• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

James Maddison

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Is this really the case though (genuine question, haven't heard much about his injuries)? A quick Wikipedia search shows he's played 30 plus PL games for the last 3 seasons. If he can play that amount for us I'd take him in a heartbeat.
There has been a lot of talk about his 'chronic' hip problem. Which to me seems strange considering like you said he played 31, 31 and 36 PL games the three seasons he has been there. That is almost a perfect record. It made me curious so I looked a bit more into it.

His hip problem didn't start until near the end of his second season there (19/20). He missed the last three weeks of the season.

He seemed to be still struggling with his hip prior to their first game of the following season. The team news for that game says he is a doubt. In the end he made the bench and came on for the last 15 minutes.

Now this is the important part for me, in the first 7 games he only started one game. Not sure if Rodgers just dropped him or the hip issue was still giving him problems. If it is the latter that would be a major concern because that would have meant he needed a full three months to recover from that (obviously he didn't miss much games because a lot of it was the summer break). I say three months because that was the gap between his last two starts.

So I guess it depends how you analyse that period.

Last edited:

Abhishek Arora

Always Hoping For The Worst
Last season West Ham were 2 points away from 4th, Leicester 1 point.
We were 8 points off 3rd place in our worst season since 95, I wouldn't call that miles off.
It depends on who we bring in till next month and whether Arteta will continue being rubbish or improves.
Liverpool have their players back from injuries especially vandijk
Chelsea have got the manager who has turned things around
ManUtd are signing top players
Man city..no chance of missing
With Arteta in charge even top6 looks a distant dream

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
I get what you're saying but would you have said something similar last summer? Chelsea having spent loads of money, city being city and Liverpool being Liverpool. Maybe Utd looked like the weak links at the time?
Just saying weaknesses often appear from unexpected places, I guess our job is to be ready to capitalise.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes

Football ain't no game where you take the old and add something new and get the expected outcome.

Nobody knows **** all about what any of the above teams will be going to do, there are some expected outcomes that have a higher probability, but in the end City can hardly do better as they did, so they are not getting better at the very least.

ManU might not get 10points + more than they deserved due to horrendous calls made by referees. They've got a bad coach that never looks to be fighting for the title.

The list of things to consider is endless and then again, after adding up all the facts, it will still be pretty close to gambling.

Football bets are closer to gambling than they are to conclusions derived by knowledge.
Even more so as will power, attitude, fitness and confidence are more important than relatively fine margins at the biggest clubs in terms of quality.

Finesse

Maddi and Neves will be less than 100M, and 20M of that will be the Xhaka money. What you guys crying about?

Those who complain the club and KSE lack ambition , protesting outside the ground etc are the same ones worried about over spending when we are linked to Maddison. If Kroenke was to log into this place he would be amazed how the fans love him and don’t want him to splash his money.

Most on here want to spend like paupers in the window but expect to get into the top 4. Or in a few weeks start the Arteta out campaign etc. This club is finished etc

Those who question his price tag should tell me how much they will sell ESR for this window.

Some complain about his injury record yet fail to explain why he still played 30 plus games per season over the last 3.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Those who complain the club and KSE lack ambition , protesting outside the ground etc are the same ones worried about over spending when we are linked to Maddison. If Kroenke was to log into this place he would be amazed how the fans love him and don’t want him to splash his money.

Most on here want to spend like paupers in the window but expect to get into the top 4. Or in a few weeks start the Arteta out campaign etc. This club is finished etc

Those who question his price tag should tell me how much they will sell ESR for this window.

Some complain about his injury record yet fail to explain why he still played 30 plus games per season over the last 3.
Top post as usual.

Alexs

I couldn't care less how much the club/KSE spends, the more the better, but I'd rather not spend it on Maddison. Just a personal opinion. And I don't expect top 4.

Gurru991

Leicester have a history of demanding top money for players. They look for deals when buying but hold out when selling. No fire sale on Maddison !! Well run club !!

