• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jaime Gavilán

BigBoss

Would we need him??

<a class="postlink" href="http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=401414&CPID=23&clid=3&lid=&title=Che+hit+problems+over+duo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid ... s+over+duo</a>

Jaded

As a regular La Liga spectator, i'll try to describe Gavilán the best i can. 21 yrs old, plays naturally as a central midfielder but since he is naturally left footed, most of the time he were utilized as a left winger, he have represent Spain in almost all junior level (U-16, U-19, U-20) in which Spain won the European title for the first two, and runners up in U-20.

He's rated very highly by Valencia, but most of the time plays for Valencia B and also plays for the second division team Tenerife in 2004/05 season due to his age and also because Vicente is the first choice LW for Valencia. He was loaned to Getafe last season, and was a revelation by notching 10 assist and 4 goals in his first season with the club. His partnership with Mariano Pernia on the left flank was dubbed as the deadliest in the country with 14 goals and 12 assist comes from left hand position.

He's quick, very agile, good balance but the right word to describe him is Direct. He doesn't dally with ball very long, and he will go forward with the ball with one intention: To get forward. He rarely stop in his dribble because of his tremendous vision, he's able to spot his teammate with only one look. His runs are very dangerous and penetrative. His cross is accurate. His downside is perhaps his physical attribute, he sometimes brushed off rather too easily due to his small physique.

The potential is there, although i rated David Silva higher than him. It will be a major shame if Silva join Sp**s.

James

Established Member
Jaded said:
The potential is there, although i rated David Silva higher than him. It will be a major shame if Silva join Sp**s.
From what i seen last season whilst he was at Celta, Silva looks like a very good prospect, and would be a good signing for them.

Can't say i've really seen anything of Gavilan though.

Jaded

Thats why i say it will be a major shame if he joins the Scums. David Silva is one of Spanish hottest prospect at the current time, but with Vicente and Pablo Aimar already guaranteed as the first choice player, i doubt he will see alot of first team football next season. If he were to join Sp**s and Jol manage to groom him, they got themselves a mighty fine player that will terrorize the EPL like his own backyard.

fabtastic

i think we should get him because he would be good back-up and one for the future

form what people have wrote silva would be better but from what Jaded wrote he would be a very good signing, especially for later on and coming on as a sub making good runs!

i think he would be a good signing, i loked up a little bit more on him, and he scored 4 goals in 29(2)) apperances.
the only down side i can find is that he got 7 yellows and 1 red card in that time!

but Arsène will calm him down and make him even better, should sign him :D !!!

fabtastic

but reyes is a striker and even though we used him on the left last season was ecause of pires but now rosicky is here thats our left side man with cesc and gilberto ( :?: ) in the middle! so it isnt a straight postiton swap if that is what you mean!!! but might be good if we sell reyes but for more than £12, i mean didnt we sign him for around £20!!!

UrbanArts

i'd rather Reyes stays on the wing and RVP plays upfront. Reyes played on the wing from the age of 16 for Sevilla A team and RVP is alot more clinical in front of goal then Reyes.

Let's not forget we have Walcott who is more of a winger then centre forward in my opinion. Signing Gavilan will only hamper his progress.

goonerz49

i'm not gonna lie, i've never seen gavilan before, ive just got one question is he an out & out winger(overmars type) or more of a attacking midfielder (pires,rosicky type)??????

sounds like an attacking midfielder, he likes bombing forward and direct so more attacking i would say but i have also never seen him so i cant really say but from what i havw read i come to that conclusion

junialum

fabtastic said:
but might be good if we sell reyes but for more than £12, i mean didnt we sign him for around £20!!!

We signed him for 10.5 million pounds. It could rise depending on appearances, goals, etc. I doubt it has reach 20 million yet.

Additionally, all this hype that we are going for Ribery seems to darken this rumour.

goonerz49

to be honest if this gavilan is similar to ribery i would 100% rather we bought gavilan for alot less then ribery would cost, then with the saved money go all out a buy a quality CM, ie mascherano

Jaded

goonerz49 said:
i'm not gonna lie, i've never seen gavilan before, ive just got one question is he an out & out winger(overmars type) or more of a attacking midfielder (pires,rosicky type)??????

Like i mention earlier in my post, he's a natural attacking central midfielder (ala Hleb), but since he's a natural left footed, he's utilized as a left winger which suits him better i might add. He's fast and has extremely good vision. Actually, the more i think about it, he does plays alot like Hleb. Good dribbling skill, very direct, good vision, good turn, etc. And his run can slice any defense with such penetrative power.

But seriously he is good, he even make a list of Guillem Balague's future Spanish star alongside Raul Albiol and Jesus Navas.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal is in my blood as well as my heart. I will always, always, always remember you guys. I said I was going to be a Gooner for life and I did not lie because when you are a Gooner, you will always be a Gooner. This club is in my heart and will remain in my heart forever.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom