• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jack Wilshere: Where to now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Great if he stays but our midfield needs some reconstruction so I wouldn't feel too bad about him leaving. While Wilshere has somewhat proved his fitness I don't think his proved his quality consistently over the past two seasons.

Gooner n Proud

a.k.a. nasri_8 and Voice of Flamini
Great if he stays but our midfield needs some reconstruction so I wouldn't feel too bad about him leaving. While Wilshere has somewhat proved his fitness I don't think his proved his quality consistently over the past two seasons.

Our poor form has coincided with him in the team.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
That thinking ignores the fact that the more income you make, the more you spend.

Do you think Jack is actually making 85k p/w but spending money as though he's on 85k p.a? Yes he's earning more than most would ever in a lifetime but I can assure you he's spending more than most would ever spend in a lifetime too.
That's his problem though.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Max Meyer will be available for a free this summer too. younger, less injury prone and similar in his style of play compared to Jack. Also will demand less in wages.

Being completely honesty Jack has been pretty average. solid but not special. which is perfect for a squad player, but not a starter.

I do still think he will sign, but his performances have to go up a few notches ala Özil around Nov/Dec if he wants to up his pay package.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
I’m certain he’ll demand what he can get on an open market which means obscene amount considering second tier teams like Everton can pay up over 100k in wages, especially if a player came on a free.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
"He earns more so he spends more".... So what, the poor must feel sorry for him that he has expensive cars, houses, gadgets etc etc etc. My word, the world has lost the plot.

IslingtonBornandbred

"He earns more so he spends more".... So what, the poor must feel sorry for him that he has expensive cars, houses, gadgets etc etc etc. My word, the world has lost the plot.

Think the point GoonerZig was making was that fans expect players to accept whatever deal they get because a weeks wage is way more than most earn in a year. Wilshere obviously would have higher than usual outgoings so he'd also want a better weekly wage if he can get it, especially when his mate Drinkwater is on 120,000 a week and Barkey reportedly on 150,000 a week.

Think his point was spot on to be honest and I don't know what the fuss is about. All he said was Wilshere would have higher outgoings and is a high earner compared to the general public so whilst 80,000 a week to some here is amazing to Wilshere it would just be normal.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Think the point GoonerZig was making was that fans expect players to accept whatever deal they get because a weeks wage is way more than most earn in a year. Wilshere obviously would have higher than usual outgoings so he'd also want a better weekly wage if he can get it, especially when his mate Drinkwater is on 120,000 a week and Barkey reportedly on 150,000 a week.

Think his point was spot on to be honest and I don't know what the fuss is about. All he said was Wilshere would have higher outgoings and is a high earner compared to the general public so whilst 80,000 a week to some here is amazing to Wilshere it would just be normal.
To be fair, neither Barkley nor Drinkwater deserve more than 80K a week...

OSBK

Established Member
Catch 22

We offer Wilshere a big contract and he gets injured and we have diaby all over again.

We offer Wilshere and contract and he turns it down and goes to a top club.

Got no idea what the future holds but in our current position we cannot afford to take chances.

juice man

Can't make his mind up
It’s not a ton of money, he’s been mostly fit for a year and a half now, and if we don’t give it to him, someone else will. Just sign him up and move on.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Some people should learn, that rating players on goals and asssists isn't everything.

I agree for sure

But his starting status doesn't warrant his wage sadly

But we have always had this issue it seems.. .

I cant see any other team willing to risk it thou

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
It’s not a ton of money, he’s been mostly fit for a year and a half now, and if we don’t give it to him, someone else will. Just sign him up and move on.
U really think another team would take the chance?
A mid to lower league team cant afford such a risk

A better team he would lessen his chances of actually playing compared to us

MLS is my bet if he doesn't sign a new contract ... Hed be a super over there

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

It's a difficult one. The heart says he should stay because he's one of us and that's why many want him to succeed. Realistically though he hasn't lived up to the expectations we had of him when he first burst onto the scene. I'd be gutted to see him leave but if the club decided to let him go then I can see where they're coming from.

ksarp

He should test “ free agency”. My money is on no major European club signing him. High risk with low rewards. Let him walk.

Longy

Catch 22

We offer Wilshere (not Wilshere ffs) a big contract and he gets injured and we have diaby all over again.

We offer Wilshere (not Wilshere ffs) and contract and he turns it down and goes to a top club.

Got no idea what the future holds but in our current position we cannot afford to take chances.

I thought there was a ban on this **** ?
It ain't witty, funny or clever anymore mate.....

Wilshere, Wilshere, Wilshere, Wilshere, Wilshere..........

Anyway, Wilshere and Ramsey are connected when it comes to contracts.
Both are high risk in terms of injury
Both take up similar positions on the park
Both expect to be first teamers

It's just that Wilshere contract is up first but I do think Ramsey will eventually be offered something similar next season or once Jack signs.

You only keep one unless you can tie them both down on these contracts.
I just fear that we let Wilshere go and keep Ramsey.

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
First, Jack is not a 20-30m asset, otherwise he would've been sold last summer.

Second, he's not being penalized for being injured, but the reality is that he's very very injury prone. What the club doesnt want is another squaddy on big wages that just sucks up budget that could be used on another player. Not to mention, squad players on big wages are hard to shift.

Finally, Jack just hasn't shown he can be top class. The risk is too high. If anything, I'm surprised they are trying to keep him.

He's got a point though. Mertsacker, Rosicky, Cazorla all had their contracts extended on the same terms AFAIK despite the club knowing that they'd barely play. Why the differing stance to Jack?

Those were terrible decisions andan think the club now realises that now. Especially with the new structure, I suspect we will be more ruthless in our recruitment and with our squad. It's why we shifted Walcott et al

Longy

Can i just ask what is "big wages" these days ?
100k/week for Jack seems on the low side.

50k/week
100k/week
200k/week
300k/week

???

what is a young player getting, eg AMN
what is a bench player getting, eg Elneny
what is a consistent first 11 player getting, eg Xhaka
what is a nailed on first teamer gettin, eg Mikhi
what is a star marquee getting, eg Özil

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
What team would go for Wilshere apart for Everton?
Liverpool? chelsea? Sp**s? united? City?
i dont think so.
If he wants to play for a top club he has to stay with us and accept his squad player level with a squad player salary.
We made the mistake with Walcott because liverpool was pushing, in this case no top club is interested.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Can i just ask what is "big wages" these days ?
100k/week for Jack seems on the low side.

50k/week
100k/week
200k/week
300k/week

???

what is a young player getting, eg AMN
what is a bench player getting, eg Elneny
what is a consistent first 11 player getting, eg Xhaka
what is a nailed on first teamer gettin, eg Mikhi
what is a star marquee getting, eg Özil

Young player eg AMN gets 5k-25k per week

Bench player eg Elneny gets 50k per week

Consistent first 11 player eg Xhaka gets 90k-110k per week

Nailed on first teamer eg Mikhi gets 200k per week

Star marquee getting, eg Özil gets 350k per week

Drinkwater and Barkley are apparently on 90k per week in Chelsea....... they have overpaid for them but still it is hard to argue Wilshere deserves to be paid more than those 2.

Jae

What team would go for Wilshere apart for Everton?
Liverpool? chelsea? Sp**s? united? City?
i dont think so.
If he wants to play for a top club he has to stay with us and accept his squad player level with a squad player salary.

People said that about Ox but look at him now, looks a hell of a lot better than he ever did for us. Wilshere walks into that Liverpool midfield any day of the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom