• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jack Wilshere: Where to now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
People who want Wilshere out should look at the quality he has, we havent got a player in midfield who has his qualities, I still think Jack and Ramsey are the players you want to have in a midfield 3 with one holding.

scytheavatar

Established Member
People said that about Ox but look at him now, looks a hell of a lot better than he ever did for us. Wilshere walks into that Liverpool midfield any day of the week.

No he does not, Chamberlain has looked about the same for Liverpool as he has for us. Often good, sometimes bad, but never reaching the level of being world class. Chamberlain has proven more for us than Wilshere ever has so I don't see how Wilshere walks into the Liverpool midfield.

marting

We are in a great position, Wilshere wants to be here long term and his probably the most influential player in the squad or at the least the one the fans can relate to the most. Sign him up on a deal on big money and risk him getting injured? No

We should be saying to Jack, you can have X amount and stick the rest of the wage (taking him up to what he should be earning) on apperence and benched fees.

So as an example. His probably worth 150k a week, lets him him 100k and say if you make the squad you get 150k, If your injured for more then x amount of time u get just your basic...

Or just pay him the money as 6 months jack is better then 1 years elneny...

Jae

No he does not, Chamberlain has looked about the same for Liverpool as he has for us. Often good, sometimes bad, but never reaching the level of being world class. Chamberlain has proven more for us than Wilshere ever has so I don't see how Wilshere walks into the Liverpool midfield.

Think we'll have to agree to disagree mate, I've watched the majority of the televised Liverpool games this season and although he's had a few anonymous games here and there, overall he's been more consistent and when's he been on form he's been better than he was for us.

He's a snake and I don't for a second think he's "world class" or anything special and he probably never will be - but as much as it pains me to say it, he probably made the right decision leaving us, seems to have grown as a player.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Think we'll have to agree to disagree mate, I've watched the majority of the televised Liverpool games this season and although he's had a few anonymous games here and there, overall he's been more consistent and when's he been on form he's been better than he was for us.

He's a snake and I don't for a second think he's "world class" or anything special and he probably never will be - but as much as it pains me to say it, he probably made the right decision leaving us, seems to have grown as a player.
Liverpool is being carried by their front three and to some extent their style of play, you could play Denilson in there and he'd look a world beater. Coutinho is generally accepted as being world class, but such is the combined strength of their attack that his departure has been barely felt.

Jae

Liverpool is being carried by their front three and to some extent their style of play, you could play Denilson in there and he'd look a world beater. Coutinho is generally accepted as being world class, but such is the combined strength of their attack that his departure has been barely felt.

Sp**s are "carried" by Harry Kane but using that to describe Liverpool's front 3 is a bit of a stretch for me.

They've conceded 7 less goals than us with inferior defenders (with the exception of VVD), but that's not down to the front 3, it's because they have a manager who actually knows how to coach a team and give instruction to his players. Which is why Ox looks better IMO.

Linson

Sp**s are "carried" by Harry Kane but using that to describe Liverpool's front 3 is a bit of a stretch for me.

They've conceded 7 less goals than us with inferior defenders (with the exception of VVD), but that's not down to the front 3, it's because they have a manager who actually knows how to coach a team and give instruction to his players. Which is why Ox looks better IMO.

The Ox leaving is one of the biggest tragedies in our modern game. When he played central midfield he was almost invariably excellent. He didn't want to play right wing. He made it clear he didn't want to play right wing. Wenger's useless management essentially forced him out.

Anyway, back on topic...

samshere

Why so serieuse?

Well then there you have it, its the coaching and the collective pressing style thats making him look better than he is. From what I've seen of him at Liverpool he's still making those small mistakes that made him such a liability at mf with us. Its just that the team cover his issues better.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
So many idiots giving all the blame to Wenger for shockingly average footballers like Ox not performing. The bloke played like a ***** in midfield, but apparently he was always excellent.:lol:

Watched him against United and played like the oaf of a footballer he is. Flogged after an hour for Lallana and Liverpool instantly were better in midfield and between the lines. Shocker.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
People said that about Ox but look at him now, looks a hell of a lot better than he ever did for us. Wilshere walks into that Liverpool midfield any day of the week.
the ox was our most exiting prospect and he was turning not only liverpool`s eyes but also Chelsea`s eyes.
people saying the ox was everton level is deluded.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football

Chamberlain was playing well for us. He was doing what he was asked too.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Saying Chamberlain was always excellent when playing in midfield for us is just wrong. He one very impressive game there against Milan apart from that he was nothing special.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
So many idiots giving all the blame to Wenger for shockingly average footballers like Ox not performing. The bloke played like a ***** in midfield, but apparently he was always excellent.:lol:

Watched him against United and played like the oaf of a footballer he is. Flogged after an hour for Lallana and Liverpool instantly were better in midfield and between the lines. Shocker.

Bro I was reading that post thinking he was taking the piss.

The guy said it's one of the "biggest tragedies in our modern game" and "When he played central midfield he was almost invariably excellent". You would think we sold Cesc Fabregas again and not an even worse version of Walcott.

Ox would've made a great right-back though, I think he would've been a better RB than Bellerin. He's a purely physical player but he had disillusions of grandeur.

Longy

Wilshere, Wilshere, Wilshere.

I'm a big fan.
I fully see the logic in the new contract offer from AFC perspective.
Jack has proved to himself he can stay fit this year. He should have little concern.
I wonder which number he will take, straight swap with Özil ?

He is our captain.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
At least Özil will get his number 10, when Wilshere will not extend his contract.
Something positive at least, so i will wait with my Özil shirt.

But we can't allow to lose him. We don't have alternatives in our midfield and still need at least a CDM in summer without selling midfield players.

Jae

I agree mate, I'm sorry I ever brought him up now :lol: The only reason I mentioned him was to highlight the fact that Wilshere would easily get into Liverpool's first 11. I do think he's looked much better under Klopp at times though! (He's still bang average).

Think we should probably change the subject :lol:

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Wilshere (not Wilshere ffs), Wilshere (not Wilshere ffs), Wilshere (not Wilshere ffs).

I'm a big fan.
I fully see the logic in the new contract offer from AFC perspective.
Jack has proved to himself he can stay fit this year. He should have little concern.
I wonder which number he will take, straight swap with Özil ?

He is our captain.

I can’t even get past your opening paragraph, How to spell Wilshere has surely been settled by now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom