• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

James Maddison

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
For the record I am a fan and I was fine with 50 mil- 60 at a push.

70+ I'd be tempted to just wing it with the current lot, it's not that deep and he's not taking us to Europe on his own, otherwise Leicester would be in Champions league.
If it was up to me I would give them that money for Tielemans or sign Phillips. Then go out and try to sign Nkunku/Ødegaard for AM. So Nkunku/Ødegaard and Phillips instead of Maddison and Neves for example. Would cost around the same.

But saying that there aren’t much CMs out there so if we’re spending the money then may as well sign Maddison

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Arsenal fans acting like they are paying for the player. Let Stan sell one of his kiddy Ranch’s and give us Maddi.
You’re missing the point aren’t you. It’s about management of our budget. We aren’t Manchester City or Chelsea.

70m on Maddison potentially damages our other signings. That’s why there’s concern.

GDeep™

League is very weak
You’re missing the point aren’t you. It’s about management of our budget. We aren’t Manchester City or Chelsea.

70m on Maddison damages our other signings.
How? The Xhaka fee will fund his replacement. Someone like Neves most likely.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

We're only paying 1 game a week I'm sure we aren't going to spend 70M + 200k wages on a guy to give ESR competition.

Just let ESR make this season his.

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

When Elneny is going to be your starting midfielder surely we can't be thinking of spending 70M on one player when we've also just given our youngster 80k a week to play the same position?

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Arsenal fans acting like they are paying for the player. Let Stan sell one of his kiddy Ranch’s and give us Maddi.
For me it's more for the player himself and the media, I'd never lose sleep over what Arsenal spend.

I see Haaland come out recently and say he hopes the fee's bandied about for him are not true. Seeing how the fanbase are with Pepe and probably with White, I'd rather we didn't make huge signings if we could help it.

I've said what you said many times though so I do agree.

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

People need to get top 4 our their heads. Chelsea, Liverpool, City and United are miles off, they will all be in a title race.

Top Bottom