• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jack Wilshere: Where to now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Been one of the positives in the last couple of months but I can;t help but feel I am being suckered into the hype again. Talent is clearly there but can his body last.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
That loan looks bizarre now with how he just slotted back into center midfield. Even Jack didn't sound to favorable about it last week.

If only we kept him here & offered Kante a kings ransom. :drool:

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
That loan looks bizarre now with how he just slotted back into center midfield. Even Jack didn't sound to favorable about it last week.

Surely the game time boosted his confidence. We'd have struggled to give him enough minutes. That loan was so he could figure out what his body has left. If he becomes a mainstay in the team for a few years then I'd deem it a success

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
The fact he should be available for Bournemouth tomorrow is a huge, huge plus.

It’s comforting to know he can sustain impact injuries and shake them off. I feared the worst when he started limping. Good to see him take a knock and recover quickly, contrary to popular belief, his ankles aren’t made of glass.

He needs to keep that diet up. It’s clearly helping him massively.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Surely the game time boosted his confidence. We'd have struggled to give him enough minutes. That loan was so he could figure out what his body has left. If he becomes a mainstay in the team for a few years then I'd deem it a success
Sometimes a step back is the only way to go forward. He has shown great mentality and loyalty to this club the same way we've given him. His confidence is high. Let's hope he possesses that quality to pick up the team when we're down.

karl

The best thing about Wilshere is that he looked like an average player in another team's shirt. Pull on an Arsenal top and he has that close control that only players like Santi possess and he's out of tight spaces when it looks like he should lose the ball. Here's hoping he can keep it up, because there are few things to enjoy this season.

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...
The best thing about Wilshere is that he looked like an average player in another team's shirt. Pull on an Arsenal top and he has that close control that only players like Santi possess and he's out of tight spaces when it looks like he should lose the ball. Here's hoping he can keep it up, because there are few things to enjoy this season.
Turns with the ball on a dime. It's great to watch him when he's on song.

Jojoba

Been one of the positives in the last couple of months but I can;t help but feel I am being suckered into the hype again. Talent is clearly there but can his body last.
I rate Wilshere very highly. I have always said that we should keep him for life on his £80,000 a month even if he is a walking injury. When he is fit and sharp he is such a driving force in our team with his style. But wouldn’t say he is the best. I just like that he has talent and he is arsenal through and through.

The over hype I also don’t ascribe to. I just wish our fans would just be more objective when it comes to our players abilities. It just seems nowadays that there is no objective middle ground, it’s either “This arsenal player is the best in his position in the world and we should be grateful to them at arsenal”, Or “So and so is the worst player in arsenal history, but we deserve him right now because we don’t deserve world class players etc”. Blah blah

No more middle ground, we just seem to latch on to our personal favourite player and then blame all the teams problems our least favourite players. :)

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐

Wasn't it Wilshere who requested it after he panicked being left out of the England squad?

That 1 point off 4th place might have gone differently if he stayed...

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Ramsey's injury was a blessing in so much as it allowed Wilshere a clear space in the team without any debate as to whether he should play over Ramsey.

With Ramsey coming back - and Özil hypothetically signing a new deal - there's a conundrum that we'll have to consider in the long term: do Özil, Ramsey & Wilshere play in the same team? And if so, how? Indeed, do we think Wilshere & Ramsey are good enough to build our midfield around them or is another major midfielder needed?

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...ck-to-bournemouth-as-a-key-figure-for-arsenal

Premier League tracking data reveals a significant increase in intensity from last season, when he drifted in and out of the Bournemouth team and struggled to make an impact. Wilshere has gone from making 46 sprints per 90 minutes in 2016/17 to 56 in the current campaign. His distance covered stats have jumped from 10.7km per 90 minutes to 11km.

"Even when he hasn't got the ball, the positions that he takes just show you how intelligent he is and how well he understands football," said defender Shkodran Mustafi recently. "He has been really playing good football and I am really happy for him because I think he deserves it."

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...source=spotim&utm_medium=spotim_recirculation

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I was going to make a case for @Tir Na Nog on the grounds of his wind ups being undetectable at times. I think he's also worth the benefit of the doubt. Need more evidence. I can name a few off the top of my head that all thought ElNeny was better than Jack. I wont though, because he'll probably break both ankles getting out of bed.
@Tir Na Nog is very subtle. Sometimes I play along just for fun. I remember the exact point he had his ‘fxck this’ moment and decided to start pissing people off. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom