• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jack Wilshere: Where to now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Surely he would be dropped if he didn't keep to the tactical instructions of the manager... I believe it's a tactical decision that he takes up those positions, and Ramsey could adapt given a new manager.

I used to think it was tactical but since Wilshere and Xhaka started playing together neither of them have done what Ramsey does. If it was tactical I think one of those two would take up the same positions Ramsey does but it doesn’t happen. That to me tells me Ramsey does it off his own back.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Özil, Jack, Xhaka, Ramsey
just a straight good ol 4-4-2

both jack and xhaka sit deep

kinda reminicent of the invincibles...

özil the majestic technician but more of a assister then a scorer a la Pires
Ramsey gung ho runner like freddie

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐

Just missing that Vieira type holding it together that would cost 200m now! Get on it Sven.

N

NotAUserName

I used to think it was tactical but since Wilshere and Xhaka started playing together neither of them have done what Ramsey does. If it was tactical I think one of those two would take up the same positions Ramsey does but it doesn’t happen. That to me tells me Ramsey does it off his own back.
It's tactical. There is a video of Henry confirming it. The reason Jack or Granit don't do it is because their style of play is different and their offensive movement is not as good as Aaron's for them to be a goal threat.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
It's tactical. There is a video of Henry confirming it. The reason Jack or Granit don't do it is because their style of play is different and their offensive movement is not as good as Aaron's for them to be a goal threat.

Tactical. :lol: Or just they realize their position is to play in midfield but Ramsey fancy's himself as a some one of a kind 'DLCF', so he goes on a walkabout up field whenever possible.

Last edited:

Jojoba

Robert Pires was a 15 goal a season player on top of being an assister.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I know it's only one game but he could become the odd man out with Wenger's obsession of picking Xhaka no matter how he plays. If he doesn't sign that extension soon i worry he'll decide to leave.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Yeah, Jack is definitely looking like the odd man out, but the smartest solution would be to start Jack over Iwobi.

Jack is definitely a player who thrives in middle, but he's also really effective in the penalty box, and can get into more attacking positions there.

In CM, Ramsey is better at getting into the box because of his runs, but at RW or LW Jack could collect the ball in the box and use his technique to create chances.

Iwobi had a good match today by his standards, but he didn't really create any goalscoring chances.

I'd recommend

GK
Back four
Ramsey-Xhaka
Mkhi-Özil-Jack
PEA

cloista

I think it's between Jack and Rambo as the 'offensive' central midfielder, with Xhaka/El Neny/AMN as the holding midfielder. It's good to have some relative depth now, even if I personally want another more defensive midfield option, and Xhaka addd to that offensive rotation. Jack and Rambo's ability to play further forward is also a blessing.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
I think Ramsey should take Iwobi's position and Jack should take Ramsey's. Ramsey in CM leaves Xhaka isolated. It has been a known issue for a long time. Let him just be an attacking midfielder. Jack gave better support to Xhaka than Ramsey. We can have Elneny and Iwobi as options from bench.

afcb

Id like a dm like Fabinho with wilshere and Ramsey either side of him and Özil and mikhy free just behind pea
And a new cb. A good dm will cost a fortune as there are not that many as will a cb oh and a gk

Longy

definately need a defensive minded midfielder, we really have none, they are all offensive besides elnenny who is kinda neither, just a recycler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom