• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jack Wilshere: Where to now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scytheavatar

Established Member
We've made a right bollocks of this. Gave him new contracts and salary raises while he was on the injury table contributing **** all, now that he's on the pitch and putting in some good performances he's offered a wage cut. Not to say that 80k isn't fair for his quality, but the trajectory of his salary while at this club just makes no sense at all, plain stupidity. Who is making these decisions.

Has Wilshere actually been putting in "good performances?" The game against Milan was probably the only performance from him I would consider "good" since the start of the year......

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Seriously this club is a joke. They already have a strained relationship with the fans why make it worse? Hes a fans favourite whos proved his fitness now and is playing and even captained the side on few occasions. Of all our midfield hes the only one worth keeping in my eyes
he's the nearest we've got to a modern day Tony Adams - I can see him staying at Arsenal for his whole career and being captain for most of it, if he stays fit

that may not be seen as something desirable any more, but the romantic in me would very much like it

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Still cant believe he is 26, coming up to 10 years in the first team (yes, injured for most and a few loans but always talked about) and I'm assuming our longest serving player.

His next 4-6yrs at Arsenal or wherever he may be are so important to define his career, personally if I was him I would be looking at offers from Italy if the big name clubs come in. He could have a late flourish and finish his career strong with a title or two.

The slower pace may help his game as well as keep him fit til the end.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Has Wilshere actually been putting in "good performances?" The game against Milan was probably the only performance from him I would consider "good" since the start of the year......
He was brilliant in both matches against Chelsea. The difference maker imo.

Gegen Pressing

Well the goal posts have moved .
At this point Wenger and Wilshere are now on the exact same boat again.

Win the Europa League and everyone gets a bronze statue outside the Emirates.
Lose and it's : ... Arsexit ...

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
If we'd give Jack his contract at the start of the season the same lot that's whinning now, how we supposedly fvcked up, would be up in arms about how he doesn't deserve it.

Just remember what was popular opinion of him after he came back from Bournemouth. Slow, too bulky, didn't put up the numbers, let him prove his worth with us first etc.

That's exactly what we did. We slowly introduced him back to the first team, and he had to fight for his place. He's a solid starter now, proved he can sustain a run of games without any injuries (2 seasons in a row mind you) and deserves a contract. Nothing wrong with playing a bit of mind games as well, I'm sure he'll get what he wants at Arsenal.

He already played for two mid-table clubs and I'm sure he doesn't really fancy playing for the likes of Everton, Bournemouth when he's in his peak footballing years.

SiMamu

Part time Leeds fan
I'm fairly confident that he'll still sign a new contract. I expect that, in a month or so's time, when he's essentially stayed fit for the entire season, we'll raise our offer and the matter will be resolved.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Nothings changed in 20 years... Still taking for granted our academy products contract wise. At most clubs its the opposite.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Out of the England squad. No news yet on the type of injury but he's been very carefully managed for two seasons so it's a disappointment all round. Surely he has to look at his record and see the clubs's POV. Fahmy in the box seat.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Out of the England squad. No news yet on the type of injury but he's been very carefully managed for two seasons so it's a disappointment all round. Surely he has to look at his record and see the clubs's POV. Fahmy in the box seat.

Out for the match tomorrow, but not out of the squad. Should be fit for next Englands game.

Reactions: Jae

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Southgate said: "Jack felt some tendinopathy in his knee but nothing too serious. There's a good chance he's with us on Saturday. We're hopeful (he play against Italy on Tuesday)"

"He was disappointed to have to pull out of training. But it is something he has managed over a long period of time. It's not something new for him. He's trained well with us this week... he's progressing really well"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom