• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

James Maddison

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
If this doesn't happen by next week then it's dead. No way Leicester going to sell close to deadline day because surely they want to sort out a replacement

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
I have a feeling Onana is still THE option. Gives me Partey vibes. There's just no way we spend £25M on Ramsdale. Spending £25M of the budget on Ramsdale is the equivalent of spending £80M on Maddison imo.

But then you keep asking why wouldn't they have done it already? The fee for Onana is so low. Unless it's got to do with our AM signing or getting Runnarson out the door or something. I mean potentially I guess if we bring in Mads maybe we can afford space for a non-homegrown back-up keeper (Onana)?

I'm starting up think we might keep Runnarson or there will be a leftfield name come up. I can't see us going over £25m for Ramsdale. Even that much is crazy really when we have other priorities.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
But then you keep asking why wouldn't they have done it already? The fee for Onana is so low. Unless it's got to do with our AM signing or getting Runnarson out the door or something. I mean potentially I guess if we bring in Mads maybe we can afford space for a non-homegrown back-up keeper (Onana)?

I'm starting up think we might keep Runnarson or there will be a leftfield name come up. I can't see us going over £25m for Ramsdale. Even that much is crazy really when we have other priorities.

Probably because he can't play till November and they want to save a few months wages. Although it does seem that Ramsdale is the top target unfortunately.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
World-class striker not viable because spending 60mil€ on a CB instead FC

Lautaro Martinez isn't a world class striker and White was needed. We were clearly willing to pay £60M for Martinez but now Inter want more/dont want to sell. It will take a lot to get him out of there and for that money you can get a better option.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

Because why would you sign a player that can't play until November on any other day than deadline day? A deal could easily be agreed to be done on deadline day.

I think we have different options for different scenarios and none of those scenarios can really play out until we've got the AM done.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Because why would you sign a player that can't play until November on any other day than deadline day? A deal could easily be agreed to be done on deadline day.

Maybe because other clubs can get him if we wait too much?
Why wait until the deadline day? Doesn't make any sense.

Gn1212

Doesn't the need for a HG keeper diminish significantly after the additions of White and potentially Maddison, surely we'd be fine on the HG quota? Just bring in Maddison and Onana then go and get a 9.
There have been rumours that Garlick briefed Arsenal about the HG rules becoming stricter with Brexit.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Maybe because other clubs can get him if we wait too much?
Why wait until the deadline day? Doesn't make any sense.

If you have an agreement with the player then they can't. If a club wanted Onana they would've done a deal by now. He either has a deal sorted out already or he's waiting until January.

Barry

Probably because he can't play till November and they want to save a few months wages. Although it does seem that Ramsdale is the top target unfortunately.
I doubt he gets a full salary anywhere when he arrives if he is banned until November though? Interesting idea though, wouldn't put it past us!

ProspectFox

Too full of himself
Having all these Foxes in the forum reminds me of the summer we signed Tierney. Having all these Celtic fans on the forum telling us how Tierney wouldn't come until they won 10 in a row, (must check how that worked out for them) and how we wouldn't get him for below 35 million and how Septic were a bigger club etc etc etc. By the end of the window Tierney was an Arsenal player and for a lot less than £35 million!!

A big point when they sold Chilwell and Maguire is that they wanted the full transfer fee upfront, no reason to think they will want anything different in this deal

Finally someone who understands the way Leicester operate, rather than the poster above.

The whole window, Leicester the club, and every single Leicester fan posting on here, has told you that Maddison is available.
There is nobody here saying 'Maddison will not leave', they're saying the opposite, he will leave....Once Arsenal pay the fee Leicester want.

This AFCBell guy, if you read carefully, is saying the same thing I said on here when I signed up.
Arsenal offered £45/50 million, Leicester said they would only 'Open negotiations' at £60 million.
Arsenal enquired whether Leicester would accept players as well as money....Leicester responded with no, unless it was obviously something mental like Saka/ESR etc....But would have took Saliba + £60 million, like I already reported.

As has been the case all summer, Maddison is available and if he goes, it will be for somewhere in between £65-80 million.
Leicester will 'open negotiations' at £60 million, meaning they want a bit more than that.

Man City had to pay £70 million for Mahrez.
Man United had to pay £80 million for Maguire.
Why some ignore this, and think Maddison, who is less interested in making the move than Mahrez was, will somehow 'push this through', is just blind delusion.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Finally someone who understands the way Leicester operate, rather than the poster above.

The whole window, Leicester the club, and every single Leicester fan posting on here, has told you that Maddison is available.
There is nobody here saying 'Maddison will not leave', they're saying the opposite, he will leave....Once Arsenal pay the fee Leicester want.

This AFCBell guy, if you read carefully, is saying the same thing I said on here when I signed up.
Arsenal offered £45/50 million, Leicester said they would only 'Open negotiations' at £60 million.
Arsenal enquired whether Leicester would accept players as well as money....Leicester responded with no, unless it was obviously something mental like Saka/ESR etc....But would have took Saliba + £60 million, like I already reported.

As has been the case all summer, Maddison is available and if he goes, it will be for somewhere in between £65-80 million.
Leicester will 'open negotiations' at £60 million, meaning they want a bit more than that.

Why some ignore this, and think Maddison, who is less interested in making the move than Mahrez was, will somehow 'push this through', is just blind delusion.

Yes it'll be £60M + add ons or something like £65M in the end if it does happen. Probably an overall deal of £70M. If it can't be done around or below that we'll walk away and get Ødegaard.

ProspectFox

Too full of himself
Yes it'll be £60M + add ons or something like £65M in the end if it does happen. Probably an overall deal of £70M. If it can't be done around or below that we'll walk away and get Ødegaard.

Which is the kind of deal, both I and Leicester, have said all along.

Why this is causing so much controversy is a bit silly.....Leicester are such an easy club to deal with transfer wise.
Hence they have no problems themselves, when they bring players in, just like they did so quickly this summer.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Which is the kind of deal, both I and Leicester, have said all along.

Why this is causing so much controversy is a bit silly.....Leicester are such an easy club to deal with transfer wise.
Hence they have no problems themselves, when they bring players in, just like they did so quickly this summer.

Have you had any more info on it? I assume the next thing we all here will be advanced talks if it is going ahead or Ødegaard deal close.

Barry

Agree with the thrust of this. Appears that Maddison is available for the right price and is open to a move to Arsenal. I think £65m is probably the lowest we can get him for, possibly £60m if we are able to pay it all upfront. I'm skeptical we will go that high but let's see.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐

Who's a cheaper alternative other than Ode?

Aouar? Seriously don’t think there’s anything to this Maddison stuff. The Leicester guy from The Athletic says nothing has happened so far, Ornstein says nothing is happening. Bell has given himself an out by saying they don’t want to spend all the budget on Maddison and Wheatley naturally does the same.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Aouar? Seriously don’t think there’s anything to this Maddison stuff. The Leicester guy from The Athletic says nothing has happened so far, Ornstein says nothing is happening. Bell has given himself an out by saying they don’t want to spend all the budget on Maddison and Wheatley naturally does the same.
Wonder if the Fekir links will pop up again.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Wonder if the Fekir links will pop up again.

Could do although you could probably get Aouar for less money. It’s interesting that a lot of these dogshit reporters like Wheatley and the bloke from The Evening Standard are completely ignoring the striker situation but more reliable sources are constantly saying we want a striker.

Reactions: A_G

Latest posts

Top Bottom