• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

James Maddison

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Maybe we'll see some movement after white. Still don't think we very serious about it maybe potential late of window signing even tho we can't go late at Leicester they'll need replacement

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
It's just a strong hunch that he's cheap because he's not good enough, rather than being cheap because he's good value. If you are buying from the Bundesliga, there's usually a drop off in numbers to the PL because it's a harder league. That factored in with his age and not being a starter for Dortmund... Think he's on flop watch.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
It's just a strong hunch that he's cheap because he's not good enough, rather than being cheap because he's good value. If you are buying from the Bundesliga, there's usually a drop off in numbers to the PL because it's a harder league. That factored in with his age and not being a starter for Dortmund... Think he's on flop watch.
He looks very good in tight space, good close control and dribbling skills. Teamwork and passing is also good. Always make good decision on when is the perfect time to pass the ball (A lot of skillers would hold the ball for too long, missed the passing opportunity)(A lot of teamworkers will just pass around and missed the opportunity to take on a defender)(A lot of direct player would have taken a shot instead of passing to a teammate in a better position). He looks like the perfect blend of Hleb and rosicky. Ticked all the boxes of an attacking midfielder.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Isn't the AFCBell a team of 4 or 5 people? MrArsenicTM is the founder I believe.

Wonder how reliable they are, the weirdest one was when they broke the news that Edu + Vinai were going to do that interview where they said Mikel was now a manager not a coach, then obviously the Partey stuff.

Think they cling onto a few stories now though.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Wonder how reliable they are, the weirdest one was when they broke the news that Edu + Vinai were going to do that interview where they said Mikel was now a manager not a coach, then obviously the Partey stuff.

Think they cling onto a few stories now though.
They've built up a good network with other journalists that includes David Ornstein. Combine that with the interaction they've had with different agents and it's actually a genius way to break into journalism.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I think ultimately he gives us something different. A slightly different profile to ESR for example could easily play with him in the same starting XI. I believe he offers a goal threat, can create chances, is so good at receiving the ball in between the lines and then turning and has the ability to shoot, or find a final pass in and around the box. I think he's a top quality player.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
I think he'd be a great signing if it happens. Grealish is out of reach for us at the moment so I'd be delighted with Maddison.

ESR has to be a starter to begin the season for me but I've been thinking perhaps we'll see ESR at LW with Maddison in at AM. AM is his best position as I feel he gets to isolated out wide.

The only problem is that it most likely means Pepe missing out and I'm hesitant to break up that Pepe-ESR-Saka combination that was developing so well but those are really nice options to have. We have to sign another AM either way.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
I read that since Maddison made his PL debut only KDB has created more chances than maddison. I also read he has scored more goals from outside the box than anyone in the league.

If he was Ghanaian or Welsh no one would mind paying 60m for him.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I’m not sure why we would be interested in Madison. We already have ESR who can develop into a similar role. Though not quite the same playmaker but we should prioritize our signings. We need a CM more than a AM.

Also if AM is so important it makes Arteta and the club look like idiots for sidelining Özil for 4 months.

just go for grealish and done.
Maddison and ESR are completely different players though. I put ESR in the Grealish/Nasri/Rosicky type category. Basically link up players (who are literally my favourite type of players, it’s what I build my game around irl).

But Maddison is more of a well rounded attacking mid he would have a better range of passing, vision and ball striking. Don’t get me wrong ESR can develop these things for sure but at the moment he isn’t good enough in those categories + his fitness record to hold down AM himself imo.

But as I said in an earlier post I wouldn’t mind a Olise type signing to bolster the area and get a world class CM. Both ideas I like. Maybe if I was offered Tielemans or Maddison I would take Tielemans for example… extremely durable player and fixes our midfield on the spot.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Maddison and ESR are completely different players though. I put ESR in the Grealish/Nasri/Rosicky type category. Basically link up players (who are literally my favourite type of players, it’s what I build my game around irl).

But Maddison is more of a well rounded attacking mid he would have a better range of passing, vision and ball striking. Don’t get me wrong ESR can develop these things for sure but at the moment he isn’t good enough in those categories + his fitness record to hold down AM himself imo.

But as I said in an earlier post I wouldn’t mind a Olise type signing to bolster the area and get a world class CM. Both ideas I like. Maybe if I was offered Tielemans or Maddison I would take Tielemans for example… extremely durable player and fixes our midfield on the spot.
ESR has more teamwork and build up game in him, which is great. Maddison is a bit more direct, which at times, can kill the team’s build up (may choose to shoot instead of passing to a teammate in a better shooting position) (may try long passes, when he should have played one touch football, one two short passes with his teammates).

BobP

Memri Fan
They've built up a good network with other journalists that includes David Ornstein. Combine that with the interaction they've had with different agents and it's actually a genius way to break into journalism.
It's been done before tbf.

Won't mention by who though, especially after recent events.

Reactions: A_G

Latest posts

Top Bottom