• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jack Wilshere: Where to now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
For a player like Jack quick movement and a burst of pace is essential. I think this is part of a reason why he has struggled this season. The ability to do little shimmy and evade a player was such a massive part of his game, so the weight certainly wouldn’t help.

As you say though the increased mass may have played a part in his injury free season.

explosiveness comes from muscles

33year old ripped Cronaldo is probably faster than 21 year old skinny Cronaldo...

Enz__

Anti Antique Abuse
I genuinely shat myself thinking i'd accidentally logged in to someone else's account. Bendtner ffs, never forgave him for that Barca miss. Can't complain too much though, it could have been Santos.

Was that your doing @Aevius ? Just noticed the AAA too ffs :lol:

Stannis

Jack’s contract runs till the 30th of June. he is still (sadly) an arsenal player

If he has been released that’s good for all parties, but there has been no one reliable saying that thus far

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Not blaming Southgate. Wilshere has an injury record as long as my partner’s shopping list, and he had to withdraw from the Holland game in March.

Southgate has to be sure his players are ready to play when called up.

Aevi

Hale End FC
I genuinely shat myself thinking i'd accidentally logged in to someone else's account. Bendtner ffs, never forgave him for that Barca miss. Can't complain too much though, it could have been Santos.

Was that your doing @Aevius ? Just noticed the AAA too ffs :lol:
Yeah it was me, I needed to put a face on you. I picked a random picture, feel free to change it. Or delete it all together if you want.

HappyChap

explosiveness comes from muscles

33year old ripped Cronaldo is probably faster than 21 year old skinny Cronaldo...
Football is not 100m sprint race. For Jack, it was never important to be the fastest guy on the pitch, it was all about quick turns and initial bursts of pace, and you lose with additional muscle mass.
From what I remember, Jack's main problem was his ankle and impact injuries, I can't see how adding muscles would help him with that. Van Persie had problems with ligaments but never added additional mass to his body.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Football is not 100m sprint race. For Jack, it was never important to be the fastest guy on the pitch, it was all about quick turns and initial bursts of pace, and you lose with additional muscle mass.
From what I remember, Jack's main problem was his ankle and impact injuries, I can't see how adding muscles would help him with that. Van Persie had problems with ligaments but never added additional mass to his body.

Listen to yourself
Quick and burst of pace

How is that not explosiveness?

He might have been able to When he was young

But speed is the first thing that goes when you get older
Plus the injuries

We have a new manager ffs dont perpetuate the old guys disregard of the importance of athleticism and proper training

HappyChap

He might have been able to When he was young
Jack is only 26 but he does run like he is 36. To some extent you are right, muscles will give explosiveness, but it will go the other way if you add too much.
In your theory, Jack should be super quick now just because he added muscles, but he's not.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Its a shame really but i think its best to part ways. I doubt he would make it at a top club now, sad but true

say yes

forum master baiter
Not blaming Southgate. Wilshere has an injury record as long as my partner’s shopping list, and he had to withdraw from the Holland game in March.

Southgate has to be sure his players are ready to play when called up.

Not gonna lie, my mind definitely didn’t read shopping list the first time.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I feel bad saying it but I’d be more excited to see a new player/AMN given a shot than for Wilshere to sign.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Technically, he is not contracted with the club anymore. Should this move onto transfer forum?o_O

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

This is a guy who at one stage we could have sold for 20, 30, 40, 50 or 60m and it looks like we are losing him for nothing. That is shocking business.

Carlo Marx

Used to be the Voice of Reason, now raging
This is a guy who at one stage we could have sold for 20, 30, 40, 50 or 60m and it looks like we are losing him for nothing. That is shocking business.
Nah, it's just the curl of the burl. You have to keep faith with players, especially one-clubs with a rare complement of qualities such as Wilshere's, and it reaches a point where a new contract presents unacceptable risks to both parties.

He's going at the right time, and he's an AFC veteran despite his relative youth. Think the club has played its hand correctly; it's just a shame the deck was stacked against us on this occasion.

His problem was staying fit he can’t do that. Then when he can stay fit he didn’t really affect the game imo. I’d rather lose jack and add some his wage to Ramsey tbh. He’s one of us arsenal born and bred so to speak I’m Scottish so ......... but he’s past the stage of improvement he will be one of those players who’s great at a midtable club but no longer at an elite level. He plays like he’s 36 lol we need to rid the club of the deadwood and injury prone guys start a fresh chapter and cazorla wilshere mertesacker etc are relics of the old regime. Arsène was too loyal to guys like these and it’s cost him sorry to say

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Technically, he is not contracted with the club anymore. Should this move onto transfer forum?o_O
Contracts run till June 30th.

This week Premier League teams submit the lists of players they will be keeping in their squads, and the ones they will be releasing.

It will give us a clue if Jack defo being released or contract talk ongoing.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Nah, it's just the curl of the burl. You have to keep faith with players, especially one-clubs with a rare complement of qualities such as Wilshere's, and it reaches a point where a new contract presents unacceptable risks to both parties.

He's going at the right time, and he's an AFC veteran despite his relative youth. Think the club has played its hand correctly; it's just a shame the deck was stacked against us on this occasion.
I think we kept faith plenty. His loan at Bournemouth proved his fitness and at that stage a decision should have been made. We pay him to stay or we take what we can now that he has proven his fitness over a season. Assuming he doesn't sign a new deal a decision based on sentiment has cost the club potentially millions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom