• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jack Wilshere: Where to now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blaze_of_glory

Old thread is quite old. He's supposedly only a few weeks away, so might as well start a new one

Can update the title when he's actually back. Though, this title is probably going to be appropriate 70% of the time anyway. Always on his way back it seems.

Where will he play? Who will make way? What do we expect from him this year and into the next?

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Great , great title mate . Probably won't play straight away not for long anyways , think Euros is the main target .

Aevi

Hale End FC
Old thread is quite old. He's supposedly only a few weeks away, so might as well start a new one

Can update the title when he's actually back. Though, this title is probably going to be appropriate 70% of the time anyway. Always on his way back it seems.

Where will he play? Who will make way? What do we expect from him this year and into the next?
Believe, you have to.

Gooner n Proud

a.k.a. nasri_8 and Voice of Flamini
I just hope he's realised that in order to gain a consistent run in the team consistently, slight changes and tweaks in his style of play are necessary i.e. running and clattering straight into defenders, basically getting himself injured! The guy needs to be more aware and intelligent yes I want him to use his dribbling ability but he needs to learn when to dribble and when not. Personally I'd like to see him playing deeper next to Coquelin in the long term but Arsène seems to want him on the flanks or as a 10.

Aevi

Hale End FC
As much as it pains me to say it, I hope he doesn't change his style of play, injury-inducing or not.

It is what makes him the great player he is.

blaze_of_glory

Where though? at CM or on the right?

I'm thinking Wenger will try him at CM again, with him and Santi alternating when both fit. Ramsey moving back to the right.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

All these new threads are giving me serious anxiety :lol:

But jacks situation can't get any worse I guess

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Where though? at CM or on the right?

I'm thinking Wenger will try him at CM again, with him and Santi alternating when both fit. Ramsey moving back to the right.
I think he could take any position he gets the chance to take. Certainly CMF. If he gets a chance on the right, he could nail that down too--not that I'd be a fan of having his type on the right, but he's proven he can do very well there. If he got a go at No.10, he could do very well there too, but Wenger wont have the guts to let him stay there. If Özil got injured and Jack was fit, I think he'd be the natural choice there.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I want him at CM, but we played him on the right vs West Brom and I gotta say it worked very well.

He definitely could especially if we have Özil on the pitch as well . With Ramsey and Coquelin in the middle .

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Counting the days.

DistantVastGuanaco.gif

Coolin

Doesn't appreciate the mighty Nacho
I'd stick him in CM. He can also fill in for Özil when the time calls for it.

I just hope he's learnt to release the ball quicker rather than dribbling down blind alleys. That's one thing that used to really get on my nerves.

TorontoGooner76

I think everyone would love to see what Jack could do with a real good extended injury free run in the side. He could play in a number of positions I feel. CM would be great. At the 10 when we want to give Özil a rest. Or imagine Alexis's driving runs from the left and Jack's driving runs from the right?

Hope he can become healthy for a good stretch.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
The imminent return of Jack Wilshere
...to the sick room.

In all seriousness tho, my heart says he'll come in and play enough to help us chase the EPL. You know, just here and there and maybe do well next season.

My head tells that a) he'll have to play more games then planed because of squad injuries. Or b) he'll play well, finish the season in a promising way. Get overplayed at Euros, etc. etc.

I know that B is less plausible is because England isn't the best when it comes to these competitions, but it can happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom