• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

James Maddison

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Nope. Arsenal all the way. I do like what Leicester has done though. I don't have strong negative feelings against them.
Read some more of this Fox's comments and he'll fix that for you. Like Leicester's setup and their rectruitment but fkin hell the lad reads something he doesnt like and starts throwing shade at the entire fanbase calling us deluded when he expects Soyuncu and Johnny Evans to play a full season because of rotation options in midfield. If every Leicester fan was like him 🤔

ProspectFox

Too full of himself
Read some more of this Fox's comments and he'll fix that for you. Like Leicester's setup and their rectruitment but fkin hell the lad reads something he doesnt like and starts throwing shade at the entire fanbase calling us deluded when he expects Soyuncu and Johnny Evans to play a full season because of rotation options in midfield. If every Leicester fan was like him 🤔

You know we're signing at least 1 other CB right, possibly 2?
Although of course, once they're signed, it's because Maddison is leaving.

Soyuncu + Evans + New CB + Amartey/Justin/Castagne....Looks fine to me.

Vestegaard looking most likely, but the club wants to hijack Sp**s's deal for Tomiyasu.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
You know we're signing at least 1 other CB right, possibly 2?
Although of course, once they're signed, it's because Maddison is leaving.

Soyuncu + Evans + New CB + Amartey/Justin/Castagne....Looks fine to me.

Vestegaard looking most likely, but the club wants to hijack Sp**s's deal for Tomiyasu.
So you think Soyuncu and Evans will be fit for the season then? :rolleyes:

Thought you only counted signings that were in the door?

Edit: I really do hope the merry go round ends up with Maddison at Arsenal - he really is exactly what we need to push on while the younger talents are developing further

ProspectFox

Too full of himself
So you think Soyuncu and Evans will be fit for the season then? :rolleyes:

Thought you only counted signings that were in the door?

Edit: I really do hope the merry go round ends up with Maddison at Arsenal - he really is exactly what we need to push on while the younger talents are developing further

Soyuncu + Evans + Amartey + Benkovic + Nelson....We already have 5 CB's fit at the club, but we want a permanent 4th choice of top quality like we have all summer.

I too hope Maddison ends up there.
Ideally for us, next season rather than this.....But if you offer a crazy fee, we will just sit on the money and spend it next summer if our targets aren't available.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Soyuncu + Evans + Amartey + Benkovic + Nelson....We already have 5 CB's fit at the club, but we want a permanent 4th choice of top quality like we have all summer.

I too hope Maddison ends up there.
Ideally for us, next season rather than this.....But if you offer a crazy fee, we will just sit on the money and spend it next summer if our targets aren't available.
So who do you think will replace out of top 4 and what actually is the best 11 lineup for a Leicester team pushing for top 4? Feel like the centrebacks are the most important part of a Leicester drive now as everything else it seems like Rodgers sets up to be able to drill the team on.

ProspectFox

Too full of himself
So who do you think will replace out of top 4 and what actually is the best 11 lineup for a Leicester team pushing for top 4? Feel like the centrebacks are the most important part of a Leicester drive now as everything else it seems like Rodgers sets up to be able to drill the team on.

Top 4 will be Man City, Man United, Chelsea and Liverpool.

With a fully fit XI, I think we would be able to push Liverpool out, as their squad has little depth....But Fofana+Evans being out will cost us some early points I think. Justin still out until later in the year as well as Castagne yet to have any minutes. Our first choice back 4 all out.

But it's a long term project based on increased and reasonably natural progression, unlike the Man City model of buying trophies, our fans know that.
Our owners were mocked when they said we would be a regular top 6 club over time....They said, after promotion, we would finish in the top 5 within our first 3 years of being back in the PL, nobody is laughing now after the title win, FA cup and two 5th place finishes.

What is our best XI? Currently?
I've no idea how Soumare/KDH/Daka will adapt, and no clue what Bertrand will offer (Even though he has looked very impressive pre-season).

We just know, that season upon season, the club will continue to grow, both on and off the pitch.
£100 million training ground this season, two top young talents signed in Soumare/Daka this, also on the academy side we've seen some top rated youngsters turn down the likes of Man United after seeing what we're up to. Ground expansion, Arena + hotel....Everything is so positive.

I think we're one summer transfer window away, from being in a position where everyone in this country, finally realises that we're not going away.
European clubs already know that, it's pretty amazing hearing Fabrizio Romano talk about how non-English clubs view Leicester as the example for them to follow, or hear about how Eric Abidal believes we are one of the best run clubs in Europe.
But the 'supposed' big club media bias in this country, is still in denial.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

With a fully fit XI, I think we would be able to push Liverpool out, as their squad has little depth....But Fofana+Evans being out will cost us some early points I think. Justin still out until later in the year as well as Castagne yet to have any minutes. Our first choice back 4 all out.

But it's a long term project based on increased and reasonably natural progression, unlike the Man City model of buying trophies, our fans know that.
Our owners were mocked when they said we would be a regular top 6 club over time....They said, after promotion, we would finish in the top 5 within our first 3 years of being back in the PL, nobody is laughing now after the title win, FA cup and two 5th place finishes.

I've no idea how Soumare/KDH/Daka will adapt, and no clue what Bertrand will offer (Even though he has looked very impressive pre-season).

We just know, that season upon season, the club will continue to grow, both on and off the pitch.
£100 million training ground this season, two top young talents signed in Soumare/Daka this, also on the academy side we've seen some top rated youngsters turn down the likes of Man United after seeing what we're up to. Ground expansion, Arena + hotel....Everything is so positive.

I think we're one summer transfer window away, from being in a position where everyone in this country, finally realises that we're not going away.
European clubs already know that, it's pretty amazing hearing Fabrizio Romano talk about how non-English clubs view Leicester as the example for them to follow, or hear about how Eric Abidal believes we are one of the best run clubs in Europe.

Think you will regret not getting Champions League, at some point over the last 2 seasons, as you were definitely good enough...don't think you quite have it in you anymore.

Though with the FA cup win last season, plus even the Shield win this year, that's very good...two 5th place finishes is pretty good too.

You will probably get a Europa League finish this season too, you have established yourselves very well these past few years, tbf.

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
How Leicester replacing Vardy goes will be pretty pivotal in how they hold up for the next couple of seasons. I'm not sure of ProspectFox's driving motivation other than a "we are the big club now" narrative. I like Leicester generally, its always fun to see a new horse in the race, but this sure is a smug assessment.

You will displace Liverpool? I don't think that is happening.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member

Fair enough points, although I think Utd could drop like a rock with some bad results given they're fairly predictable whereas Liverpool have a manager who knows how to get them through even with injuries.

I think it was a somewhat laughable comment at the time - nearly got relegated playing some of the worst football Ive seen and nearly breaking a few legs on the way. Nobody knew Ranieri would be brought in and Vardy would explode changing the whole situation.

I still think its weird you think so lowly of Xhaka given the last time we met he had to play alongside Elneny and given how the match went, but each to their own. To me both Arsenal and Leicester look short right now - but if you give us Maddison then it will be very very tight and come down to who fitness levels and who is available for selection. For the first time we look somewhat solid, if we keep the ball better and add a few more goals we're in with a good chance of making 70+ points.

I dont believe anyone thinks Leicester are anything but a brilliantly run club outside the normal clueless idiots tbh. Big club bias is there mainly because the ones commenting are former big club players mainly the Liverpool ones who are a bunch of parrots.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
I dont believe anyone thinks Leicester are anything but a brilliantly run club outside the normal clueless idiots tbh. Big club bias is there mainly because the ones commenting are former big club players mainly the Liverpool ones who are a bunch of parrots.
true - John Parrot is from Liverpool

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
At some point the shoe will drop, Leicester will stop outperforming its xG greatly under Rodgers, and people will realise he's not / Leicester is not that good. Probably this season. Expect they will finish below us and Sp*rs and perhaps some other surprise outfit.

ProspectFox

Too full of himself
Fair enough points, although I think Utd could drop like a rock with some bad results given they're fairly predictable whereas Liverpool have a manager who knows how to get them through even with injuries.

I think it was a somewhat laughable comment at the time - nearly got relegated playing some of the worst football Ive seen and nearly breaking a few legs on the way. Nobody knew Ranieri would be brought in and Vardy would explode changing the whole situation.

I still think its weird you think so lowly of Xhaka given the last time we met he had to play alongside Elneny and given how the match went, but each to their own. To me both Arsenal and Leicester look short right now - but if you give us Maddison then it will be very very tight and come down to who fitness levels and who is available for selection. For the first time we look somewhat solid, if we keep the ball better and add a few more goals we're in with a good chance of making 70+ points.

