• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

James Maddison

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
If the offer was cash plus a player we didn't want. We could have done this earlier in the window.

Leicester have a history of stringing clubs along. Imagine they do that and we don't get him.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
I literally put something in brackets after that statement saying ‘that’s a whole other issue’ but yes ignore that.

My comment was replying to your topic on stats. But clearly you have nothing to say back on the matter lmao.
I wasn't ignoring anything. Fine his injuries affect his stats. Does that make him worth 70mil? Do we spend 70mil and hope he doesnt get injured when those previous seasons suggest otherwise? Bare in mind this is Arsenal.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
I've said it many times but I will say it again. Since the last TV deal there is no value within the Premiership. People go on about Liverpool signing Mane, Henderson etc. but those days are gone.

You either have to suck it up, quit moaning and pay almost double what the player is worth or take the risk on an equally talented player who may not settle in England for half the price.
Or shop the Championship and SPL. But yeah you are right. Relegation teams sometimes have some bargains going but Ramsdale shows that even that is not a given.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
AMN didn't have a say in it, Arsenal sent him to West Brom as Allardyce promised he would get game time.
Well I can understand that after Lucas T went to Athleti and hardly played.
Its important that loan players get game time for either their development to return or put them in the 'shop window'.
Unfortunately AMN didnt really do enough to impress at WBA.
That may be because he was in a poor side or is simply not good enough?

I think £65m would be about right for Maddison.
But by paying 50m for White it has skewed things somewhat.

Preacher

Always Crying
We should offer Arteta, maybe Rodgers needs new no.2 :lol:

These cash + players deals works only in Serie A. We are wasting everybody time with these offers.

Goonger

AMN didn't have a say in it, Arsenal sent him to West Brom as Allardyce promised he would get game time.

If I remember right, Maitland-Niles wanted to go to Leicester, but we didn't want to let him go to a top 6 rival (jokes).

We preferred Southampton but he wasn't keen, & West Brom offered him games in midfield so he chose them.

TornadoTed

Established Member
Still not sure about this price tag for Maddison... We might be able to get both Renato Sanchez and Aouar for that fee. I understand Maddison is HG but still 70M£ is no joke.
It isn't a joke though, it's 'inside the Premiership' tax and it's been like this for a few years now. A few recent direct comparisons I can think of off the top of my head,

Tierney £25m - Chilwell £50m
Gabriel £22m - White £50m
Sane £27m - Mahrez £60m
Havertz £71m - Grealish £100m
Sessegnon £25m - Wan Bissaka £50m

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Are Arsenal going to spend £300 million to 'Catch up'?.....
Or are they only going to get back to the top 4 by investing smartly, and taking the Leicester approach?

We've already invested smartly. People just completely overlook it. Lokonga is a signing Leicester would make. Same as Tavares. ESR and Saka are smart "FREE" players from the academy. We need to now compliment these guys with bigger signings.

ProspectFox

Too full of himself
We've already invested smartly. People just completely overlook it. Lokonga is a signing Leicester would make. Same as Tavares. ESR and Saka are smart "FREE" players from the academy. We need to now compliment these guys with bigger signings.

Maybe we would consider Lokonga and Tavares if we needed signings there.....But with Luke Thomas and James Justin, Tavares doesn't get a look in.

What role does Lokonga play, guessing he is an anchor man?

Goonger

Maybe we would consider Lokonga and Tavares if we needed signings there.....But with Luke Thomas and James Justin, Tavares doesn't get a look in.

Don't think he's talking about those players specifically, just their profile really. Young, athletic, good raw materials for a coach to work with.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

When’s Justin back? Guy was a legend in Fantasy before his knee injury.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

It isn't a joke though, it's 'inside the Premiership' tax and it's been like this for a few years now. A few recent direct comparisons I can think of off the top of my head,

Tierney £25m - Chilwell £50m
Gabriel £22m - White £50m
Sane £27m - Mahrez £60m
Havertz £71m - Grealish £100m
Sessegnon £25m - Wan Bissaka £50m
Just a notion, if you make comparisons, you should have similar contract lenghts for the compared players. A player with 1 year contract left will cost a lot less than a player with 2 years or more.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom