• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

James Maddison

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Sadly it looks like this could actually happen.

Ngl the thought of giving Leicester over 70M kinda sickens me.
We paid 70m plus for Pépé who was a bigger gamble. If Maddison is over his hip injury (and hopefully any medical will focus on it) he is much less of a gamble. We need players giving it their all this season. With the world cup on the horizon and him being very close to the squad last time he will be going all out to make it this time.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Had a cheeky look at your forum actually - consensus that he is your joint second best free kick taker and then reading the comments -

- He was amazing when he came in
- dropped off this season - is it his hip?
- [Lots of people] - free kick quality and technique is still fine, no one is getting on the end of them
- [Some people] - needs to stop hitting the first man

Don't think it's a major red flag to be honest. Not to me at least.

You're starting to sound eerily like someone I used to know on this forum who quit in high dudgeon.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
You're starting to sound eerily like someone I used to know on this forum who quit in high dudgeon.
A couple of people have said this now - I honestly don't have any other AM accounts - historic or current. Can kind of see how it happens though, I guess my style of writing is similar?

Just hope I'm getting compared with a good poster and not some absolute idiot!

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

I’m not trying to do anything bro. It’s just calling it as I see it. Don’t think the numbers lie either.

Not going to pretend like I love a player I don’t rate. The reverse is true as well.

For me I just think MØ is the smarter move. Same with Lautaro.
Just because you don't rate him doesn't mean you keep harping around his thread or derailing others about him being some long shot merchant nonsense and overperforming his xG to suit your agenda bro. It's not genuine.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Do some of you not realise Leicester are constantly in a battle for top 4 with Maddison as their main AM? Are people really that stupid to not want James Maddison here after we finished in 8th place?

I would be over the moon if we signed Maddison. Some on here really need to re evaluate where we are as a football club. Nobody can moan about where we are and then turn their noses up at a quality footballer. Embarrassing.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Do some of you not realise Leicester are constantly in a battle for top 4 with Maddison as their main AM? Are people really that stupid to not want James Maddison here after we finished in 8th place?

I would be over the moon if we signed Maddison. Some on here really need to re evaluate where we are as a football club. Nobody can moan about where we are and then turn their noses up at a quality footballer. Embarrassing.
I am almost certain he was on many of our wishlists a year or two ago. I must have imagined it.

70 mil is a stretch for what he would bring I have to admit, but yeah undoubtedly quality. If we wanted to get a tune out of our main superstar striker, this would be one of the ways to do it.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Just because you don't rate him doesn't mean you keep harping around his thread or derailing others about him being some long shot merchant nonsense and overperforming his xG to suit your agenda bro. It's not genuine.

Where have I mentioned long shots or over performing xG in this thread? I’ll wait.

If anything he’s been bang in line with expected totals every season 🤷🏻‍♂️

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

The Rex slander over Maddison is low key hurting my feelings. He's not an Arsenal player so I cba to ride out for him just yet but - yeah I am not impressed.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Where have I mentioned long shots or over performing xG in this thread? I’ll wait.

If anything he’s been bang in line with expected totals every season 🤷🏻‍♂️
Nah it was his best season in terms of goalscoring and assisting.

My thing with him is he’s never broken double digits in expected or actual goals and assists and each year he’s steadily played less and less games due to injury.

Is that really the CV of a 70M player? Yeah he can hit a long range banger from time to time but he takes a huge amount of shots a game to get that number.
He massively outperformed his xG this year so honestly you’re probably capped at 6-8 goals from him year in year out just because of the type of goals he gets.

The_Real_Story_Behind_Black_Guy_On_The_Phone_Meme-500x500.jpg

Top Bottom