• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

James Maddison

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
No, he's not?

Except for David, whom I respect, there is no one with a good record I really trust.
And David leaves it for almost everyone to know about it.

I'd have the AFCBell as another joke ITK and maybe his information really just ended with Partey and Partey only.
But giving him some credit based on that one alone and his insistence on it, if he's just got slightly more insight in general, he's by far our best source.

I've never seen so much intel on a deal as the Bell offered with Partey.
I give him some leeway for that matter.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Except for David, whom I respect, there is no one with a good record I really trust.
And David leaves it for almost everyone to know about it.

I'd have the AFCBell as another joke ITK and maybe his information really just ended with Partey and Partey only.
But giving him some credit based on that one alone and his insistence on it, if he's just got slightly more insight in general, he's by far our best source.

I've never seen so much intel on a deal as the Bell offered with Partey.
I give him some leeway for that matter.

He's just another Dean who had good info for Cazorla and nothing else afterwards.

He'll continue to be so until proven otherwise.

SlyFox

Bell is the most reliable source we have.
He’s clearly full of ****.

Knows Arsenal want Maddison, knows Maddison wants to come, knows how much he’ll earn, knows what shirt he’ll get… but for some reason has to ask a make believe Norwich contact about a sell on clause… because the Arsenal contact wouldn’t know that bit?

They wouldn’t say an exact amount, but then said 10-15%, which you can google in a minute. And is pretty exact.

Oh and don’t forget others will deny it, and it might not happen. So he can’t be wrong.

Textbook bullshit.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
People really think Ødegaard is the number one target just because Ornstein said it? Get in the bin. If he was the number one we would've gone for him by now.

Maddison is the more expensive player he is the main target. We will do the deal if its not too expensive. Which I assume will be £50M plus maybe AMN or add ons.

Goonger

He’s clearly full of ****.

Knows Arsenal want Maddison, knows Maddison wants to come, knows how much he’ll earn, knows what shirt he’ll get… but for some reason has to ask a make believe Norwich contact about a sell on clause… because the Arsenal contact wouldn’t know that bit?

They wouldn’t say an exact amount, but then said 10-15%, which you can google in a minute. And is pretty exact.

Oh and don’t forget others will deny it, and it might not happen. So he can’t be wrong.

Textbook bullshit.

What don't you think is accurate can I ask? Our interest in Maddison? That you would sell at a high fee? That he would be open to come if we agreed a fee?

Anders Harbo

Angry Scandinavian #6
People really think Ødegaard is the number one target just because Ornstein said it? Get in the bin. If he was the number one we would've gone for him by now.

Maddison is the more expensive player he is the main target. We will do the deal if its not too expensive. Which I assume will be £50M plus maybe AMN or add ons.
When did he say that?

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐

Quizzed on his plans for Ødegaard after seeing Arsenal miss out on European qualification, the Gunners boss told reporters: "We have a very clear and strong opinion on what we’d like to do.

"He’s not our player, we will have discussions in the next few weeks. We respect he’s a Real Madrid player and will have those communications.

"We’ve tried to make everything that we could to get Martin performing for the team, which I think he’s done, and he’s adapted really well to our way of playing and our football club.

"Hopefully, we have given him the hope and the feeling that this could be a good place for him here."

Pressed further on whether he is confident that a deal can be done, Arteta added: "I don’t know, it’s not in our hands."

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Quizzed on his plans for Ødegaard after seeing Arsenal miss out on European qualification, the Gunners boss told reporters: "We have a very clear and strong opinion on what we’d like to do.

"He’s not our player, we will have discussions in the next few weeks. We respect he’s a Real Madrid player and will have those communications.

"We’ve tried to make everything that we could to get Martin performing for the team, which I think he’s done, and he’s adapted really well to our way of playing and our football club.

"Hopefully, we have given him the hope and the feeling that this could be a good place for him here."

Pressed further on whether he is confident that a deal can be done, Arteta added: "I don’t know, it’s not in our hands."

So him saying I don't know now means he's our main target? We've been told by multiple people Maddison is the number one target right now. That's facts.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli

Not even in Arabic

tenor.gif

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I called it last summer with the Partey/Aouar cases. Its so easy to see what will happen based on what the Bell is saying.

1. We go for Maddison, they ask for £80M, wont budge, we move on and get Ødegaard.
  2. We go for Maddison, we negotiate with Leicester who are happy to do so, we sign Maddison for around a total of £60M. Or maybe even a player plus £50M. They also asked for £70M for Chillwell and Chelsea managed to negotiate it down. There's also more reasons for Leicester to sell Maddison than Maguire/Chilwell.
That's how it'll play out, the number one target is Madders, we'll see if we can do something that isn't ridiculous, if not we will get Ødegaard and probably splash out on a striker.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
So him saying I don't know now means he's our main target? We've been told by multiple people Maddison is the number one target right now. That's facts.

He speaks about wanting to sign him and having conversations with Real about it. He says he hopes they’ve convinced him the club is right place for him. He says he doesn’t know if they can get a deal done, meaning he doesn’t know if they’ve convinced the player or if Real will agree to it.

Those quotes make it as clear as day he was/is the main target. Anyone who can’t see that is just blinded by the thought of signing Maddison.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

If Ødegaard wants to come, I think we'll sign him. Maddison will be a good bit more expensive, and I think Leicester will be a tougher partner to negotiate with than Real Madrid.

Both those signings do not solve our central midfield however. I would imagine Xhaka will go eventually. Elneny is obviously not good enough. It is a big ask to play Lokonga as a first team player already. We need someone in.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
He speaks about wanting to sign him and having conversations with Real about it. He says he hopes they’ve convinced him the club is right place for him. He says he doesn’t know if they can get a deal done, meaning he doesn’t know if they’ve convinced the player or if Real will agree to it.

Those quotes make it as clear as day he was/is the main target. Anyone who can’t see that is just blinded by the thought of signing Maddison.

So you're telling me that the clubs plans wouldn't have changed after seeing Maddison could be available? Come on man you're a smart dude. What date did Arteta say those quotes? How long ago are we talking. Because Bell said we've been after Maddison for a couple of months now.

Top Bottom