• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jack Wilshere: Where to now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Accirding to some online sites,Wilshere has apparently given the club an ultimatum to make him an acceptable offer or he walks. Wenger has had nothing to do with these negotiations and Wilshere wants him to intervene! Fahmy is standing firm. Who will blink first?

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Accirding to some online sites,Wilshere has apparently given the club an ultimatum to make him an acceptable offer or he walks. Wenger has had nothing to do with these negotiations and Wilshere wants him to intervene! Fahmy is standing firm. Who will blink first?

If this is true I quite like players not being babysat or hiding behind Arsène, he's always been way too nice and loyal to his players. We need someone who can forget sentiment and be a bit more ruthless.

I like Jack very likeable player and fun to watch, but I feel like our midfield could take several steps up and if that means losing Jack then so be it.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
All emotional or footballing factors aside, I'd tie him down, even if it means paying him 20k more a week, just for financial and squad depth reasons. If we let him leave, another at least 20m need to be invested in a guy who takes his squad place. It would be ****ing three CM signings this summer. That's too much and the transfer funds seem to be limited.

scytheavatar

Established Member
All emotional or footballing factors aside, I'd tie him down, even if it means paying him 20k more a week, just for financial and squad depth reasons. If we let him leave, another at least 20m need to be invested in a guy who takes his squad place. It would be ****ing three CM signings this summer. That's too much and the transfer funds seem to be limited.

Sell Ramsey and Xhaka, let Wilshere go. Three in, three out. Not seeing anything wrong with that, our midfielders are not playing at a level that is acceptable (save maybe Ramsey this season but he's not playing at a level that makes him deserve 250k per week).

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
About the only player I care about in this ragtag group of miscreants that occasionally bears a fleeting resemblance to a half decent team.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Why would we have offered him a new contract at the start of the season anyway?

Wasn’t it Wilshere that wanted the loan move aswell? If I were Wenger I’d still be pissed with that.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

The situation with the club is beyond tedious. For a club that champions stability we have very little of it on and off the field. Wenger is going no he is staying Alexis is going/staying etc etc. How as a club can we be adequately prepared when guys who start regularly may or may not be with the club at the end of each window.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
We've made a right bollocks of this. Gave him new contracts and salary raises while he was on the injury table contributing **** all, now that he's on the pitch and putting in some good performances he's offered a wage cut. Not to say that 80k isn't fair for his quality, but the trajectory of his salary while at this club just makes no sense at all, plain stupidity. Who is making these decisions.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
We've made a right bollocks of this. Gave him new contracts and salary raises while he was on the injury table contributing **** all, now that he's on the pitch and putting in some good performances he's offered a wage cut. Not to say that 80k isn't fair for his quality, but the trajectory of his salary while at this club just makes no sense at all, plain stupidity. Who is making these decisions.

I really want both Kroenkes out of our club they are ruining it with a lot of other people at the top, if we want to act like a big club we need to pay like a big club FFS. not like he deserves 300k a week but surely a pay rise should not be a big problem for a player of his quality.

Newchange

Seriously this club is a joke. They already have a strained relationship with the fans why make it worse? Hes a fans favourite whos proved his fitness now and is playing and even captained the side on few occasions. Of all our midfield hes the only one worth keeping in my eyes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom