• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

James Maddison

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Look like alot of Leicester fans on Twitter wouldn't be surprised if thier club let Maddison leave if good bid came they in fact say he more likely to leave than Ndidi or Tielemans

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I don't think that's stats bear it out. But fwiw, I agree Maddison can be a brilliant signing for us. And there is/should be a premium attached because his form has been against the exact opposition we are recruiting him to play against.

The argument is at what value he becomes too expensive. Certainly shouldn't be paying an "English player" premium.

Is there any other clubs than the two Manchester clubs that do that regularly. The worst thing about that premium is it doesn't exist outside the PL. So you'd have to sell to a big 6 club to realise it with sales.
Chelsea signed Chilwell and are/were trying to sign Rice. Also you wouldn't be buying to sell you'd be buying to win.

I'm not saying sign any old English players. IMO Maddison is one of their best. With that you get all the commercial opportunities that comes with the English brand. Would Grealish be as regarded now if he still played for Ireland? No. Now that's not a primary concern its a by product but its soemthjing to consider.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I'd take Ødegaard for £50m before Maddison for £65m.
Probably not getting either and someone much cheaper. Ode was here for 4 months and did little or nothing for me.

I think Ode is someone that I can see Carlo wanting to use next season too.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Chelsea signed Chilwell and are/were trying to sign Rice. Also you wouldn't be buying to sell you'd be buying to win.

I'm not saying sign any old English players. IMO Maddison is one of their best. With that you get all the commercial opportunities that comes with the English brand. Would Grealish be as regarded now if he still played for Ireland? No. Now that's not a primary concern its a by product but its soemthjing to consider.
And if you get Aouar/Brandt, you will get commercial opportunities that comes with the French/German brand.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Maguire’s average, he’s decent positionally and tells colleagues where to be but Utd have to protect their defence with two dms usually. He also made a number of appalling errors last season that would leave AM in utter disbelief.
He has far from average. And made mistakes after what was a horrific situation in Greece. Since they he has been solid for United. Last comment is look at the improvement defensively since he signed. And on that I'm not derailing this thread any longer.

TheIceman85

Agreed, Bellingham would be a dream signing, hopefully we are in a position to be able to get him in the next few years. Having a strong core of English/British players would only help us in that sense.
That’s the dream but we tried that already with Francis Jeffers/Richard Wright/Matthew Upson/Jermaine Pennant and then again later with Carl Jenkinsen/Jack Wilshere/Theo Walcott/Kieran Gibbs/Oxlade-Chamberlain - it’s never worked out for us since the Graham era.
Would be great to see it work now though, adding to the Saka/ESR core.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

The man's made a career out of sliding into the DMs of player's family members and entourages. All that without ever taking his shirt off.

Trully legendary.

Definitely smoother than this poor chap, DMs though..........what a poisoned chalice.

a95

Kav

Established Member
I’m not sure why we would be interested in Madison. We already have ESR who can develop into a similar role. Though not quite the same playmaker but we should prioritize our signings. We need a CM more than a AM.

Also if AM is so important it makes Arteta and the club look like idiots for sidelining Özil for 4 months.

just go for grealish and done.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
ESR, Maddison, Saka, Pepe (less so), Martinelli as possible high press, attacking options behind Auba. I'm here for it!

Latest posts+

Top Bottom