SlyFox

I've obviously got no idea if it's a genuine issue or not but the Leicester fans seem to be saying that it's not just about the time he's out but also that he then spends about a third of the season getting his form and match fitness back. He was awful in the last 10 games of last season for example. Wouldn't be against Maddison if Ødegaard is not available. Would be an exciting signing.
Correct, it’s an ongoing issue and even though he was back in the squad, he clearly wasn’t right. It’s a problem that keeps flaring up and they never put a timescale on it, like you would most injuries.

As for him leaving… so let’s get this straight, 6 weeks on, 6 whole weeks after “agreeing terms with him”, Arsenal are still preparing a bid for their main target, despite having already bought players.

And you believe these people?

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
As for him leaving… so let’s get this straight, 6 weeks on, 6 whole weeks after “agreeing terms with him”, Arsenal are still preparing a bid for their main target, despite having already bought players.

And you believe these people?

This is Arsenal though, we are "Preparing a Bid FC"

Think Ødegaard is more likely though personally.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

The breaking news yesterday was we still like Maddison. But the price would be a problem. Sky also looked at depth into Artetas plans this summer. They said the players he likes he would like to keep and the ones he don’t he would like to move them on and replace them with players he likes. August is gonna be madness

Jakarta

Aouar for 20-30m€ or 60/70m£ for Maddison.

If it wasn’t for Maddison’s hip injury I would still be picking the Leicester 10 any day, but ya know Maddison stock has actually fallen the last two seasons imo. There was a point where he was up there with Grealish/Mount and was seen as the best English CAM, but now he has been surpassed by those two and wasn’t even in contention for an England call up.

His injuries and stop start campaigns have really halted his progress.

It’s up to the club to the decide if he’s over his injury issues....because a fit Maddison would no doubt be a top signing that would make us an even better team.

SlyFox

They said the players he likes he would like to keep and the ones he don’t he would like to move them on and replace them with players he likes.

Wow, that’s some in depth analysis right there. It’s no wonder Sky News are still so relevant since social media came to prominence.*

*End sarcasm

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Wow, that’s some in depth analysis right there. It’s no wonder Sky News are still so relevant since social media came to prominence.*

*End sarcasm
tbh they are really struggling for news this window. If you make a believable tweet about a big player moving, good chance they pick it up

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆

information #جرس_أرسنال An Arsenal-appointed broker has begun to test the heart of Leicester City in a round of back-channel talks about a possible deal to sign James Maddison. The feeling in the club camp is that Madison is not an untouchable or unsalable player, but rather a window of hope if the price is right.

information #جرس_أرسنال Arsenal have made their own investigations regarding the player's injury history and records and the suitability of signing him under these circumstances and still have a serious interest in Madison but it is understood that the two clubs are far from being evaluated at the moment.

information #جرس_أرسنال : It is understood that one of the reasons for the valuation gap between the two clubs is that Norwich City included a clause in the sale of Madison to Leicester City that would entitle them to a percentage of the profits of any future sale. Sources close to Norwich did not disclose the exact figure, but claim that the percentage due is between 10% and 15%.

information #جرس_أرسنال Arsenal is open to negotiating with Leicester City and reaching a compromise regarding the price of the deal to suit all parties, but if Leicester insist on an astronomical amount, the club will turn to other options on its list. As we mentioned in January, Ødegaard could be a welcome alternative if Plan A doesn't work

information #جرس_أرسنال Senior sources and very close to the negotiating table confirm that the decisive factor in the James Madison deal is not Arsenal’s ability to provide the value of the deal, but the essence of the matter is that the club wants to do more work in this window and will not overspend madly on one deal, and there are other centers that it wants to support.

information #جرس_أرسنال : The end is still not written in the James Madison deal and it is not dead, but at the same time it is not close or decided. The club is working behind the scenes silently. Let's see what the club can achieve in the coming weeks and let's pray for the good news.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
The Bell has just posted a lot about it actually.

They also say Norwich have a 10-15% sell on clause which doesn't help us. They also say if Leicester ask for a stupid fee we will turn to Ødegaard. But Maddison is plan A.

Top Bottom