• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

James Maddison

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Maddison had similar numbers in a less advanced position than Buendia in the championship and has better numbers than Buendia in the premier league. There's no comparison.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
1622888481672-png.3158

Yeah, tbh, kinda feel like we should just go back in for Aouar. This graph reminded me of how damn good he can be, that is just elite.

In the end top talent is top talent and Aouar is top talent. Get him in and the manager's job is to make it work. We would lack a natural creative focal point but between ESR, Aouar, Saka, and hopefully a better version of Xhaka (Locatelli, I guess, would be the dream at this point, but more likely Neves, I suppose), hopefully our football would be good enough holistically to create enough.

Dont like Aouars behavior and I feel he's got a bad mentality, but I'd take him and a Dortmund-like super talent signing next to him for that position over Maddison all day long.

Or get another very exciting midfielder on top of it, with the money saved.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
We need to ban the word Buendia on here, because it's just to soul crushing we spend double on a probably not as good player when he's been there for the taking.

We need to heal, robot barry.
I'm down with this! The scars are still fresh but Ødegaard or Maddison would provide some healing

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

It’s a shame we missed out on Bruno Fernandes before Utd got him. He would have been perfect for us.

Bruno has a ridiculous numbers of goals/assists in his role.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
It’s a shame we missed out on Bruno Fernandes before Utd got him. He would have been perfect for us.

Bruno has a ridiculous numbers of goals/assists in his role.

Think he's pretty overrated at this stage, not because he's bad at all, but there are better AMs.

Regarding whether ManU gets the better deal, if we buy Maddison for 60-70m, there's no doubt though that ManU did pretty pretty good.

Agree that Bruno would've adressed key needs in our team though.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Maddison had similar numbers in a less advanced position than Buendia in the championship and has better numbers than Buendia in the premier league. There's no comparison.
I take the word for the people who watched their every word. Norwich fans say buendia is better player

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I take the word for the people who watched their every word. Norwich fans say buendia is better player

Buendia is technically more gifted, I'd agree with that. But Maddison puts up better numbers, consistently as well. Also has room to improve and naturally slots right into the AM role.

In terms of a cost effective signing yeah Buendia and even Pereira make sense. But it seems we are going big for whatever reason. And in that case Maddison is the answer.

ChefMan21

Is the logic really 'Buendia is a bit better on some stats therefore we shouldn't sign Maddison'?

Like going to a restaurant where the steak has sold out and saying 'I'm not having the lamb, I'd rather starve'.

Time is short, we need to stop ****ing around and sign good players before the window closes. Maddison is a good player, sign him, enjoy the meal, let's have a celebratory drink at the end when we're back in Europe.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Think he's pretty overrated at this stage, not because he's bad at all, but there are better AMs.

Regarding whether ManU gets the better deal, if we buy Maddison for 60-70m, there's no doubt though that ManU did pretty pretty good.

Agree that Bruno would've adressed key needs in our team though.

I would say the opposite tbh. A lot of people on here don’t seem to rate him because he plays for Utd and takes penalties but someone has to take them.

His stats are ridiculous, he’s got 18 goals and 12 assists last season just in the PL. That’s like 5 goals off the same amount as goal as Auba and Laca combined last season in the PL.

Utd paying 47m for him is looking like a great deal now.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Buendia is technically more gifted, I'd agree with that. But Maddison puts up better numbers, consistently as well. Also has room to improve and naturally slots right into the AM role.

In terms of a cost effective signing yeah Buendia and even Pereira make sense. But it seems we are going big for whatever reason. And in that case Maddison is the answer.
The numbers buendia put on last season Maddison didn’t do in the championship. All I know is they are saying he is a better player. Are you saying they are wrong and Maddison is better player? Btw we not gonna sign this guy it’s way too expensive

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
I would say the opposite tbh. A lot of people on here don’t seem to rate him because he plays for Utd and takes penalties but someone has to take them.

His stats are ridiculous, he’s got 18 goals and 12 assists last season just in the PL. That’s like 5 goals off the same amount as goal as Auba and Laca combined last season in the PL.

Utd paying 47m for him is looking like a great deal now.

Not referring to AM, but in general and including ManU fans.
He's pretty good, agree here, but people make it seem like he's even close to KDB, which is in another universe - best midfielder out there.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
The numbers buendia put on last season Maddison didn’t do in the championship. All I know is they are saying he is a better player. Are you saying they are wrong and Maddison is better player? Btw we not gonna sign this guy it’s way too expensive

Maddison played purely as a AM and got 14 goals and 14 assists in the championship. Both sets of numbers are excellent.

Of course they're going to say he's a better player. They're living in the now when Maddison hasn't been there for 3 years.

It's all a matter of opinion. Right now taking the price out of it Maddison would be a better signing than Buendia. There's no question about it. Buendia has been playing from the right for Norwich, whereas we need a AM. Maddison instantly slots into that role, whereas Buendia is a bit of an unknown. Let's also not forget Buendia only scored 1 goal in his prem season with Norwich.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Not referring to AM, but in general and including ManU fans.
He's pretty good, agree here, but people make it seem like he's even close to KDB, which is in another universe - best midfielder out there.

I understand but even KDB is overrated to some extent. All these fans and pundits make him out to be some PL great but I don’t see it.

Top Bottom