Well there is still that unfortunate 'Myth' that Leicester 'Fluked' the league that season.
A lack of injuries, perhaps, was fortunate....But we had no Europe and were not interested in the Cups.

Interestingly, every season since that, with the exception of when Liverpool won the league, a player from Leicester's title winning season, has been in the side which has won the league. (Mahrez + Kante)
They were both in last years Champions League final too.
You combine a World Class player like Kante, two top class players having the season of their lives in Mahrez+Vardy, a top keeper and a very solid defence, and it's a typical title winning side of the non-PL era. "1 nil to the Arsenal" fans should know all about that!
It was 'easier' to win it that year, because Pep had yet to arrive with his £1 billion and because Fergie wasn't about, he won a few titles like that when you actually look back at seasons where they had Newcastle as rivals, for example.
But there have been a few PL seasons where a lower points total was required.
If Arsenal had won it, or even Sp**s, it wouldn't have been consider a 'fluke'.....That's the 'big club' bias again though.

I don't watch Xhaka play every week, and I actually rate him....Whenever I watch him play for Switzerland.
I think the treatment of some fans towards him, is a bit of a joke, but again, I don't watch him every week.
For me, he's judged harshly, even though he's pretty much always the best of a bad bunch in there, I think too many people remember the Vieira era, and the Fabregas one shortly after, and see such a decline and for some reason put the blame on him, not the club.
But Xhaka is 28, imo weaker, or at least not better, than Ndidi (24) and Tielemans (24).

When we won the league our transfer policy changed, we started targeting players who were already performing well in other leagues and at an age where they would be regarded as in their 'primes', rather than targeting players at an age we could develop, mould into what we wanted, and potentially sell later on if we wish. Slimani + Adrien Silva are great examples of that.
Since we have returned to what we are good at, e.g. Vardy/Mahrez/Kante etc, we've uncovered some great youngsters again.

"Big club" in terms of historic achievement, we are not....
But we haven't spent £100 million on a training ground, because we have ambitions where mid-table is considered a success.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
The state of us. These days it’s footocially acceptable for a Leicester fan to come into an Arsenal forum and chat with smugness.

We are now that ****. Painful.
We withstood Celtic and Olympiakos, we can deal with this. Course, if the mods weren't so gutless, we wouldn't have too.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Well there is still that unfortunate 'Myth' that Leicester 'Fluked' the league that season.
A lack of injuries, perhaps, was fortunate....But we had no Europe and were not interested in the Cups.

Interestingly, every season since that, with the exception of when Liverpool won the league, a player from Leicester's title winning season, has been in the side which has won the league. (Mahrez + Kante)
They were both in last years Champions League final too.
You combine a World Class player like Kante, two top class players having the season of their lives in Mahrez+Vardy, a top keeper and a very solid defence, and it's a typical title winning side of the non-PL era. "1 nil to the Arsenal" fans should know all about that!
It was 'easier' to win it that year, because Pep had yet to arrive with his £1 billion and because Fergie wasn't about, he won a few titles like that when you actually look back at seasons where they had Newcastle as rivals, for example.
But there have been a few PL seasons where a lower points total was required.
If Arsenal had won it, or even Sp**s, it wouldn't have been consider a 'fluke'.....That's the 'big club' bias again though.

I don't watch Xhaka play every week, and I actually rate him....Whenever I watch him play for Switzerland.
I think the treatment of some fans towards him, is a bit of a joke, but again, I don't watch him every week.
For me, he's judged harshly, even though he's pretty much always the best of a bad bunch in there, I think too many people remember the Vieira era, and the Fabregas one shortly after, and see such a decline and for some reason put the blame on him, not the club.
But Xhaka is 28, imo weaker, or at least not better, than Ndidi (24) and Tielemans (24).

When we won the league our transfer policy changed, we started targeting players who were already performing well in other leagues and at an age where they would be regarded as in their 'primes', rather than targeting players at an age we could develop, mould into what we wanted, and potentially sell later on if we wish. Slimani + Adrien Silva are great examples of that.
Since we have returned to what we are good at, e.g. Vardy/Mahrez/Kante etc, we've uncovered some great youngsters again.

"Big club" in terms of historic achievement, we are not....
But we haven't spent £100 million on a training ground, because we have ambitions where mid-table is considered a success.
Nobody cares. Long posts about Arsenal don't get read on here, so **** knows who'd read this codswallop.

Top Bottom