Jakub Jankto

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Aevius, Mar 10, 2017.

1. Gooner006

Gooner006 Active Member

Considering he signed an extension through 2021 earlier this month, I find it impossible to believe his release clause is just £6m. I don't doubt we're interested, but that figure can't be right.
  2. Jack the lad

Jack the lad Well-Known Member

We should not be against this. Wenger wanted Sidibe, Naby keita, Xhaka, Mpappe and Mustafi last summer. He could not promise Sidibe and keita playing time and Monaco would not sell Mpappe. If we would have got those players, things would surely be a lot better now.
  3. Aevius

Aevius Pro-Rambo Moderator

krackpot likes this.
  4. dashsnow17

dashsnow17 Well-Known Member

I like Jankto a lot, reminds me of an old fashioned lung-busting midfield type.

Where does he fit in though?
  5. dashsnow17

Udinese & Sampdoria are clubs we should be getting friendly with though. They've always got some cracking talent.
    Mark Tobias likes this.
  6. BobP

BobP Favre Fan

Seen the lad, he reminds me of Nedved.
  7. krackpot

krackpot Well-Known Member

he must be something, if you're comparing him to Nedved.
  8. dashsnow17

It's weak sauce I know but links to Jankto have been popping up for quite a while now, which probably indicates that there is at least some interest there. I don't know if it'll happen and I've not watched him really but you hear promising things. He's definitely not the midfield general we need, but seeing as we're focusing on young players with potential he could fit that mould. Looks like he'd play well as LM in a 4-4-2 or maybe as CM in a 4-3-3.

From the Scouted Football Handbook:

"Jakub Jankto is a player with the all-round skill set to perfectly suit the modern game. He displays a clear preference to play from the left side of the central midfielder and in his movements in the attacking phase he strongly resembles the Napoli midfielder Marek Hamšík. Preferring to move forward through the left half-space channel, Jankto is also comfortable drifting out into wide areas or joining the attacking line, although he prefers to make timed runs into space in the penalty area in order to avoid the defence’s marking schemes."
  9. DanDare

DanDare Not interesting enough for a custom title

If he’s a wide midfielder type with high work rate (like Koke?) and talent I’d like that

One step closer to my dream of 442
    How tall is he?
  10. dashsnow17