• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jack Wilshere: Where to now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Been here his entire career but has barely played for us. I mean he's been making £110K a week while not playing for pretty much 2-3 seasons straight. And whenever he did become fit, we gave him opportunities to play, whether in the team or giving him the loans he wanted. AFC has always treated him great. Most other clubs would have binned him by now.
Yeah, but it's not like Jack has not treated us well over the years. Hard to be mad at a player when he gets injured, not really his fault.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
It's madam and he's had more out of us than we've had out of him. We'll have to agree to disagree.
Isn't that our fault though? not him? I mean it's not like he wanted to get injured. And the salary we agreed to pay, and if he wasn't good enough, why did we keep him? I mean, We have a responsibility to bet or not bet on a player. Can't blame him for our decisions.

Santi's Left Foot

No Longer Sleeping in Theo's bed
Granted it's 50/50 but Jack should stay. I thought he played well last night btw, seems to be improving which is encouraging.

Let's see how he progresses in the next few months. I don't think there's harm in keeping him, his attitude doesn't seem toxic to the dressing room.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Isn't that our fault though? not him? I mean it's not like he wanted to get injured. And the salary we agreed to pay, and if he wasn't good enough, why did we keep him? I mean, We have a responsibility to bet or not bet on a player. Can't blame him for our decisions.
No player likes being injured. The fact remains Wilshere has a poor injury record. My issue is his apparent demand for a top salary having done little to earn it. We kept him and nurtured him and have made what might be considered a fair offer. We bet on him and he seems to be turning the screw on us. He wants more but we shouldn't capitulate. The Walcott banter salary era is hopefully a thing of the past.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
From the Times:
Everton are prepared to pay Jack Wilshere a staggering £8 million signing-on fee to move to Goodison Park this summer. The Arsenal midfield player is available on a free transfer at the end of the season as he has yet to agree a new contract at the Emirates Stadium, and Everton are making an aggressive play for his signature. Wilshere’s preference is to stay at Arsenal despite the prospect of earning far more money elsewhere, but the two parties are not close to an agreement. Arsenal’s opening contract offer to Wilshere involved him accepting a cut in his basic wages to £80,000 a week, although he would have the chance to increase it significantly through bonus and appearance payments.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Undecided

Definitely would keep him but he’s not a starter for me if we buy the reenforcements we need

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
From the Times:
£80,000 a week, although he would have the chance to increase it significantly through bonus and appearance payments.
if this is for real we have no interest in keeping him.
i can see why, but i know the fanbase is going to be angry with this.

if you ask me Im very worried about Ramsey leaving, not so much about Wilshere. I can live without Wilshere.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
If he accepts he will be a utility option in stead of being the go to guy we should definitely keep him. I'd be cool with a slight overpay in wages as well. But we should not build the team around him and we shouldn't make him the captain, imo.
this is also a big factor, he is never going to be a starter for us, he knows that very well.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
I rate both equally, Wilshere is safer on the ball but doesn't possess the dynamism and workrate of Ramsey. Will be gutted to see either of them go. I think its better that Ramsey is the one that makes way as he's got a year remaining on his contract and we can get some money for him whch we can then spend on Doucoure who offers almost everything Ramsey does.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I can't see both Jack and Aaron leaving, that's like Arsène losing his 2 kids. Although it'll be intriguing seeing our midfield move on, this decade the midfield has been waiting for these two to stay fit which is why we haven't bought real top midfielders. We got that clown Xhaka in to supplement Ramsey and we all saw how that went.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
From the Times:
Everton are prepared to pay Jack Wilshere a staggering £8 million signing-on fee to move to Goodison Park this summer. The Arsenal midfield player is available on a free transfer at the end of the season as he has yet to agree a new contract at the Emirates Stadium, and Everton are making an aggressive play for his signature. Wilshere’s preference is to stay at Arsenal despite the prospect of earning far more money elsewhere, but the two parties are not close to an agreement. Arsenal’s opening contract offer to Wilshere involved him accepting a cut in his basic wages to £80,000 a week, although he would have the chance to increase it significantly through bonus and appearance payments.

Such disrespect from Arsenal. Did Rosicky or Arteta get asked to take a pay cut when signing on for another year at the end of their careers?

Going on 2 years of being fit and available but somehow being asked to take loss money to sign on.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Such disrespect from Arsenal. Did Rosicky or Arteta get asked to take a pay cut when signing on for another year at the end of their careers?

Going on 2 years of being fit and available but somehow being asked to take loss money to sign on.
Wilshere isn't a Messi to get automatic 150k/week just because he's fit ffs. 80k (+ bonuses)/week is a fair salary for his status of a squad player.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
I thought when Özil and Mkhi were subbed off against Milan, Wilshere took the responsibility as our main creative outlet on and flourished.

His close control has always been exceptional, but he had some touches on the edge of the Milan penalty area that were fantastic- shielded the ball superbly.

His dink to Rambo which eventually lead to Welbeck’s goal was quality too. His best performance for a few games IMO.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Wilshere isn't a Messi to get automatic 150k/week just because he's fit ffs. 80k (+ bonuses)/week is a fair salary for his status of a squad player.

He's got a point though. Mertsacker, Rosicky, Cazorla all had their contracts extended on the same terms AFAIK despite the club knowing that they'd barely play. Why the differing stance to Jack?

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Its underrated how much he is loved by the fans at the stadium.

Bold move letting Jack go with the falling attendance, slumping into mid-table mediocrity & the high turn over of player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom