuses you are actually saying we don't want you that much. And that's a decision the club has to make but you can't say we really want to keep a player and then offer him a reduced deal.

I wonder if Welbeck or Ramsey who have all missed large parts of seasons with injuries will be offered the same sort of deal. Jack may have seen other players with injuries continue to sign new contracts and/or pick up big wages and think the club aren't being fair compared to how they've treated other players. I'm also thinking about the large contract offer we offered the Ox.

I think if the club improve the offer slightly it will get done. If they play hardball with him, then he'll take that as an indication he's not wanted and he'll go. I don't blame him and wouldn't hold it against him.

IslingtonBornandbred

It’s best for both parties if he leaves

People need to get over the emotional attachment

Financially, why does it make sense he leaves? 120,000 a week over three years is around 18 million pound. He's an England international. He should all being well play a role at the World Cup. He is technically pretty much one of our only central midfielders who can receive the ball in tight areas and dribble and drive forward.

I don't see who you are going to replace Wilshere with for 18 million over three years. You'd have to pay a fee and wages for a replacement. It makes sense to keep him in my opinion, financially and football wise.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
He just seems a little heavy legged with dribbling. He actually looked sharper in the dribble earlier in the season.

However my feeling is that it's partly due to the amount of leg work he's been putting in. He covered a lot of ground today and covered for Özil on numerous occasions.

Wryer

He just seems a little heavy legged with dribbling. He actually looked sharper in the dribble earlier in the season.

However my feeling is that it's partly due to the amount of leg work he's been putting in. He covered a lot of ground today and covered for Özil on numerous occasions.

He hasn't had regular game time for majority of his career and it's inevitable he starts to weigh down after a while.

Anyway I agree it's better to keep him. It's all about convincing him to accept a variable contract.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I want him to stay. I think he has a more limited ceiling than we thought. Possibly because of injuries but I think he is extremely useful, keeps us going, knows how to up the tempo, loves the club, has fighting spirit....

Gotta keep. But if I'm being honest, If I'm jack, I leave.

FinnGooner

Established Member
If he accepts he will be a utility option in stead of being the go to guy we should definitely keep him. I'd be cool with a slight overpay in wages as well. But we should not build the team around him and we shouldn't make him the captain, imo.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Financially, why does it make sense he leaves? 120,000 a week over three years is around 18 million pound. He's an England international. He should all being well play a role at the World Cup. He is technically pretty much one of our only central midfielders who can receive the ball in tight areas and dribble and drive forward.

I don't see who you are going to replace Wilshere with for 18 million over three years. You'd have to pay a fee and wages for a replacement. It makes sense to keep him in my opinion, financially and football wise.
I here what your saying but we've been here before most notably with Walcott. If we get (or even want) Meyer on a free and he stays fit,we'll save money. It's also no longer about replacing but upgrading so spending more is almost inevitable. I don't see how he'll go to a better club and earn more with guaranteed playing time tbh. As fit "a role" at the WC, he should be a nailed on starter with the talent and competition has but even Southgate won't take that big a risk. I don't know of its about money or playing time with Wilshere but he should back himself yo proves wrong and stop being adverse to competition.

Jojoba

I’ve been saying this since last season when at Bournemouth. I am a big Wilshere fan but this recent one is not exciting for me. I always hoped he would get back to that buzzing full of energy and passion Jack. But he seems so heavy legged, lukewarm, nonchalant, safe play and risk taking is about 10% etc. I can’t stand that type / style of player. Most times during the majority of his recent games you hardly even ever notice that he is on the pitch. Come on Jack, sort it out..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom