• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jakub Kiwior: Going Sour For Him?

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Might just let him get settled for the rest of this season, then look to use him from next season on as the pressure is very high at this point in the season.

Would have probably played better next to Gabriel or even Holding, as those are the two most vocal CBs we have and would have helped him better...Saliba has everything and is our most talented defender, but is quite quiet (as he should be really, considering it's his first season in the country and how young he is)

Wouldn't worry about Jakub, think he will be better once he settles from next season on.

Tom Mix

You do not write off a player because he has an indifferent performance in his first game with a changed team. If Tierney had played he might have been better. Zinchenko may bamboozle opponents with his wanderings but the gaps he leaves can also cost us.

It wasn't a disaster of Stepanovian proportions.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
We were 4 up 20 mins to go. Surely last night was the time to taste some first team football? What is the point of just sitting on the bench game in game out. I really doubt he will play Europa league. So we could have a player who won’t play a minute rest of the season

Also Ten Hag has subbed in Maguire atleast 10 times this season. So the idea you can’t sub in a CB makes no sense
Well you were wrong bro he played.
Not the best debut will be interesting to see if he gets the 2nd leg. I think he should.

At the end of the day he was brought in primary for the future & as backup LCB. So as long as he is an upgrade on Pablo Mari that's fine.

He certainly is pace wise.

No run out for Rob Holding last night.
Maybe his lack of pace may mean his days are numbered?

As for Ten Hag subbing Maguire there are probably reasons for that 😁

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Well you were wrong bro he played.
Not the best debut will be interesting to see if he gets the 2nd leg. I think he should.

At the end of the day he was brought in primary for the future & as backup LCB. So as long as he is an upgrade on Pablo Mari that's fine.

He certainly is pace wise.

No run out for Rob Holding last night.
Maybe his lack of pace may mean his days are numbered?

As for Ten Hag subbing Maguire there are probably reasons for that 😁
So he is basically not good enough. I don’t get buying a player for backup if he is clearly a level below. He sound like a Holding where everyone wish he never plays in the league

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
So he is basically not good enough. I don’t get buying a player for backup if he is clearly a level below. He sound like a Holding where everyone wish he never plays

Far too early to say if not good enough!

Obviously a decent player as lots of clubs were looking at him.
He is decent passer & quick so in that respect an upgrade on Mari & Holding.
He certainly fits the Arteta CB profile more than the 2 mentioned.

Could turn out to be a smart buy for a reasonable price. Very few teams have 50m+ 3rd/4th choice CB

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Far too early to say if not good enough!

Obviously a decent player as lots of clubs were looking at him.
He is decent passer & quick so in that respect an upgrade on Mari & Holding.
He certainly fits the Arteta CB profile more than the 2 mentioned.

Could turn out to be a smart buy for a reasonable price. Very few teams have 50m+ 3rd/4th choice CB
That’s the issue we bought a 22 year old for over 20 million and you say even if everything works out he may be good backup. Ideally young inexperienced players don’t make good backups and it’s better to have experienced seasoned pros as back as they can come in not playing and more likely play well. If this guy can’t challenge for a place in a serious way he is waste of money. Is he better than Matip, Maguire, koulibaly, Laporte? These are the guys our rivals bring in when they missing a starter. All of them except Maguire is in heavy rotation.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
That’s the issue we bought a 22 year old for over 20 million and you say even if everything works out he may be good backup. Ideally young inexperienced players don’t make good backups and it’s better to have experienced seasoned pros as back as they can come in not playing and more likely play well. If this guy can’t challenge for a place in a serious way he is waste of money. Is he better than Matip, Maguire, koulibaly, Laporte? These are the guys our rivals bring in when they missing a starter. All of them except Maguire is in heavy rotation.
Well what I will say is that as mentioned before his profile is a good fit.
He is not that inexperienced. He is a full international who played in the WC & regularly in serie a. He certainly needs to adapt to our game. Let's be honest very few defenders are going to take big Gabby's spot at the moment.
Who knows he could challenge in the future?

Its maybe seen as sensible to bring in this type of profile rather than bring in someone around 30 on bigger wages?

Tets obviously wanted a left footed CB with pace & reasonable technical ability.

They are probably not that easy to find regardless of age tbf

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
He looked pretty bad but you can't read too much into a debut. Could have just been nerves and jitters. I don't know how much football he's even played at reserve level since he signed. The passing was quite tidy but the lack of any sort of physical presence was a bit concerning. I couldn't really tell what sort of pace he's working with because he was always out of position and never really got back into it, you could tell the speed of the game was a bit much for him which of course is a concern with players coming from Serie A. Far too early to write him off but seems like a guy who will have some real growing pains which hopefully take place in the league cup next season rather than anywhere meaningful.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

He looked pretty bad but you can't read too much into a debut. Could have just been nerves and jitters. I don't know how much football he's even played at reserve level since he signed. The passing was quite tidy but the lack of any sort of physical presence was a bit concerning. I couldn't really tell what sort of pace he's working with because he was always out of position and never really got back into it, you could tell the speed of the game was a bit much for him which of course is a concern with players coming from Serie A. Far too early to write him off but seems like a guy who will have some real growing pains which hopefully take place in the league cup next season rather than anywhere meaningful.
Playing next to Zinchenko doesn’t help who is never there

Gunner D

Coronavirus Truther; ex. Gunner boy dd
Can’t forgive him for closing his eyes and ducking from a corner. Absolutely pathetic. Looked scared out there.

benjamin86

Established Member
The outrage here is out of this world lmao.
I wonder if there's a big crossover between the people here saying Kiwior isn't good enough and those that said Gabriel, Ødegaard, Ramsdale, White etc weren't good enough. There are some proper wallies in this forum. :lol:

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Long term players can get minutes. The treatment reminds me of Marquinhos and we know why he never left the bench. Because he was not PL level. It could very well be he is not as good as we thought.
Missed the game but seems Rasmi was right again?

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
He's an excellent passer from what I've seen yesterday. Not sure defensively. But if he gets a bit better defensively and gets some more minutes he could become great.

Playing in such a high line and with new team/tactics surely takes a bit of time at least. Bit early to write him off.

FYI

Arsenal Quotes

We lacked a little bit of sharpness

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom