• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jack Wilshere: Where to now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

"on if those precautions are because of the playing surface…
I don’t know exactly what the pitch is about, but I wanted to rest Jack because he was sick before the game against Sp**s.

Read more at https://www.arsenal.com/news/team-news-wilshere-koscielny-ramsey#0p7XiVH6xLCqYHLY.99

"sick before the game against Sp**s" "sick before the game against Sp**s""sick before the game against Sp**s""sick before the game against Sp**s""sick before the game against Sp**s"..........

Why the hell did we play him against ****Sp**s if he was *ucking Ill before the match..........................

He was pretty decent against Sp**s and Ramsey was injured .

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
His over-reliance in playing with his left leg is sometimes shocking.

Last night, there was a cutback in the box, and the ball slowly passed him by the right side as he was trying to adjust his body to reach with his left.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I thought Laca struggled after 65 minutes but last night was shocking by Wilshere. No excuse unless he was ill. Physically and mentally slow and on the ground too many times for my liking. Roy Keane laid into him calling him the most overrated player in the world. Not the kind of press he needs.

zhaggy

I thought Laca struggled after 65 minutes but last night was shocking by Wilshere. No excuse unless he was ill. Physically and mentally slow and on the ground too many times for my liking. Roy Keane laid into him calling him the most overrated player in the world. Not the kind of press he needs.

He was bad yes, as the rest of the team.
And who the **** cares what keane says.

nick gould

The number 10 role will never suit him. Play him as central midfielder. He really didn't play well today too many off passing
Talented lad but the brains are not fast enough for a number 10. Him wearing the Number 10 jersey is further burdening himself. Be humble and give it to Özil. We will respect you for it.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
His over-reliance in playing with his left leg is sometimes shocking.

Last night, there was a cutback in the box, and the ball slowly passed him by the right side as he was trying to adjust his body to reach with his left.

Özil's the same, as well as most left footed players. Lefties tend to be way more one footed, the only lefty I knew with a good right foot was Van Persie.

I've been saying for ages Wilshere has terrible stamina, everyone seemed to notice Kola and Lacazette's stamina issues but not Jack's.

Longy

As much as people want or think Jack is a #10, he just is not.
He does his best work at CM., full bloody stop.

It's exactly the same for Ramsey but vice versa.

Wenger forever playing with squares and circles.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I love Jack as a player and as an Arsenal man but must admit I'm starting to feel his best is behind him. I accept he was rusty last night but even taking that into account he seemed to be as bad as everyone else on the pitch, nothing there to change the game. Its not the first time I've thought this and wonder how long we can go on thinking he's still world class when clearly he's not.

IslingtonBornandbred

Disagree. From my "at the ground opinion"... (I know you can have different views when you watch on TV vs at the ground) but I thought Wilshere was good. Especially if you consider he was pushed out to the left and right.

In a team with midfielders who struggle to receive the ball in deep areas under pressure i.e Xhaka/Ramsey.....Wilshere was fired a dozen or so dodgy balls and comfortably bought them under control and got the team moving forward. Nothing to write home about but I thought he was good.

On a side note and has little relevance, but he was the only player with the balls to walk close to the Arsenal fans to clap the fans and went over to the side to give a kid his shirt. Others had their back to him and the fans after a brief half hearted clap from 40 meters away.

arsmile

Established Member
feel like we've seen this before:

is put back in the team after injury

plays like messi

gets tired/starts coasting/loses motivation/runs out of ideas

gets in injured again

we're 3/4 of the way through this sequence

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
One of the few players we have that can receive the ball while under pressure, easy to see why Wenger wants him higher even if I’d rather he didn’t.

Aevi

Hale End FC
I feel like something is off or missing; many times he had the ball against City he was hounded and couldn't get away. I felt he lacked the explosiveness he used to have; though he was dribbling I still think he looked significantly slower than those around him. I'm not sure whether this is a short-term issue or a long-term one caused by previous injuries, but I'm worried. I think many of us are growing into the hype of having a fit Wilshere back but I'm doubting whether he'll ever be at the level we expect him to be. If he has lost some of his physical ability and has to play more cautiously to avoid injury, he may not be able to play to the best of his ability anymore. I love Wilshere, but this game was a reminder that we probably shouldn't rely on him to be a starting midfielder. The Meyer rumors make sense to me now, he's of a similar mold but isn't restricted in the same way Jack sadly is.

That said, again, I love Jack. You can always count on him to fight for the club, which seems to be a lot to ask for these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom