There aren’t any recent examples of prem teams selling abroad for significant amounts. Italy and Spain are broke, we’re looking to sell dross in a market with no money, terrible recipe. The main priority is to make sure we get good money for the academy graduates we don’t want, that’s where the money is, the rest need to be sold or shot.Why is it that nobody will pay much for our players, if at all, but we’re paying over the odds for players we want. How useless is our management?
There aren’t any recent examples of prem teams selling abroad for significant amounts. Italy and Spain are broke, we’re looking to sell dross in a market with no money, terrible recipe. The main priority is to make sure we get good money for the academy graduates we don’t want, that’s where the money is, the rest need to be sold or shot.
By the end of next season, I think we'll be able to add Lokonga and Ben to the positives list.His first summer was last summer no?
Lets look at the positives and negatives of his time here.
- Managed to sign up every single youngster worth keeping including Balogun which was a brilliant U turn. Contract for Saka, Martinelli and ESR during our toughest period is huge.
- Concluded a deal for Gabriel and persuaded Partey to join, two key figures for the coming seasons.
- Made some astute signings in Mari, Lokonga and Tavares thus far.
- Cleared most of the crap that had been left behind by old regimes. Probably around 80% there in that regard.
- Managed to tie Tierney down to a new deal, huge. Edu has dealt with contracts impeccably.
- Every single starter signing we've either purchased or are going for cash signings wise are excellent. Very impressed by this, we aren't targeting any real dross for money signings. You are of course bound to get one or two flops soon though.
Now the negatives -
- The length of the Willian deal is poor, nothing else to say on that.
- Cedric, despite being a nice player to have in the squad as backup, is on fairly high wages. No fee for the player balances it out, but makes him impossible to get rid of in the future.
- Signing Runarrsson was poor, but he was peanuts, not every signing will work out.
People don't give him enough credit, everyone in that position will make mistakes, every single club in world football makes bad signings as well. Especially during a rebuild. But he's using our cash for signings very wisely and very well so far.
@Makingtrax will tell you that this is worse than signing Mustafi, Xhaka and Perez for over £80M though all on at least 80k a week.
You don’t want him, he’s a cast off. If he’s not good enough for you, why on earth would he be good enough for us? The only interest we had was when we had half our team out injured.Ainsley was capped by England last year and if he wasn’t frozen out by Arteta, he might’ve made a case for the tournament. Hardly a cast off, mate.
It’s quite simple, I mean the information is all there. He can be a good player, but he’s struggled with injuries and been below par for a lot of the last two seasons.You wrote about 50 posts in the James Maddison thread on an Arsenal forum trying to convince people that one of your main players is not actually that great of a player and would never be leaving to a club that is past it and could actually never afford him because your club is asking £70m for a player they don’t rate?
Why? I mean, it’s nothing personal as its not just you, but it’s always fans from small clubs signing up to our forum writing exactly those same posts but in their specific player transfer thread. I never understood it.